Remove Advertisements

Mimiron (25) Hard Mode

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Mimiron (25) Hard Mode

Postby melisandyr » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:31 am

Morning everyone,

I'd like to request some help or advice for beating this encounter. We're consistently getting to phase 4 now, but finding that we don't have enough people surviving from phase 3, or that phase 3 is lasting too long. So, I was hoping I could request the benefit of people's experience on this fight for:

- doing more damage quicker in phase 3
- tips for survival in phase 3 (raid movement, positioning and so on)
- any general tips for phase 4.

Currently for phase 4 we use the 3 ranged dps/healing groups from p2, but keep a loose spread like phase 1 positions.

For phase 3, we bunch up together. Our warrior tanks the head and assault bots, and we use a spare DK to mop up the bombs. We move round the room, nuking emergency bots if they get close, and waiting for 2 assault bot deaths so we can trap the head consecutively with BL. Any spare time is spent nuking the trash bots.

Our world of logs is here: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/1923/
(try not to laugh too much at my retlol dps on Sunday's run, I was on the bench yesterday)

Any tips appreciated, as we're extending the lockout for the second week, and working on it til he's dead.
Thanks everyone,
Melis
melisandyr
Maintankadonor

Re: Mimiron (25) Hard Mode

Postby Belloc » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:22 am

7 pages of information: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=23839
Belloc

Postby Apollya » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:26 am

melisandyr wrote:For phase 3, we bunch up together. Our warrior tanks the head and assault bots, and we use a spare DK to mop up the bombs. We move round the room, nuking emergency bots if they get close, and waiting for 2 assault bot deaths so we can trap the head consecutively with BL. Any spare time is spent nuking the trash bots.

Our world of logs is here: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/1923/
(try not to laugh too much at my retlol dps on Sunday's run, I was on the bench yesterday)

Any tips appreciated, as we're extending the lockout for the second week, and working on it til he's dead.
Thanks everyone,
Melis

We just downed this after 2 weeks of attempts last night. Here's a little advice i can give.

Phase 1 - positions and DPS is key. For Start DPS can be anywhere after the Extinguish of fires it's very useful to try and avoid getting fire anywhere near the centre as this can be a killer for melee in P2. During the Phase transition we started to ignore trying to fill the whole of 1 area and instead spread fire along the back walls, if most fire is spread towards the back it means the Frost bomb can normally only go far enough away to not cause issues to melee dmg during P2. Best scenario is nuke as hard as you can and get him to shock-blast before the extinguish. and get him to transition before the 3rd (or could be 4th) shock blast. gives a few extra vital seconds. also can get locks to make a new HS during transition.

Phase 2 melee need to obviously stay in "safe" positions not infront of caster groups. and again you want to have high enough dps to take him down before the 2nd laser barage. IN transition to P3 we spread fire to fill in an area between patches and try to keep 1 whole area free from fire. Again a new lock HS here is useful :)

Phase 3. We use 1 warr to tank all adds, but a hunter to tank the head. e use Paladin healers using Righteous fury and standing near the warr tank to attract the junkbots. We stay just in front of fire depending which way the hunter is kiting the head. When the 2nd assualt bot is at 50-60% we tell the hunter to poition the head to bring it down twice so he finds a nice clear spot, in the fire free area cleared by the safety bots. A DK (dps) is used to DG / Chains of Ice the bombbots and kill them away from group. once the 2nd assault bot is dead we all fast get to head and bring it down 2x in a row nuking it with bloodlust and all CD's right at the start. When it's at around 10-20% although sometimes we nuke so hard it dies, melee finish off the assault bots and start AoEing the trash on the warr tank. The warr taunts head jsut before it dies and hunter Feigns Death to give aggro for P4.

Phase 3 to 4 transition is simply moping up adds. e use Retri Palas to drop their Divine Sacrifice / Guardian with bubbleto help on dmg reduction and getting started. Then it's full on nuke. the phase is real messy we try to keep it all tanked by the warrior offcentre perhaps in the middle between centre circle and edge of room. you fast get used to the sequence of Laser barage, shockblast, frost bombs etc. It was also seriously helpful to warn others of frost bomb locations as well as laser barage starting direction. like "laser barage to wall" or "laser barage to centre"£ and Frost bomb behind boss, in centre infront of boss etc to help people react in time. Other than that it's just nuke away and and swap to middle when bottom / top get to around 10% then finish all off.

Incidentally in our kill we had all up in P4 and at the end.

Oh and check your PM added something there for you.

GL,

Apollya
Apollya

Postby guillex » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:34 pm

As Belloc posted, there is already a Mimi Hard mode thread. Please post your questions there to get help with the encounter.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon