THE NEW TNKING SEAL!!!

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

THE NEW TNKING SEAL!!!

Postby agelaus » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:05 am

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-tale ... us&group=1

ALL I CAN SAY IS SCREW CURROPTION (or vengance for you alliance players) HELLO COMMAND!!

I have tested it, and I still get about 4-5k tps single target. Was a little lower on patch (only 7-9k not 12 :( ) But no seal is better for aoe tanking...It makes it so all of your attacks (melee and special attacks) deal an extra 1k on average to three targets. This is awsome!!!
agelaus

Re: THE NEW TNKING SEAL!!!

Postby Fridmarr » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:53 am

There's nothing awesome about spending another talent point. If it's only more effective in AoE situations and only up to 3 targets, I doubt I'll bother.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby agelaus » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:09 am

Your not spending one point...actually your freeing up 3.

If you get Seal of Curruption (2 more points in ret tree than the average prot pally) You can get rid of seals of the pure (which i plan to do once i renew my account). It will increase your dps that you do, and make it so that on those nasty facepulls of extra mobs you have a higher chance of not loosing someone.
agelaus

Postby Invisusira » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:30 am

LOUD NOISES
Invisusira

Postby Magnilda » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:46 am

I'd rather just Glyph Hammer of the Righteous.
Magnilda

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:16 am

... what?
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:53 am

Making sweeping generalizations, especially when there have already been calculations done showing them to be mostly incorrect, is somewhat silly.

I suggest you look under Guides->MATLAB TPS Analysis. If you ever have a question about DPS or Threat, the answer is almost certainly going to be in there.

SoCleave is an improvement only in situations where you can't maintain a 3+ stack of Holy Vengeance. In other words, it shines in two scenarios:
  • Packs of trash that die very quickly (8-10 seconds)
  • Large groups (4-5+) of trash, where tab-targetting to spread SoV will still only give you 1-2 stacks at best - in these cases though, most of your threat is coming from Consecrate and Holy Shield anyway
Anywhere else, tab-targetting with SoV will be superior.

That means that SoCleave is good for heroics, where you kill stuff very quickly. It's also good for players who haven't mastered the art of tab-targetting, or lazy players who don't want to.

In other words, it's useful in the two cases we were perfectly capable of tanking before the change, and at best it's a ~300 TPS improvement (on a baseline of around 8000).

If all you do is grind heroics, and you like stroking your e-peen after topping the meters, then by all means spec Command. The rest of us who gear and spec for serious boss tanking know better than to spec it (even though some do occasionally just for "lulz").
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby katraya » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:29 am

theckhd wrote:Making sweeping generalizations, especially when there have already been calculations done showing them to be mostly incorrect, is somewhat silly.

Your rational and well supported arguement was not presented in all caps. Therefore it must be wrong. Good day to you sir.
Last edited by katraya on Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
katraya
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:41 pm

katraya wrote:You're rational and well supported arguement was not presented in all caps. Therefore it must be wrong. Good day to you sir.

AM I DOIN IT RITE NOW?
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Invisusira » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:50 pm

katraya wrote:You're rational and well supported arguement was not presented in all caps. Therefore it must be wrong. Good day to you sir.

YOU ARE RATIONAL AND WELL SUPPORTED ARGEEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Invisusira

Postby ulushnar » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:00 pm

HOW I MAK SEALS FOR TNK?
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:03 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Invisusira

Postby katraya » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:04 pm

Invisusira wrote:

YOU ARE RATIONAL AND WELL SUPPORTED ARGEEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Damn it! I umn did that on purpose...
katraya
Maintankadonor

Postby Dane » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:39 pm

I hate to be "That guy" and bring in unrelated information...and frankly, sound a little like a prick, but I'm not about to take spec advice from someone with 5/5 Reckoning and 0/2 JotJ. (I'd also put a point into Heart of the Crusader over Benediction...but that's just personal taste.)

It's nothing personal, it just appears that you have a history of making poor spec decisions.
Dane

Postby Kaienn » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:40 pm

DON'T WORRY! HE'S GOT A GLYPH OF SEAL OF VENGEANCE!
Kaienn

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents