Remove Advertisements

[ToC-25 normal] Gear Check

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[ToC-25 normal] Gear Check

Postby vegardhv » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:55 am

Tried searching for a thread about this but couldn't find it.

We normally just raid 10m, because of lack of properly geared people. I read some guys in here said 25m needed less gear than 10man hc (that it basically was a cakewalk). I was thinking about trying out 25m with our guild, but I'd expect some guys not even get past 3K dps. What kind of dps do you need to make it through this? An average of let's say 3,5K - would that do it? I think we got the tanks and healers covered, but I'm not sure we can pull 17-18 capable dps out of the hat.

Any advice would be appreciated.
vegardhv
Maintankadonor

Re: [ToC-25 normal] Gear Check

Postby Epimer » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:13 am

My guild primarily does 10 man raids too, and we tried ToC25 the other week. We're in almost exclusively 10 man gear, with a smattering of Uld25 drops in there, and here's the log for a couple of the kills that night: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/84rn ... 392&e=4850

Those fights were taking twice as long as our 10 man kills, and we were just at the edge of failing the dps check on Twins (getting through the shield in time); if dps were slow off the mark or died early to stupid things we wouldn't have the dps to get the interrupt off in time. That was probably due to lack of familiarity with the encounter as much as anything else, but it's a benchmark of sorts for where the cut-off is.
Epimer

Postby vegardhv » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:00 am

Thanks, that was very helpful. I think we might just be able to pull it through (well maybe have to drag in a handful good pug dps-ers because we're low on people/geared people).
vegardhv
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:14 am

Alternatively, have your raiders improve their play. A little bit of reading at elitistjerks and they'll be pumping out more than enough DPS, even with 10-man gear.
Belloc

Postby Epimer » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:27 am

My self-appointed job for this week is to go through our Ulduar25 parse, armoury each person on there and cross-check their spec against the recommended 3.2 spec on EJ, for exactly that reason.
Epimer

Postby Calleana » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:11 am

That sounds pretty thankless.

We are also trying a co-guild 25 man with two 10 man guilds, I think co-ordination will be more key than dps checks.
Calleana-Darkblade
Calleana
Maintankadonor

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon