Remove Advertisements

[Faction Champions] A guide to this encounter

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [Faction Champions] A guide to this encounter

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:42 pm

We one-shotted 'em last night. Then again, they got nerfed. They also had no lock and no warrior so that helped a lot as well.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Meloree » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:56 pm

We use the following kill order for Both 10/25, normal and heroic:

Resto Shaman > Enh Shaman > Hunter > Holy Paladin > Holy Priest > Other melee DPS > Casters > Resto Druid.

CC is generally pretty sporadic. We put DKs and our our Feral druid on whatever melee we can cover, a warlock on the resto druid (if applicable), and Shaman on the other healers. We don't really do any CC beyond that. We kill the Shaman first because Tremor Totem ruins a lot of the sporadic "FFA CC" that goes on, and the hunter early because he bursts clothies in the blink of an eye, especially when a melee gets loose, as they inevitably do. Once those three are down, fight's over. Frankly, if you have none of those three, the fight is almost over before it starts.

Our logs show the Holy Paladin as by far the most effective healer of the bunch. The Holy Shocks have consistently done more effective healing on their own than all other healers total output combined, even when the Holy Paladin is the first kill target.

--
Meloree, <Edge>, Garona
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Rhiannon » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:39 am

By no CC, do you not even have any interrupters on the other healers? Our first 25 man heroic kill (last week) did somewhat abuse the old FoK interrupts to keep the healers and casters from doing anything useful, I'm somewhat worried about how it'll be this reset if we don't have dedicated interrupts on each healer. If we do go that route then ofc we'll be losing significant dps on the kill target, so I'm not sure if that'll help. Assuming you've got 2-3 rogues and 1 enh shaman, would you think they're best served interrupting heals (though the shaman can remain on kill target to some extent with a focus interrupt macro) or adding their dps to the kill target?
Last edited by Rhiannon on Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhiannon

Postby Sophotrates » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:18 pm

Downed them Tuesday on normal 10 after 5 tries or so, took 2 hunters with us who could chain-trap and did epic damage.

Went there today with half guild half pug. We wiped 2 times on beasts, 2 times on the demon. Then the faction champions, I thought we had to call it, but weird enough, we wiped only 1 time.

They got nerved alot. Resto druid and pally healer, first attempt we killed the druid, second attempt we killed them all. I was tanking the shaman and for some reasons my taunts didn't resisted alot. Almost every taunt worked and the ones who didn't were missed I think. Didn't had a stun resist either but then again I didn't stunned alot. Can anyone confirm this?
Sophotrates

Postby Non » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:10 pm

Did normal 25m today and NO DR on taunts anymore. Could hold two melee with taunt spam.
**"It's no secret that any correspondence between what Non says and the truth is purely coincidental"
Non

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:39 pm

Woah, they got nerfed more than expected then >=O
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Meloree » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:58 pm

Rhiannon wrote:By no CC, do you not even have any interrupters on the other healers?

Meloree wrote:a warlock on the resto druid (if applicable), and Shaman on the other healers.

It is important to at least slow down the healing the healers are doing. The more we do this fight, though, the more I hate it. It's still 7-8 minutes for us (I think our first kill was a grudging 14 minute war of attrition), but it feels like 30 seconds of critical performance, and 7 minutes of cleanup.

--
Meloree, <Edge>, Garona
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Gyute » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:57 am

I for one am none too thrilled with the nerf to faction champions....

They took what was one of the most fun encounters in the instance and turned it into a total /faceroll

Oh well was fun while it lasted.
Gyute

Postby Belloc » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:05 am

Gyute wrote:I for one am none too thrilled with the nerf to faction champions....

They took what was one of the most fun encounters in the instance and turned it into a total /faceroll

Try it on heroic?
Belloc

Postby Joanadark » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:26 pm

The trick about sticking one DPS on the pets is the best thing anyone ever suggested.
Holy cow it works so amazing.

All three healers had the Hunter's cat as their number 1 healing target. And all we had DPSing the Cat was a feral druid.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Belloc » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:10 pm

Joanadark wrote:The trick about sticking one DPS on the pets is the best thing anyone ever suggested.
Holy cow it works so amazing.

All three healers had the Hunter's cat as their number 1 healing target. And all we had DPSing the Cat was a feral druid.

:)

I can't remember where I first read it, but I've been suggesting this strategy ever since. Why CC healers when you can turn them into retards? :P
Belloc

Postby Worldie » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:08 am

I still prefer when they heal the Treants summoned by the moonkin :lol: We also have one DPS focusing constantly on a pet, works terribly well expecially in Heroic.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:10 am

Belloc wrote:

Try it on heroic?[/quote]
Heroic has not changed sadly, it's still terribly boring

Normal has become a faceroll. I managed to not die on my shadowpriest on my first time as clothie on it \o/
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Levantine » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:01 am

Which is saying something, since you're a pretty terrible Priest.
Levantine

Postby Worldie » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:52 am

:(

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon