Remove Advertisements

[h.10]Anub'arak

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [h.10]Anub'arak

Postby Threatco » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:53 am

Only 27k damage to you? I find that unrealistic but I could be wrong. Once you have a full 300% damage intake buff on. They hit fairly hard. I am in full 245 gear. It's not a gear issue. You do mean heroic right? I let them burie just during the final burn so my bubble D/sac can reduce the healing to anub, not so much because im hard to keep up.

"The ahh im gonna die" was a joke, i dont think i said that in vent.

Telling DPS what to do is more important in my guild, sadly. We are very much casuals, and the DPS tend to forget things. Fact is when i don't call to kill swarmers, they don't die because 1 or 2 dps will forget and just stand there watching anub's spikes. If you can trust your DPS more then me, that's great. But no need to say I'm wrong until you have seen my DPS in action.

The saronite thing was me having no ranged DPS i could trust to stay in range of the ore. I assigned someone before and they complained they were out of range when it needed to be popped. And melee cant leave the hit box. So I usualy ask any ranged dps that is in range of the ore to kill it. I have since found out that I need to assign multiple people to it.

In our strat we kill saronite on the edge of vezax's hit box so healers can regen mana without encountering the ranged mechanics.

Im curious, about that 27k. Do you mean only that much damage taken during the burn phase? because that would make sense. But if you only took that much the whole fight, you have got to tell me how.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Belloc » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:31 am

Remember that it's a 225% buff now, not a 300% buff.
Belloc

Postby kanst » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:32 am

I think there are many different ways a raid can work. Our guild we talk a lot, tanks are constantly talking to each other about who has pickups and whos abilites are on cooldown. I think the key is to just make sure only a few assigned people are talking. I know a lot of guilds would rather do raid instructions in /ra or /rw, but I personally dont ever read raid chat during a fight, and I know a lot of our players dont. And even if they would have done it anyway it doesnt hurt to say "switch to portal" or "dps dark", instructions just need to be short and to the point.
kanst

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:22 pm

kanst wrote:instructions just need to be short and to the point.

Heartily agree. Commentary and discussion about why a DPS died can wait until after the encounter is over. It irritates me greatly when a DPS dies then starts reading his combat log over vent while we are still killing the boss and the outcome is in doubt.

And yes, last night I took 27,701 damage from Nerubian Burrowers over the course of the entire fight in heroic 10 Anub.

Last week I took a total of 166,861, but looking at logs I was extremely sloppy and let HS drop (or DPS was sloppy and didn't kill adds before they ate through charges). I'm betting I was sloppy -- we did h10 after alt c25 and a normal c10. I wish I'd been cleaner so I could compare the effects of the change.

As far as how -- that's no secret: it's no different from gearsets intended to tank adds on heroic 25: BV/BR gear. I'm at around 3500 BV before buffs and procs when tanking adds. I'm not wearing all 245 ilvl gear in that set.

I don't have a full unhittable set yet -- there's 0 chance we're going to be looking at h.25 Anub any time soon -- but it's enough to do the job for what I'm currently doing.

Also, I apologize if I came across as "UR DOIN IT RONG." What you do obviously works for your raid. I just tend to think some people just really like reading DBM (or DVE, which is the new hotness) over vent, or cluttering vent with pointless orders because they feel they can exert their force of will over the encounter, when they're doing slightly more harm than good (not saying this is your case).

I prefer being minimalist because I expect people to do their jobs to the best of their ability -- that's why they were invited to the raid. I tend to think excessive coddling makes people lazy and dependent on the RL to call things on vent, instead of paying attention. (e.g., "I'll spam button and watch a movie and wait for the RL to say something on vent when I'm supposed to do something").

But anyway.

BV on add tanks for anub is stupidly OP.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Maat » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:01 pm

I think I took 2 unblocked/partial hits from burrowers for a total of 8500ish damage on our heroic kill, just using my heroics BV set. I run with something silly like 4.2k BV raid-buffed in my heroics set, but I don't believe more than 3.5k buffed or unhittable is necessary prioritizing HS, only tanking 2 at a time as a prot paladin.

I used a focus target to keep track of Shadow Strikes, but sometimes I would fumble my focus keybind in a panic to jack the other add. Next week I have a raid warning set up for Shadow Strike on ThisJustHappened so that I can just faceroll glyphed Holy Wrath, Torrent, or something :P Should make clutch-interrupting in P3 while I'm kiting less random.

