Remove Advertisements

Tanked Heroic BF...

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Tanked Heroic BF...

Postby blessyou » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:28 am

So, I've used this forum as a basis for gearing myself for Heroics. At the moment, I'm sitting at 11k+ unbuffed and 505 defense. However, last night in Heroic BF I was getting my ass handed to me. Mobs were hitting me for 4k+. Group consisted of me, Ret Pally, Mage, Warlock, Resto Shaman (luckily overgeared +1800-ish healing).

I kept getting comments from the Shaman about how hard I was to heal and "are you sure they're not critting you??"

Is Heroic BF one of the harder heroics? I tanked Heroic SP/UB with no problems and with a lesser geared Priest.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Duskwood&n=Blessyou
blessyou

Postby Swagger » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:07 am

if you mean the felguard-like demons in the second half of the instance, yeah those things hit very hard. If you get unlucky and your healer is just a second late you can go down.
Swagger

Postby Rehlachs- » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:17 am

Yeah, the Felguards hit pretty hard. Be sure to pull them aslong they are not enraged.
There are some guys right at the beginning - 2 of these guys and a single imp per pack. Those mobs got something like Windfury.
Rehlachs-

Postby Tekkel » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:01 am

Aye several mobs there hit quite hard. Only tanked it once but healed it a few times as well. My healing gear had around 2000+ when I respecced and even then holding up a druid with 18k wasn't the easiest all the time on some of the trashpacks. But I think that was before they nerfed it :)

Tanked it a week ago and except for the last packs with felguards I had no real issues.
Tekkel

Postby Zahir » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:18 am

yea the orange felguards at the end hit for so much...if you can't CC the other it's pretty much GG. They are stunnable so if you are close to death HoJ so your healer can top you off.

I didn't really have any problems with heroic BF, the only trouble we came across was the lever room, but the boss went down easy, it's the adds that sucked :(

Did it with a mage, lock, rogue, holy paladin, and myself tanking. Last boss was a joke
Zahir

Postby Zappbranigan » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:06 pm

I tanked BF last night; my first ever time tanking a Heroic. It was rough and my healer wasn't all that well geared, but we managed to clear it before my gear went entirely red. (but just barely!) Those felguards and the mobs at the beginning DO hit like trucks. If your healer is a priest, make sure he frontloads a ton of healing on you as soon as you pull them.
Zappbranigan

Postby fudomyou » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:25 pm

Hammer of Justice is your friend when you're feeling like you're taking too much damage. That 6 seconds should be enough for the DPS and healing to catch up while you keep your threat up.

Blood Furnace is especially rough because of all the shield slams and concussion blows and silences thrown out by the orcs, so make sure you stay on your toes and at the first sign of trouble, bring down the hammer.
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Zahir » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:23 pm

fudomyou wrote:Hammer of Justice is your friend when you're feeling like you're taking too much damage. That 6 seconds should be enough for the DPS and healing to catch up while you keep your threat up.

Blood Furnace is especially rough because of all the shield slams and concussion blows and silences thrown out by the orcs, so make sure you stay on your toes and at the first sign of trouble, bring down the hammer.

QFT
Zahir

re:

Postby thangos » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:39 am

make sure you have a warlock on this dungeon for banish.... and like the pre poster said stun is your friend.

one other thing is to make sure that you are not pulling them while they have the buff on them. If you watch them their warlock handler with them will buff them. so be sure NOT to pull while they are buffed or they will wipe your ass on the floor.
thangos

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics