Remove Advertisements

3/5 reckoning?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: 3/5 reckoning?

Postby defeated » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:26 pm

Uh, well generally when its used you use it with your bubble too, to basically negate the damage, however when tanking, especially MTing you can hardly get to use it, but if you are in an OT role if your role is either up, or get seconds where there is high aoe damage, but nothing for you to do but dps, then definitely want to pop that and DS asap to help out. :D
defeated

Postby toothdecaykills » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:59 am

WelEArll I wasn't technically thinking about MT on anything that can blow you up in seconds, but moreso points in CC where the tankdamage isn't so ridiculously difficult. Take for instance the worms, or Twin Valkyr. The Warrior 'MTs' these fights (that is to say his target is the main DPS target) because of the benefits of Sunder. So while I'm on the stationary worm I've been popping DS to help soak unlucky Burning Bile spreads or what not. Same goes with Valkyr when the raid intends to switch buffs throgh a vortex. Popping it here while I'm keeping White busy helps save a few members if they stray into some bad orbs.

My healers are usually prepared for this, but I'm wondering if I could deal with it myself if needed.
toothdecaykills

Postby Tyaera » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:00 pm

If its a single burst of damage that the raid is going to take, a Bubble/DS + Hand of Reckoning + cancel Bubble combo can work well to make that work.
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby Khayne » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:49 pm

I dont know why everybody just rates HoJ as "crappy interrupt", and disregard that it's also a good stun for alot of encounters. Jaraxxus infernals (stops their aoe nicely when they fly into the MT&melee camp), Faction Champs if you stay prot, Anubs adds to stop them debuffing you.

Or if still in ulduar,. Ignis, razor, xt, possibly little guy in IC, i've taunted rubble off a healer if my OT misses one and stunned that at kolo, feral defender at auriaya, casters at thorim, adds at freya, mimiron bots, yoggy tentacles (every HoJ saves trouble of cleansing twice).

That leaves FL (where DG, reckoning and divinity are all irrelevant anyway aswell), Hodir and Vezax where there's nothing you can't stun?

I'm kind of tempted to put the points into reckoning or divinity though, but haven't been able to let go of that 20 second cd HoJ yet.
Khayne

Postby Thalastor82 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:45 am

defeated wrote:I used to love the exact same build your using theck, with 1 in DS, and 2 in HoJ, but after i saw they are nerfing the HoJ cd reduction of judgements of the just, i wanted to find a build i will be happy with after the patch. From what i have read the sacred shield you keep on yourself mitigates more than 500 damage, and is based off of your spellpower right? From reading the tooltip of the DG talent, it also increased the effectiveness of sacred shield as well right?

But anyway, back to my original question, does anyone happen to know approximately how much extra tps i would gain from running a build with 3/5 reck, compared to a build without? Also once i reach the expertise hardcap? I forget that exact number, if anyone remembers it, please let me know. From all of the gear i've seen from ToC reaching the exp hardcap looks like it will be too easy.

I also loved the same 1DS/2HoJ build, I changed to 1DS/2Reckoning just to try a more aggro configuration before the aggro nerf. I also left PoJ for Tuskarr, putting the 2 extra point in crit.
In any case, I just like DS too much for replacing it with the 3rd point in Reckoning. I think that there are AoE situations where it is safe to use it combined with Divine Protection, especially when you are overhealed by a MT healer and if AD is not in CD.
Thalastor82

Postby defeated » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:12 am

I never said that imp HoJ was bad, but since they are nerfing it due to pvp idiots, we only get a 25 sec cd stun? i forget what they are nerfing it to lol. Also the stuns that work on adds in ToC only work in normal, in heroic (which i've tested) they do not work, so i want a spec that will work for every encounter/raid, without being useful for 1, but useless in the other.
defeated

Postby theckhd » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:58 am

defeated wrote:I never said that imp HoJ was bad, but since they are nerfing it due to pvp idiots, we only get a 25 sec cd stun? i forget what they are nerfing it to lol. Also the stuns that work on adds in ToC only work in normal, in heroic (which i've tested) they do not work, so i want a spec that will work for every encounter/raid, without being useful for 1, but useless in the other.

They still work on 10-man heroic. I'm 100% sure they work on on Faction Champions, at least, since I used it to lock down a healer. And I think I remember stunning an Infernal and one of anub's adds on this morning's heroic kills. We did normal this morning as well though, so it's possible my memory is mixed up for those.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Iselian » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:16 am

Stuns work on heroic for the Faction Champions. I will give 100% assurance on that. They also suffer from the same PvP diminishing returns as usual, so it could be that someone else had stunned the target to the point of immune without saying so, rendering your stun immune. I always stun non-kill targets for that reason ;)
Iselian

Postby Gamingdevil » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:16 pm

You can't stun the infernals on heroic, or at least not during the fel inferno, not sure at other times.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby defeated » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:31 pm

Yeah sorry you can for faction champs, for the jaraxxus adds you can't though, i tried quite a few times, they just have to be dealt with asap lol.

And the reason i don't see the imp HoJ too useful is because i usually go ret and kill people when we do the champs, prot warrs are so much better for them than a prot pally due to their 50 million interrupts and dispell on shield slam. =P
defeated

Postby Venoseth » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:59 am

Gamingdevil wrote:You can't stun the infernals on heroic, or at least not during the fel inferno, not sure at other times.

Correct, you can in 10 or 25-man normal modes, but on neither of their hard modes. I don't recall if I tried it when they weren't using inferno, but I assume they're immune then also.
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."

"Education is an ornament in prosperity and refuge in adversity."
Venoseth

Postby Dalithe » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:55 pm

Reckoning wording changed now. No longer includes Dodge/parry? or was I imagining Dodge/parry (and block if you were 5/5)?
Dalithe

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:13 pm

Reck never included Dodge and Parry. Just hits and block at 5/5.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Lave » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:55 am

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:Reck never included Dodge and Parry. Just hits and block at 5/5.

they should fix this already and include block in every ranks tooltip =/ lazy blizzard is lazy
Lave

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations