Remove Advertisements

looking for a consolidated list of differences.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

looking for a consolidated list of differences.

Postby daemonym » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:26 pm

So been doing ToC 10 reg lately (which is disappointingly easy), so i was wondering what the key differences were between 10 -> 25 versions and 10 reg -> 10 heroic. since i'll likely have to join a pug for the 25 versions i don't want to go in blind as i doubt it would be as easy as facerolling 10s regular mode. obviously things will hit harder, some much harder, but does the extra damage change any of the traditional strats? and of course new abilities or timers etc are obviously of note.

i'm less interested in a strat guide for the harder versions (as there's several around) but more along the lines of "in 10 normal, this boss will enrage in X minutes. in 10 heroic, they will enrage in Y minutes." just simple things of that nature. any help is appreciated.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Re: looking for a consolidated list of differences.

Postby Fridmarr » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:39 am

There's not much of a difference really. Obviously stuff does hit harder and has more HP and stuff, but in relative terms it's fairly equal. I don't think you'll be forced to change strats, unless you were using some brute force stuff in the 10 man.

Northrend Beasts is mechanically the same
Jaraxxus spawns more volcanos
Faction Champs has more champs, but honestly it's an easier fight on 25 man
Twins are the same
Anub spawns 2 sets of 2 adds instead of 2 sets of 1 during the above ground phases.

As far as Heroic, I believe the mechanics changes are the same for 10/25.

Heroic beasts, Gormok hits really really hard. Enrage timer is much tighter. Worms and Icehowl spawn after a fixed interval even if you haven't killed the previous phase's mob(s). You don't get a speed buff for Icehowl's charge.

Heroic Jaraxxus, the portals and volcanos themselves need to be killed or they keep spawning adds

Heroic Faction Champions are no longer tauntable

Heroic Twins are basically the same, but orbs are a real threat, and the shields have more HP making it more of a challenge. They do have a new single target debuff that causes AoE dmg by the person that is debuffed until he swaps his color.

Heroic Anub I'm not personally familiar with.

Normal 25 man is not likely to challenge you much, you'll want to hit up heroic modes if a challenge is what you are after.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Joanadark » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:46 am

They do have a new single target debuff that causes AoE dmg by the person that is debuffed until he swaps his color.

Touch of Light/Darkness. It actually doesnt cause AOE damage, it only damages you. Switching colors clears it.

Heroic Anub-
Adds cast an ability called Shadow Strike, which is basically shadowstep that hits for shadow damage. It's cast speed is affected by their stacking proximity haste buff.
You only get 6 frost orbs to use for the entire fight.
Leeching Swarm drains for more and heals the boss for more.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Kishandra » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:50 pm

Differences between 10 & 25 -
All mobs have roughly 4-5x more hp and hit 25% harder.

Beasts: Gormok's impale lasts for 40 seconds instead of 30.
Jaraxxus: Nothing other than bigger numbers.
Faction Champions: you get 10 mobs instead of 6.
Twin Valkyr: Nothing other than bigger numbers
Anub'arak: more hp/damage, two adds spawn from the four possible locations randomly instead of 2. Otherwise, everything else is the same (permafrost even ticks for the same amount.)

Differences between 10 & 10heroic-
All mobs have roughly 30% more hp and hit 30% harder.

Beasts: There is a strict time limit - about 2:30 after fight begins, the worms will come in regardless of whether you have Gormok down or not, around 5:45, Icehowl comes in regardless of the status on worms, and Icehowl enrages at 9:00ish. You also do not get a speedup after Icehowl crashes you into the wall.

Jaraxxus: Nether portals & Volcanoes are npcs that need to be dpsed down asap or else they spawn more than just the usual 1 mistress/3 infernals. If you're fast enough, you can cut down to 2 infernals per spawn. The Mistress casts a kiss ability that's a debuff and counterspells the next spell someone cast. Infernals are non-stunnable now.

Faction Champions: Immune to taunt effects now, and each mob has its own personal pvp trinket that they can use on cooldown.

Twin Valkyr: Shield damage absorb is increased to ~300k, they cast an additional debuff (Touch of Light/Dark) that's just a dot which you can clear by switching colors. Orbs do a lot more damage now.

Anub'arak: Limited to 6 frost spheres. 2 burrowers come instead of 1. Burrowers cast shadowstrike, an 8 second cast (modified by their frenzy ability) that will 1-shot a random raid member unless interrupted. Scarabs in phase2 are untauntable now. Burrowers continue to spawn in phase 3. And finally, leeching swarm deals 20% of your current hp in damage, instead of 10% in normal. Penetrating cold is up to 6k damage/tick instead of 3500.
Kishandra

Postby Baelik » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:37 am

I refer to this nice post in wowhead for differences between Normal and Regular versions. Its not perfect but it provided a good start for me.

But its the same as what the knowledgeable folks on maintankadin have posted above, just in pretty formatting.
Baelik

Postby daemonym » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:00 pm

thank you all very much for the help! i was able to walk into toc 25 tonight with little issues on my part. i just didn't realize with that many people (and hence aoe effects) that i wouldnt be able to see the flames on LJ at all so i needed to be told when to move him. other than that went well.

now i have a question about NR beats on heroic. what is the set 'spawn intervals' is it like 3 minutes or something? and assuming you don't kill gormok before the worms come, is that basically a wipe or is there something you can do?
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby hoho » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:27 am

Depends on how fast impaler dies after worms come. If it's 5-ish seconds it's probably no problem, if it's more then there is a very high chance of tank death due to impaler+worm damage or dps death thanks to agro pull/worm aoe.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Vandril » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:47 am

Kishandra wrote:Beasts: There is a strict time limit - about 2:30 after fight begins, the worms will come in regardless of whether you have Gormok down or not, around 5:45, Icehowl comes in regardless of the status on worms, and Icehowl enrages at 9:00ish. You also do not get a speedup after Icehowl crashes you into the wall.

Also if Icehowl kills someone with charge, the frenzy/enrage/whatever can not be tranqued. Last ID Icehowl killed two of our players in ToC10 (thanks to laggy servers), luckily our tanks survived both Frenzys and wie could finish with 50 tries left.
Vandril
Maintankadonor

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon