Remove Advertisements

Addon to identify who is not targetting a mob?

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Addon to identify who is not targetting a mob?

Postby judgeender » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:48 am

I'm trying to find an addon that can help me identify when people are not targetting the proper mob. In x-perl I can have a box open that will show me every person assisting me when I am targetting something, but there does not appear to be a way to switch it to show people in the raid who are not targetting the mob. While it's possible to figure out who is missing, doing so mid-fight is not ideal. As a result, I'm trying to find an addon that will display a window that shows everyone in the raid who is currently not targetting my target. Even better would be if the mod could (1) be told to ignore certain people in the display (healers and other tanks) or (2) print to raid chat (or another channel) a list of the people not targetting similar to failbot (though this would really need to be only upon pushing a button, using a macro or command to prevent spamming unneeded information everytime someone changes targets).

Does anyone know of an addon that can do any of this? Thanks for the help.
judgeender

Re: Addon to identify who is not targetting a mob?

Postby thando36 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:20 pm

short of tab target with xperl i know of none.

but one thing that may help (this is after the fact though)

Via recount - damage taken, once you enable the recording and display of non-trival and boss mobs, you can get a detailed list of who did what damage to any givin target.

i have a screen shot i gave to a guildy who wanted to know how to set that up, i can post it if needed. (not at home atm so i dont have the link)

under config, on the left side. there are four rows of options (all from memory, but it should be right)

trival [ ][ ][ ][ ]
non-trival [ ][ ][ ][ ]
boss [ ][ ][ ][ ]
unknown [ ][ ][ ][ ]

then there are four sets of check box's after each

it needs to look like this

trival [ ][X][ ][ ]
non-trival [X][X][ ][ ]
boss [X][X][ ][ ]
unknown [ ][X][ ][ ]

you can turn either of depending (it is fun showing the boss kicking your highests dps's by a lot though :P)

I use it to see why adds are not dieing fast enough (look through and see 5 out of 10 ranged dealing a decent amount of dmg to whatever target) allowing you to proceded with corective action
thando36

Postby judgeender » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:00 pm

Done the recount route, but as you noted, that is more after the fact. I'm just hoping there is an addon that can display it during a fight so that it is easier to see if people are slow switching.
judgeender

Postby Marsha » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:13 am

I just use Tiptac and mouseover a mob to see who is hitting it.
Marsha

Postby Racerover » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:24 am

Marsha wrote:I just use Tiptac and mouseover a mob to see who is hitting it.

This works quite well actually.
Racerover

Postby judgeender » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:45 pm

But can Tiptac show me who is not targeting the mob? I can already see who is, I am hoping to find an addon that converts that to show who is not rather than trying to figure out who is missing during a fight.
judgeender

Postby Jonesy » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:02 pm

In a party:

/script t=UnitGUID('playertarget');for i=1,GetNumPartyMembers() do p='party'..i..'target';g=UnitGUID(p);if g ~= t then print(UnitName('party'..i)); end; end

In a raid:

/script t=UnitGUID('playertarget');for i=1,GetNumRaidMembers() do p='raid'..i..'target';g=UnitGUID(p);if g ~= t then print(UnitName('raid'..i)); end; end
Jonesy

Postby _Chloe » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:16 am

Jonesy wrote:In a party:

/script t=UnitGUID('playertarget');for i=1,GetNumPartyMembers() do p='party'..i..'target';g=UnitGUID(p);if g ~= t then print(UnitName('party'..i)); end; end

In a raid:

/script t=UnitGUID('playertarget');for i=1,GetNumRaidMembers() do p='raid'..i..'target';g=UnitGUID(p);if g ~= t then print(UnitName('raid'..i)); end; end

Simple, yet effective. Also tagging for later use if you don't mind.
_Chloe

Postby judgeender » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:08 pm

Jonesy wrote:In a party:

In a raid:

Thank you very much. Simple and effective.
Is there a way to modify it to print to raid chat (or another channel) so everyone can see?
judgeender

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros