Remove Advertisements

Maintaining threat on Maiden

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Maintaining threat on Maiden

Postby Ineedatan » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:46 pm

Are there any suggestions for maintaining threat on Maiden? I've read some of the other Maiden topics, and it really looks like the only spells people are casting is HS and Consecration? Should I swap out Kings for BoSanc for her to get that little bit of extra threat?

I had a heck of a time trying to keep her on me when I was in there last. Granted, it was my first attempt at MTing KZ, and my guild doesn't seem to have much faith in Pally tanks in general, so it seemed like the warrior OT was trying hard to out threat me. Plus I'm still 2.5% short of uncrush and still low on the HP scale (they didn't even give me a chance to respec into the 10% more HP talent before I got pulled in, so I'm still sporting my pre-2.3 spec)

I shielded and ran in and then pretty much didn't get a chance to do anything other than HS and an occasional judge or Consecration. The OT, a Warrior) got a few sunders on her, and pulled her off of me about 30-45 seconds in and I just couldn't grab her back at all.

I guess there's not much I could do about that, but it also just felt like I had a heck of a time maximizing my threat on her because of the silences, and once I lost her, it was hopeless.

(For those who peek at my armory, yeah. it's an ugly mishmash of poorly gemmed and unenchanted epics I've been able to get passed to me in my days of MainHealing. :oops: I was MH spec until less than a week ago, I'm working on it. )
Ineedatan

Postby Melathys » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:46 pm

i just do the same cycle as ever, just a lot more button mashing to get it in b/w silences.
Melathys

Postby Fain » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:51 pm

Yeah, use your regular rotation, just hit the keys a little more to counter the silence. Just keep in mind that you need to watch holy shield alittle more and mash it 2 or so seconds before its up.
Fain

Postby Zhalseran » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:48 pm

The thing to make sure of is that the beginning goes right. Pop wings and throw a shield+judge, then drag her into position. Make sure your group gives you a good amount of time before anyone else touches her. The silecen means it take a few extra seconds to get into your groove. Once you get going though, you should see little-to-no disruption to your normal rotation. Spamming buttons is all it takes.
Zhalseran

Postby Juliette » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:55 pm

Yes, mash buttons a lot between silences. Spam consecration whenever you can, but obviously priority is on Holy Shield first because you don't want to be crushed during silence.

Or since you have a OT Warrior with you, just let him/her tank it and you heal instead, keeping BoSacrifice up.
Juliette

Postby Alienor » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:20 am

I always get the OT to tank it. I multi-tank the rest of the instance, trash, moroes, ect. But don't go near Maiden, usually I toss on my heal set and look after holy fire and repentance healing.
Alienor

Postby somegaijin42 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:58 am

Alienor wrote:I always get the OT to tank it. I multi-tank the rest of the instance, trash, moroes, ect. But don't go near Maiden, usually I toss on my heal set and look after holy fire and repentance healing.

This is what I used to do as well, due to a lack of faith from my RL at the time. However, due to a lack of a true offtank this week, I gave her my first shot. It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. Had to spam the heck out of HS and Consecrate, but with the long cooldowns, I was getting fairly regular JoRs in as well.
I read in another thread that the strat for taking her down is to map all the buttons on your keyboard to Holy Shield, then start banging your face on the keyboard.
somegaijin42

Postby Caelia » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:16 am

somegaijin42 wrote:I read in another thread that the strat for taking her down is to map all the buttons on your keyboard to Holy Shield, then start banging your face on the keyboard.

this strategy works very well....its true ive done it multiple times! However i tanked maiden for the past 2 weeks and the week before. Last week we 1 shot, this week we 1 shot and 2 weeks ago we 2 shot. All those times i was tanking, generally i keep holy shield up, i judge rarely but usually always keep my own consecrate up :D it takes awhile getting used to it, but the first time you do it, it is kinda a rush just button mashing.
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Postby Zhalseran » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:03 am

well that what Warlocks map deathcoil too. Someone jumps them and they just go AHHHHHHHHHHH smashing the keyboard at random.

Once the dealthcoil goes off they just DoT you up and go afk.
Zhalseran

Postby Swagger » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:49 am

If you're alliance, seal of vengeance is definitely the way to go on maiden.
Swagger

Postby Ocaulith » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:15 pm

Hummmm SoV would be nice on Maiden if the stacks dont drop off has anyone given SoV a try on her? Im going to be tanking her tonight for the first time(i always just heal/ holy fire duty) =)
Ocaulith

Postby guillex » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:48 pm

I've never used SoV on her.

HS/Consecrate/SoR-JoR... Good enough for me... Though, as has been stated before, I REALLY pay attention to the HS CD... It's really important.

Unless my healers slack. Then I don't hit it and they scramble. :)
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Swagger » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:03 pm

Ocaulith wrote:Hummmm SoV would be nice on Maiden if the stacks dont drop off has anyone given SoV a try on her? Im going to be tanking her tonight for the first time(i always just heal/ holy fire duty) =)

I've never had trouble with my SoV falling off on her.
Swagger

Postby Ineedatan » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:31 pm

Zhalseran wrote:Make sure your group gives you a good amount of time before anyone else touches her. The silecen means it take a few extra seconds to get into your groove. Once you get going though, you should see little-to-no disruption to your normal rotation. Spamming buttons is all it takes.

Aha.. This sounds like my issue right here. I had a heck of a time getting anyone to wait for DPS on -any- fight we were going after. I'd pull and they'd be attacking almost before the mobs would get to me. I'll try to hammer that point into their heads a little more firmly next time.
Ineedatan

Postby Caelia » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:29 pm

i might try SoV next week, but its best to start off with SoJ unless your guild waits for 5 SoV stacks kind alike old school waiting for sunders :P
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Next

Return to Karazhan