I think the one thing that would have eased my pain the most is to have the taunt glyph; the 8% hit would never miss on the burrowers Occasionally adds would go for the blood tank on Anub, rendering RD a dangerous option if HoR missed or AS was on cooldown.

All in all, a brutal fight. P3 sucks so hard without proactive shielding, not every guild has a Valanyr.
Maat

Postby Arianne » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:36 am

If you turn on health bars and you have the right interface options on, it'll show shadow strike when they're casting it. I just spam HW when I see that cast bar (not the submerge cast bar).

So we're two healing with a disc priest and a holy priest. I'm wearing a block value set that's almost unhittable, so I don't take too much damage, but we seem to always lose people really fast in phase 3. Any tips?

We were doing the kite south, bop, run him into the ice on the north side strat, but without a ret or holy paladin, that strat leaves you with too few patches down. I guess we're going to go to a burn him in one burrow so that we can use 5 patches strat instead. Any tips on that too?
Arianne

Postby Meloree » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:18 am

We use 3 patches in the burrow phase. The first patch goes down near the north wall where Anub starts (and where we tank him initially). The other two go down near the south wall. Typically one of the healers gets them down for us. Kite plan is: first person runs south to patch of choice. Second person runs north to only patch in north end. Third person runs south to patch of choice. Anub emerges.

This plan involves no games, no fancy kiting, no BoPs. Nobody has to do anything clever, and there's no risk. If you want to use just one BoP, you can easily use only 2 patches with that method by, again, not doing anything fancy, just have the third person kite as much as he/she can, and BoP just before he/she is caught. It should be with less than 10s left on the burrow timer.

--
Meloree, <Edge>, Garona
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Threatco » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:12 am

I "think" you need to get him to 30% with only 1 burrow phase.

We have managed to do it with 2 before with a very complicated burrow phase strategy but you probly don't have enough dps to burn through p3.

I wasnt using BV set, I had mabey 2200 in my normal set. I will definatly switch my set next time.
Last edited by Threatco on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Threatco

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:26 am

5k is overkill; you just need 3200+libram.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Threatco » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:04 am

That's all they hit for?
Threatco

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:45 am

Threatco wrote:That's all they hit for?

Before the damage buff, yes. BV is applied before the stacking damage multiplier. They generally melee for about 3800. If you block 2k, you'll still take 1800 * X damage, depending on how many stacks they have. If you block all of it, you'll take 0 damage, no matter how many stacks they have.

There's some discussion on this in the h25 Anub thread, and it's pretty much what every guild that has cleared h.togc has done.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Threatco » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:34 pm

Oh wow that is pretty amazing.

I once put my DK tank on them, and they tore him a new ass hole. He is less geared then me but I did not expect him to take that much damage. This explains it a bit then i gusse lol :lol:
Threatco

Postby Xequecal » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:12 pm

Remember that all the adds have an aura that hastes every other add near them. When it's just two it's not a problem, but at the end of P3 when you have four adds they will burn through Holy Shield charges in 2-3 seconds. The only way to deal with this is to be passively unhittable or get a LOT of healing.

I've found the best way to handle adds in P3 is to drag them off the ice when Anub is at around 33-35%. That way they will burrow soon after P3 starts, and you can also tank the two adds you get in P3 off ice so they also burrow. That 30 seconds is really all you need to get him dead.
Xequecal

Postby Anorian » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:04 am

with the nerf to imp FoK, getting 4 adds in p3 is very dangerous.

Our last kill (which got us insanity) we swapped to burning even the adds that spawn when you get him to 30% meaning you lose some dps on the dps then. This greatly reduces the chance of getting people gibbed since you have a maximum of 2 adds at any time and as pala tank you should be able to interrupt them alone.
Anorian

Postby Belloc » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:42 am

Xequecal wrote:Remember that all the adds have an aura that hastes every other add near them. When it's just two it's not a problem, but at the end of P3 when you have four adds they will burn through Holy Shield charges in 2-3 seconds. The only way to deal with this is to be passively unhittable or get a LOT of healing.

I've found the best way to handle adds in P3 is to drag them off the ice when Anub is at around 33-35%. That way they will burrow soon after P3 starts, and you can also tank the two adds you get in P3 off ice so they also burrow. That 30 seconds is really all you need to get him dead.

If you have a lot of incidental AOE damage classes (warriors, paladins, even rogues), the first two adds you have in phase 3 may still be able to die before the next two come out.
Belloc

PreviousNext

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon