Remove Advertisements

Ulduar - Defiance: Now with full length 30 minute download.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Ulduar - Defiance: Now with full length 30 minute download.

Postby Amshel » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:39 pm

I was a little upset at how trivialized Vezax was, walking to him seemed more epic.
Amshel

Postby Invisusira » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:14 pm

Unfortunately, there's not much to his fight. I probably could have made it a LITTLE longer, but there really isn't a whole lot more to put in.

Exo, I actually JUST uploaded a couple tracks from Yogg and Algalon. Go see if what you want is there. I'm also compiling a "full score" version that has all the songs together, the way I edited them for the movie in one big MP3 like I did for ZA: Defiance as we speak.
Invisusira

Postby Auroris » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:47 pm

Invisusira wrote:Unfortunately, there's not much to his fight. I probably could have made it a LITTLE longer, but there really isn't a whole lot more to put in.

Exo, I actually JUST uploaded a couple tracks from Yogg and Algalon. Go see if what you want is there. I'm also compiling a "full score" version that has all the songs together, the way I edited them for the movie in one big MP3 like I did for ZA: Defiance as we speak.

And btw, I still have the ZA: Defiance score on my Zune. ;3 So tis why I remembered about the score! And I shall check! *ventureslarp*
"Someday the Glory will Fade and only Memories will remain."
Auroris

Postby Invisusira » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:14 pm

...or at least I WAS, until Amadeus crashed without me saving anything. I was on ALGALON, too (and that's starting from the very beginning of part 1). Oh well, I'll do it after raid (or tomorrow).
Invisusira

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:16 pm

Part 3 lacked the vibrancy of 1 and 2. I have only watched it once, but will take another look or three when I get a chance -- haven't time now to watch the consolidated video -- starting pt3 cold was a bit abrupt -- I imagine the consolidated video is much more effective.

p.s. you misspelled "Adobe" :]

Solid music choices. Maybe a few too many wide angle shots? -- that literal distance may have contributed to the feeling of figurative 'remoteness' in this part.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:19 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:p.s. you misspelled "Adobe" :]

And exclusively.

But I did very much like it all, I will watch again tonight as I decided to push my luck with time on my way to work.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:46 pm

Amirya wrote:

And exclusively.

Damn it, I thought for sure I spelled that right. WTB spell-checker in After Effects.
Invisusira

Postby Amshel » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:01 pm

Invisusira wrote:Unfortunately, there's not much to his fight. I probably could have made it a LITTLE longer, but there really isn't a whole lot more to put in.

Maybe it was the difference in strats.

I had to kite him, and every 30k to the back made me cry like a little girl.
Amshel

Postby Amirya » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:23 pm

Invisusira wrote:
Amirya wrote:

And exclusively.

Damn it, I thought for sure I spelled that right. WTB spell-checker in After Effects.

Exculsively!
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:26 pm

Amshel wrote:

Maybe it was the difference in strats.

I had to kite him, and every 30k to the back made me cry like a little girl.

I had some footage of me kiting him, but it wasn't very goo... wait... to.... your back?

Uhhhhhh

Kiting 101: Never turn your back to a boss. Use your strafe keys - Q and E by default. If you do not have strafe keys, you need to change your playstyle to include them. Strafing lets you run at full speed while still technically "facing" the boss, so you still dodge, block, parry, and can do things like throw your shield and judgements at him.

On General (or other kiting boss fights), don't actually face the boss. Position yourself at the maximum possible angle you can and then when it's time to run, just strafe.
Invisusira

Postby Amshel » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:07 pm

That's definitely what I should have done, I was overly nervous and didn't think of it.
Amshel

Postby Aubade » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:51 am

I actually had a chill go down my spine when yogg Came into P2.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Rainge » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:58 am

Amazing editing. The whole thing together makes Ulduar feel truly epic, even to someone like me that has done it to the point of being sick of it.

Bravo. Will the side-story with the woman be a part of the big project you're working on next?
Rainge

Postby Auroris » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:11 am

Thanks Invis for the full score. ^^ I just watched Sunshine this morning which had What do you see? And The Surface of the Sun. ;D It's a great movie.
"Someday the Glory will Fade and only Memories will remain."
Auroris

Postby Sanctity » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:44 am

I love it. The presentation is truely fantastic and I look forward to the score MP3 download.

Huge file is huge but i'll be worth it. the sound bytes for algalon always gave me a kick but with the sunshine music in the background I was blown away. Thanks for making my day. I hope that (in spite of what you said) there will eventually be an Icecrown movie, if not any time soon just capture some footage and store it. From the way Icecrown is shaping up I'd be sad to think there wouldn't EVER be a Defiance movie.

Also:
Sabindeus wrote:
Invisusira wrote:My next massive project will be something that will completely change the way you look at fan-made videos.

Gasp!

QFT, I look forward to great things.

Also also (i'm doing well today aren't I?):
fafhrd wrote:the music was great, but the voices were overused - on a lot of the fights it just seems like you're going through all their audio emotes one by one. Maybe it's because you want to get through them all and have to manage somehow with limited time available for each boss, but it sounds kinda forced.

NOES! don't ever change, the voice clips are my absolute favourite parts. Perhaps on some bosses they could use some spreading out as someone else suggested but I love how you used all the voices. Also the lack of weapons sounds is good.
I think the trick's that you made someone proud.
Sanctity

PreviousNext

Return to General