Remove Advertisements

TotC - How hard relative to Ulduar Bosses etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

TotC - How hard relative to Ulduar Bosses etc

Postby ginga-uk » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:22 am

Background:
I'm in a mostly casual guild that almost exclusively does 10 mans. (On some rare occasions we've had 18+ and decided to go 25 man naxx).

This is me... Looks like I logged out in what I have for a block set.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... gg&n=ginga

I am probably one of the better geared in my guild. In terms of progress we've done:
Naxx(10) clear
Naxx(25) done all wings I think, but not on the same night as we don't usually have enough people for long enough.
Ulduar(10) - FL, Razor, Ignis, XT, Kolo, Coucil, Auryia (sp) - all farm. Hodir down. FL+2 down
EoE - down (don't really go here at all)
OS+1 - down (usually pugged so not really raided as a guild very often)
Onyxia - down (first visit. second attempt after someone went to check out where the whelps hang out on the first attempt)

So nothing earth shattering...However we continue to make steady progress. We raid twice a week, and usually not the same group for each of those runs. We try to mix in some content to encourage newer people to gear up and raid with us, and to learn what raiding is about. So one of those runs might be naxx, the other probably Ulduar.

Question is. How difficult are the bosses in Totc(10) compared to the content we are already doing? Please bear in mind the context of a) the gear we're in and b) the relative level of (in)experience that most of us have.

Thanks for your comments and time.

Ginga
Last edited by ginga-uk on Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
ginga-uk

Re: ToC - How hard relative to Ulduar Bosses etc

Postby hoho » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:25 am

Totc10 non-heroic is quite easy, definitely easier than U10 hardmodes. If you can kill Impaler you can clear up to Anub quite easily.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Re: TotC - How hard relative to Ulduar Bosses etc

Postby Epimer » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:08 am

There are quite a few casual guilds on our server who are 12/14 Ulduar10 and 5/5 TotC10. We cleared TotC on our 3rd week in as a casual guild (Faction Champions was the roadblock, but since the nerf they're much simpler), with only 2 Vexax kills under our belt and a night of wipes on Yogg. It feels mechanically "simpler" than Ulduar although I'm not sure I could justify that with a side-by-side comparison of what's involved in each fight...basically, if you can get through Beasts, you're good to go.
Epimer

Postby ginga-uk » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:29 am

To close this out if anyone else is in the same position.

Last night we went in there with something near out best team:

Northrend Beasts: One shot
Lord Jaxxerus: One shot
Faction Champions: Third time lucky
Twins: Third time lucky
Anub'arak: One shot.

In my opinio the place is probably easier than some of the Ulduar stuff. And we've not even attempted 4? 5? of the Ulduar bosses, let alone hard modes (Other than FL)
ginga-uk

Postby Synagain » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:02 pm

Grats on your kills, yes totc is fairly easy.. especially if its a group of people who normally raid together and can use a little bit of team work. GJ!
Tichondrius Elite
Synagain - 80 DK Unholy/Blood Tank
Synergist - Rogue
Synagain

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon