Remove Advertisements

Strategy Highlights

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Strategy Highlights

Postby Boèndal » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:00 pm

Don't know if this has been mentioned before: another tipp for Icehowl.
If the stun of the breath is removed from its main target the whole breath ends immediately. Human racial, mage blink and the Divine Purpose Ret Talent even works on other people. Our Ret was specced into it today removing every breath with a makro (some kind of /assist /cast Hand of Freedom).

Same thing works at the giants at Hodir trash.
Boèndal

Postby guillex » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:52 am

This is looking good, thank you for the quick guide.

I'm going to make it a sticky for the time being. I'll be going through the posts for the entire strategy forums very soon, and making a sticky that will guide people to posts relevant to different encounters.

I missed you guys! :D
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby abinning » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:23 am

Woot! I have attained Stickyhood!
Thanks.

Now I need to see if I can improve it a little.
abinning

Postby Worldie » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:00 am

There's a bit of incorrect stuff indeed.

Have a look on the appropriate topics to fix it :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby abinning » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:38 am

I finally cleaned it up a bit. Maybe I should bullet out a hard mode list...
abinning

Postby Worldie » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:47 am

You could correct that Anub Arak has no frontal cone attack.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby abinning » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:05 pm

Thanks for that Worldie, I forgot to take that out.
abinning

Postby Kishandra » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:44 am

Here's some fixes to the OP if you would like to update it.

Northrend Beasts -
Gormok isn't disarmable on heroic.
The mobile worm always debuffs its tank. The stationary worm randomly debuffs a player and everyone within 10 yards. Starting out, Dreadscale is mobile and anyone affected by paralyzing toxin needs to run to the Dreadscale (mobile) tank. After a burrow, Acidmaw is mobile and Dreadscale randomly debuffs a raid member(s) with burning bile who has to run towards the Acidmaw (mobile) tank to remove the tank's debuff. Key idea: when debuffed, always run towards the mobile tank, period.
Anything that gets out of stuns works to stop the breath. PvP trinket, every man for himself, pre-emptive IBF, divine shield, etc. etc.
There is no speedup in heroic as well.

Lord Jaraxxus -
No imps come out of legion flame.
Portals and volcanos don't do enough damage to be even considered, if they do any damage at all.
Portals and volcanos are npcs and have hp in heroic, must be dpsed down before more than the usual amount of adds spawn.
Stun/interrupt the infernos in normal mode if they start hellfiring near you.

Faction champs -
Worldie has a far more in-depth writeup.

Twin Valkyr -
Tank location is irrelevant.
For 10N, 10H, and 25N, the most efficient strategy is to simply have everyone pick a single color and dps the opposite colored mob while single tanking the twins. In 25H, and possibly 10H, you may wish to split up the dps into two camps of roughly equal dps, and furthermore have players of the opposite polarity on orb catching duty.

Anub'arak -
Phase 1 lasts 90, you will have [1 in 10N, 2 in 10H and 25N, and 4 in 25H] adds spawn randomly from 4 set spots near the entrance of the room roughly every minute. Burn first set of adds, mostly ignore the second set if you are going to enter a burrow phase.
Limited to 6 permafrosts in both 10H and 25H, unlimited (they respawn) in normal modes.
Use as many permafrosts as you'd like in normals, and 10H if only going through one burrow. Otherwise, you may only use 2 permafrosts per burrow phase in heroic, mostly by hand of protection abuse.
Burrow phase ends on a 1 min timer, not when 5 permafrosts have been destroyed.
Kill the scarabs before they enrage, but anesthetic poison/tranq shot both work as well.
Leeching swarm takes 10% of current hp (normal) or 20% or current hp (heroic)
Burrowers continue to spawn in heroic modes, stop spawning in normal.
Kishandra

Postby Worldie » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:14 pm

Twin valkyrs are a bit different.
You pretty much have to have all the raid except few selected ball-catchers of one colour in 25 hc, and tank the 2 valkyrs close to the opposite color portal for quick switching. The shield is what, 1.2kk damage done, pretty much impossible to do without about all raid of that colour.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby abinning » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:22 am

No time to day, but I'll update it when I get back next week.
abinning

Postby Angelarc6570 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:36 pm

Odd little tid-bit for Lord J (H), But something I have found works as a fail healer, and trust me, I am VERY fail at healing :D

The Maidens Kiss interupt can actually be "dodged" if you will. If you start casting, but stop fairly promptly after, the damage will go off, but you will not be interupted. I dont know if it is a bug or not, or something that just basically cant be helped, but I was able to continue casting directly afterwards. Think of it as cast-jukeing a rogue with a kick that does damage. Works on both my pally and shaman :D
"Half my friendslist is made up of people I need to remember to hate"

Tier List! Supports!!

http://www.omgyumyum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=686

SC2/LoL
Angelarc6570

Postby amh » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:36 am

Worldie wrote:(...) The shield is what, 1.2kk damage done, pretty much impossible to do without about all raid of that colour.

We split the raid about 50/50 from the start, with no-one swapping color to burn down shields. Actually our ranged might swap.. I think. I guess that's 75% of our dps swapping, then.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Joanadark » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:04 am

Our melee are light attuned, ranged are dark attuned. No one swaps colors for shields. never had a problem breaking shields since day 1.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby fafhrd » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:44 am

And just for the record, you can break the shield with the entire raid being the wrong color too if everyone saves cooldowns for it and has the mob pre-targetted and debuffed before the shield is cast - it's risky but more than doable with current gear.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Donahu » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:12 am

What is this Curse of the Nether that is listed under Lord Jaraxxus? I don't see anything about it in the heroic discussions nor any mention of it around here. Sorry if it is something blatantly obvious, no other wow websites at work except this one and curious if I am missing something that needs to be decursed in this fight?
Donahu

PreviousNext

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon