Remove Advertisements

How to Solo Baron Geddon as a Paladin

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: How to Solo Baron Geddon as a Paladin

Postby sublimated » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:59 pm

Sarutankah wrote:I'm another fan of doing as ret - no special gear but having the new ret libram that gives 200 str is damn good for self heals etc.

The new Flash of light hot is 100% awesome for this stuff especially with the crit hots from ret as well.

I've started switching to ret for this as well as the next one (mental mind blank on his name, the one that does the arcane explosions) While I don't find it any easier or harder, I do enjoy how much faster he goes down.
sublimated

Postby Sarutankah » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:18 pm

Precisely - do pretty much double the dps as Ret.

I did Golemagg for the first time.. that's a long fight lol. At least he dropped SP weapon chant.
Sarutankah

Postby masterpoobaa » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:32 pm

Having some problem with geddon.
Maybe lack of fire resist gear? ive only got the defaul 130 aura resist.

his explosions that shoot you into the air are hurting me too much.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Leuthas » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:36 pm

masterpoobaa wrote:Having some problem with geddon.

If you kite Geddon (taunt and run) to the very edge of the tunnel near Garr's room, there's a small 'hill' on the left wall you can stand on. You'll take no fall damage. Kinda hard to find at first, just look around before you pull. No resist gear necessary.
Why can't a Warrior Thunderclap while silenced?

You're actually clapping your thighs together with a force so powerful that you generate a sonic boom and the resulting electrostatic energy. Unfortunately, when you're silenced, you can't generate the audible force from your thunder thighs.

Leuthas
Maintankadonor

Postby vertinog » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:18 am

Anyone have any good strategies for the core hound packs? I did a global search here but didn't find anything. I was having issues getting them all down at the same time. I would get all but one and just when I was about to finish the last one a few others would pop up. Is the strat really just cons and holy shield with no attacks?
vertinog

Postby lythac » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:42 am

Most important thing for corehound packs is pressing v so their healthbars are up (which may sound silly but thats the main thing to it). Once all 5 are down you don't need to do any damage to keep them dead.

You should be able to use all your abilities, important thing to do is to alternate HotR on the left and right hand mob. Spread melee attacks (with SoR), judgements and ShoRs on those mobs with the most health.

Once all the mobs are down to 10kish then its safer to get most of the way with cons and spreading melee, then once on 2-3k, HotR on the left hand add and AS on the right hand add.

Thats how I do it anyway.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Arcand » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:10 am

Leuthas wrote:
masterpoobaa wrote:Having some problem with geddon.

If you kite Geddon (taunt and run) to the very edge of the tunnel near Garr's room, there's a small 'hill' on the left wall you can stand on. You'll take no fall damage. Kinda hard to find at first, just look around before you pull. No resist gear necessary.

I think this might be the same spot I found this morning. If you start in Geddon's room, pull him and run back toward Garr, you go into the S-shaped tunnel, it bends left, and just before it bends back to the right there's a section on the right wall where the ceiling's low and the floor slopes up. Each explosion drops you at the bottom of the slope so you have to back up ten feet to get to the top, but if you do the fall damage is slight. My biggest problem was low mana throttling my damage.
Arcand

Postby Leuthas » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:32 pm

If you leave all of Garr's trash up, you can run into the tunnel (keep the hound and rock guy alove that attack in the tunnel), taunt Geddon then run to that spot... the adds will give you mana. Once they die, pull some hounds/rocks from Garr's room.
Why can't a Warrior Thunderclap while silenced?

You're actually clapping your thighs together with a force so powerful that you generate a sonic boom and the resulting electrostatic energy. Unfortunately, when you're silenced, you can't generate the audible force from your thunder thighs.

Leuthas
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to General Strats