Remove Advertisements

Torn: [Prot PVP DPS] or [Resto PVP SHM]

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Torn: [Prot PVP DPS] or [Resto PVP SHM]

Postby Kiorken » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:32 am

So I have a dilemma. I am loving PVPing as a Prot DPS spec. I got my Burnished Quel'Serrar, 2p tier nine for heavier HotR, and copied Hoboshocka's spec, and mostly glyphs, to rock it out. I can switch to real prot gear on the fly to tank Drek, Galv, and that guy that is the lolboss in Isle. Prot is just fun. Kiting healers, while killing melee with AOE is amazing. Popping shield wall and salv glyph at same time in half prot/half ret pvp gear makes you near indestructible, and with Greatness, Valiance Libram, and a good grasp of understanding your cooldowns, you can devastate just about any other class. Its difficult to get ganked, and in one WG, from start of the battle, to the end, I chased a resto druid OOM, all around one of the southtowers, killing 4 or 5 melee with AOE.

The thing is, no one thinks its viable. I mean for real, I tell them about Hoboshocka, I can even duel them and roflstomp them, and they still don't beleive me. "Why don't you just use your regular tank gear, and regular tank spec?" Well, the same reason you spec Imp HOJ as Ret/Holy, so you can survive the rigors of other players! Of course, I could tank or run flags pve style all day long, but thats bologna. Annihilating physical classes never gets old. I mean, when a rogue can't even get through your sacred shield from full stun lock, thats fun.

BUT! Lately, to actually be "viable" for PVP, I have been on my resto shaman, and its faceroll easy to heal as shammy in PVE and well, not much harder in PVP. And honestly, saving that fully geared Unholy DK, and then watching him stomp healers with an Earth Shield is classic. I already have tells asking me to heal for arena teams, and well, I have really been considering it.

But I don't know if I should stick to Kio with Prot Pwnage. Pallies have a bad habit of getting nerfed when things are actually fun, so I see incoming nerfs in the Prot PVP department. What are your thoughts?

Playing very casually....for now.
Kiorken

Re: Torn: [Prot PVP DPS] or [Resto PVP SHM]

Postby combatwombat » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:11 pm

Well what people think shouldn´t matter any further then if you can get some nice partners for your teams tbh. Beside that jsut go with whatever is most fun, if possible i see no reason why you can´t be playing pvp with both either, should just make you a better player unless you are too short on time.
combatwombat

Re: Torn: [Prot PVP DPS] or [Resto PVP SHM]

Postby towelliee » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:37 am

What gear does Hobo use?
towelliee

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes