[10 Heroic] Twin Val'kyr

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10 Heroic] Twin Val'kyr

Postby guillex » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:37 am

kram wrote:
d503 wrote:
Power of the Twins - Increases Physical damage done by 20%, hit chance by 20%, and attack speed by 10% for 15 seconds. Used only if Fjola is less than 60 (?) yards from Eydis. Both Twins gain this buff.

false

Next time, back it up with WHY it's false. Explanations are better than 1 word post padding replies.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Bertman » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:34 am

downed the twins yesterday.

We used 2 tanks and 3 healers.

All but my co-tank grabbed the black buff 'n we just brute forced it. (we are all in 10 man gear btw)

We tanked them next to each other near the white portal. That way almost all of the running is done after the special to get the dark buff again. In fact, only my OT had to run to the black portal if the black add casts the aoe.

Pretty simple once you get the strat down (whatever the strat is you are using)
Bertman

Postby lakhesis » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:35 pm

The dps in my guild 10's is generally melee heavy & we found that our major issue was the time spent swapping polarities before we could get deeps on shields.

The approach that worked for us was splitting the dps between targets initially. Twins would be positioned about 10-15 yards apart at the back of the arena, which also puts each group about 10-15 yards away from the portal they'd need to swap colours.

When they put a shield up, all dps swapped onto that shield however no one bothered changing polarities. After trying the brute force & balanced-polarity-swapping approaches, we found that melee having to switch polarities & then run 30 yards was just too much time wasted. With split dps some would always be buffed & at least the rest would be on-target quickly rather than running in circles.

Because we ended up using only 5 dps it was a bit more difficult than it should've been, next time we'll stick to two healers. We didn't overly bother about orbs.. if on-colour ones were conveniently grab-able then great, and getting hit by 3 off-colour ones in a row was bad, but mostly they were ignorable.

We've had hassles of one form or another & varying degrees with every fight in heroic mode so far, but twins seems like a bit of a free lunch tbh =\
When society says jump, we say pass the salt.
lakh's armory
lakhesis

Postby kanst » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:35 am

If your group is melee heavy tanking the twins right on top of each other helps. Most of the dps will see an increase in dps because of aoe, and switching is a lot easier when all you have to do is turn and switch. Just set up healers around melee to shield them from orbs to some extent.
kanst

Postby fudomyou » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:50 pm

What is the best time to use cooldowns against the Twins? Twin Spike gets applied much more often on heroic than it does on normal, so is it best to save it for a special ability on the off-Twin, or should it be used any time there's a twin spike that brings you even vaguely low while other people are also taking damage?
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:43 pm

I used them when the person healing the tanks (pally with beacon iirc) was about to take damage from an off-color vortex. Tank healing seemed pretty stable though, so I'm not sure if that was the best time - times I dropped low suddenly from a few hits + a couple orbs hitting me would be good times too, but this was as a warrior; with AD as a pally those times would be less worrisome.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Petrus » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:53 pm

We use a 1-tank 6-dps 3-healer strat. All the dps start on one color, we bloodlust if the initial heal is on the opposite color, then just go from there. Once the first heal goes off, we just make sure we're always the color to dps down the next heal and go from there. Usually get it killed right after or during the 5th special (about 3:45-4 min into the fight). So long as nobody gets stupidly killed it's usually pretty quick and we have a 50/50 chance of all being the right color to dps down the first heal.
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon