Tracking Tanking Cooldowns

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Tracking Tanking Cooldowns

Postby crystalbane » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:48 am

Hi,

Does anyone now if there is any Prot Paladin specific addon out there that will help me track my cooldowns?

Im looking for something that will help me with my 969 rotation.

Ive used Power Auras for a while while I was healing, but I find it creates too much clutter around my character, and as a tank, I need to be able to see whats going on around me.

Now, Ive been experimenting around with Dotimer, and even have it displaying my cooldowns in neat little bars below my character, but I cant seem to get exactly what I am looking for from it. I need something that will show my cooldowns on one side of the screen (Bar with Timer pref), and once said ability is off cooldown, I want something(Icon/Bar) to appear on the other side of the screen letting me know its ready to use, and staying there until I use it.

Now, maybe Dotimer can give me what I want, but I think I might have hit a brick wall in terms of making it work.

If anyone could ofer some advice as to whether there is an addon out there I am looking for, or perhaps offer me a link to some sort of tutorial on using Dotimer, I would greatly appreciate it.
crystalbane

Re: Tracking Tanking Cooldowns

Postby Anorian » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:52 am

Not sure if there is an addon that does that, maybe you can try ghostpulse which pulses an icon of a skill when its ready.

But tbh just practice till you dont have to look at your screen/keyboard. i can dream 6969 and never have to think about what skill to use next. This gives you an edge over other tanks since you can pay alot more attention to the surroundings
Anorian

Postby Dakiros » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:24 am

Dominos (and many other bar mods) show the cooldowns of your abilities right on the bar, nice and easy.
Dakiros

Postby Gamingdevil » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:05 pm

Protection Is Surprisingly Stupendous. Don't use it myself, but it should do what you want.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby Lave » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:03 pm

am using clcret (http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/clcret.aspx)
shows you what to do next - 969 if you're protspecced, FCFS for retribution

works very well.. i tried to bug it by using skills that arent recommended, doing short breaks in the rotation etc - it always reacted to this and guided me back to a smooth 969
Lave

Postby Decimator » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:56 am

I use ForteXcorcist Once you've de-activated some of the warlock specific bits looks rela nice. I can provide a Screenshot if needed.
Decimator

Postby _Chloe » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:35 am

Lave wrote:am using clcret (http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/clcret.aspx)
shows you what to do next - 969 if you're protspecced, FCFS for retribution

works very well.. i tried to bug it by using skills that arent recommended, doing short breaks in the rotation etc - it always reacted to this and guided me back to a smooth 969

Me likey. I also think I met the author of this mod on the WotLK Beta...
_Chloe

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros