Question about soloing MGT HC

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Question about soloing MGT HC

Postby gherard » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:34 am

Hey everybody,

I am loving spending some time soloing the old content atm.

I'm farming quick runs in stratholm for mount (done about 50 i guess)
I will start soon to try Attumen and ZGurub.

Yesterday I went for a first trial on MGT HC.
First boss one shotted, really easy didn't used any CD
Vexallus a little bit tougher, I died once cause I didnt know ho to behave with the energy globes, but next try I did it without problems.

Then I was running out of time, I tried to pick the first trash pack on Delrissa courtyard but i died.

Do you think is better to switch to full retri for the trash? they make tons of damage (all magic or almost..)

suggestions?

thanks a lot!

Gherard
gherard

Re: Question about soloing MGT HC

Postby Belloc » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:46 am

Ret kills the trash faster, but takes a lot more damage and is higher risk. Prot is slower, but more reliable.

Your best bet? Skip it. I assume you are referring to the trash immediately after the hallway robots. Trash pack to left, middle, right, and back left. Wait for the pat to move away and then run in between the left and middle trash (there is plenty of room). There will be a big tree with the back left trash pack nearby. Go behind the tree. There will be a hedge, and this point is critical. Jump on the hedge and run straight. If you don't run the right way, you'll get slowed by the wall and aggro the trash. So, run and immediately strafe to the left.

You may fall of the hedge, I can't remember without doing it myself. Either way, you jump on the hedge, run, and then get the hell to the left before they aggro. Bam, trash skipped. Now you just skip the big robot and you're clear to pull the third boss.
Belloc

Postby gherard » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:45 am

I'll try tonight!!
thanks a lot mate
gherard

Postby Belloc » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:21 am

No problem. By the way, if you can't find the spot or figure out the movement, let me know. I just got fraps, so I'll have no problem running in and recording the maneuver to help out, if needed.
Belloc

Postby gherard » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:39 am

Belloc wrote:No problem. By the way, if you can't find the spot or figure out the movement, let me know. I just got fraps, so I'll have no problem running in and recording the maneuver to help out, if needed.

Tried yesterday but very quicky, died at vexallus and left.
I'll tell you when I'll be able to set up a decent try :)
gherard

Postby gherard » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:50 am

Done!!!!!!

thanks a lot was really easy your way!

didnt dropped anything good, but I did it!

Is there any way to complete the instance solo?
gherard

Postby maxily » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:22 am

I actually do the entire instance as retribution. On the second boss I kite him a bit but it's pretty easy to kill him. And on Kel I just nuke him with some self healing. I've never tried him as Protection but the main problems I see would be his pyroblast which can be bubbled and the healing required in the air phase, although SS should coffer for most of that damage.
maxily

Postby gherard » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:56 am

maxily wrote:

I actually do the entire instance as retribution. On the second boss I kite him a bit but it's pretty easy to kill him. And on Kel I just nuke him with some self healing. I've never tried him as Protection but the main problems I see would be his pyroblast which can be bubbled and the healing required in the air phase, although SS should coffer for most of that damage.

cool!
I'll try this tonight then
gherard

Postby Kelaan » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:39 pm

How do you guys handle Vexallus? When I try it as prot or as ret, the add globes nuke the heck out of me .... and there's a medium-grade arcane effect that seems to be constantly hammering at me, too. You mentioned kiting. Is it possible to kite the boss from his adds, or the adds from the boss? Seal of Command didn't seem to cleave to the adds, and Divine Storm didn't seem to hit them either.

... I'm going to go search the old l70 forum for this fight, too.
Kelaan

Postby Belloc » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:02 pm

I do Velaxxus as prot in prot gear. Use a basic rotation.

Once the two adds spawn, target one and use Hand of Reckoning to kill it. Target the other and use Hammer of the Righteous to kill it. Continue DPSing the boss.

Repeat that pattern for the next set of adds, and possibly the third.

If your health is starting to drop too much, bubble and heal. If your health isn't dropping too fast, but you're still worried, simply use Lay on Hands.

Once the boss hits a low percentage, he'll "enrage." Just burn through it with the stacks that you have accrued and he will die very quickly.

The key is to kill the adds immediately upon spawning and then return heavy DPS to the boss. The higher your health, the longer you can survive without cooldowns.
Belloc

Postby culhag » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:25 pm

I kill the first 2 or 3 pairs of orbs, then just burn the boss with my wings.
No heals needed. (YMMV depending on your gear)

And I really prefer to keep LoH for Kael.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Kuchikia » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:15 pm

I do the whole instance as prot to.

I'm sure you know by now, but it's worth saying, that you have to specifically target the orbs, as they take no damage from AOE. Once you get 3 or 4 debuffs on you you put out insane damage so i just ignore them after that and pop my wings as mentioned above and nuke him. LoH if you need to, but you might need it later on.

The group event I found easy enough, and as mentioned you don't need to do the trash. I think once, one of the mini-bosses pulled a group of trash, (the hunter i think, running away) but that was simply poor positioning on my part. I just focus Delrissa down. She heals, but eventually runs out of mana, and falls soon after. Then just gather up the rest, and aoe them down. The only problem I had with this boss is that she seems to not drop any loot half the time in heroic :(

I must admit I struggled on Kael'thas for an hour or so the first time I ran it, but the trick is to get him to the second phase (without a phoenix up) asap as he is rediculously easy after that.

I tend to bubble as he he is 50% through casting pyroblast, it hits for a helluva lot, 55k or something OP like that :? and you dont want to see another one :). It can be interupted with HoJ, if you can dps enough (10k in 4 seconds) to kill his mana-shield, but I found it impossible. Kill the Phoenix and its resulting egg close to Kael, so he is hit by your AoE. Try and stay out of his flame-strike if possible, without losing dps time. I always ran with fire-resist aura, because I'm paranoid really about the amount of fire being bandied about. I think I read somewhere his standard fireballs are not resistable, but I'm not sure about the phoenix and his hellfire. To be honest, KT hits like a girl with melee attacks, so dropping Devo isn't a biggy. Phase 2 starts at 50% so if he is near to that level of health when a Phoenix pops in to say hello, try and drag the phoenix away so Kael doesn't receive any damage, because phase 2 with a phoenix up is annoying as hell :P.

Phase 2 is simple, he sends you floating about the room, just avoid his bubbles, and use instant cast range attacks, AS, Judgements and HoW when it becomes available. If a gap in the bubbles opens up, dive in and dps a bit. When he " tires" of gravity lapse, he releases you for a few seconds, its a good idea to get under the shields that are to his 3 & 9 o'clock, as it reduces your fall damage significantly. Also stay away from the rafters behind him, he tends to bug if you land on one and he sometimes despawns :(

Anyways, got his chicken and phoenix pet within 12 runs :) Very good luck to you, mate.
Kuchikia

Postby Zobel » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:03 pm

Seal of Command cleaves seem to hit the adds on Vexallus (I'm seeing multiple hits). I don't bother targeting them individually.

With Kael, you have a choice between bubbling through the the pyroblast or, if you're already low on health/mana, letting ardent defender proc and doing lay of hands afterwards. Not sure what you'd do if you had to eat two. I do him with seal of command too, mostly for burst damage on the phoenixes/eggs but also so I can keep dpsing him while doing those.

Also seal of command on the pvp boss. Basically for the entire instance except maybe the first one. It seems to trivialize the place.
Zobel

Return to General Strats