Nebuchadnezar

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Nebuchadnezar

Postby Nebuchadneza » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:22 pm

Hey all :)

This site is a gold mine, so thanks very much for helping to centralise a really informative database for prospective Pally tanks.

I'm heading into Karazhan today with this gear and spec

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/?#character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmourne&n=Nebuchadneza

I've only run through up to the Curator so far as a Healer since we had a couple of Warrior tanks already, but my guild is giving me a turn up the front this round. ;)

In case the I change my gear and Armory shows something different the self buffed breakdown is as follows:

Health: 10297 (with Kings)
Mana: 4800 ish
Armor: 12623 (with unmodified Devotion)
Spell Damage: 170
Defense: 491
Dodge: 11.37%
Parry: 15.74%
Block: 13.05%

Standard 0/49/12 build

I have heaps of room to move since I don't have any enchants whatsoever (excluding gem slots,head dodge/defense and shield spike) and I was just going to load up on stamina enchants.

I'm pretty sure this should be good enough to (at the least) offtank anything required, but I'm mainly after a confidence check from more experienced people.
Nebuchadneza

Postby Bluemania » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:07 am

Heya,

Looks like you really need to work on fleshing your dodge and block scores up to take crushing blows off (mobs level 63 and higher like those in kara will crush you).

Here are some easy suggestions to get some great gear.

Dabri's Enigma. Quest reward trinket to replace the spellpower one, you wont need it mate :). http://www.thottbot.com/i30300
Netherwing defender shield. Quest reward shield that'll give you a level 68-70 quality shield. http://www.thottbot.com/i31490 more info at thott
Strength of the untamed. will knock off some block value for much needed dodge, http://www.thottbot.com/i29173 cenarion rep -revered
Sha'tar vindicators belt. Quest reward...hmmm.. http://www.thottbot.com/i31460
Andormu's tear. Quest reward, http://www.thottbot.com/i29323

Those items will beef up your avoidance/block stats so you can really start to stand up to these guys.

[edit]:
And try going for your blocking trinket from doing heroic runs. Easiest heroics ive seen are auch crypts with a shadow priest, or underbog with a druid and warlock.
Bluemania

Re: Nebuchadnezar

Postby Kathryn » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:55 am

Nebuchadneza wrote:Health: 10297 (with Kings)
Armor: 12623 (with unmodified Devotion)
Spell Damage: 170
Defense: 491
Dodge: 11.37%
Parry: 15.74%
Block: 13.05%

You're Dodge and block are very low.. you are gonna look like you take a lot more damage than your warrior since you can't push crushes off yet.
Look at the gear forum there is lots of good links for 5-mans attainable gear.

We pally tanks have to go out of our way to get every bit of possible upgrade to "prove" our worth.

For Heroic's, nothing beats Mecanar for Badges Farming. (5 badges in 1h thank you!)
Kathryn

Postby Nebuchadneza » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:15 pm

Thanks for the feedback :)

I went to Kara as an OT with pretty much the numbers that I posted and we took down the first 4 bosses with The Crone for the Opera event.

Overall it was no "real" dramas but you were correct in me taking a few pretty heavy hits here and there. The first few pulls on the way to the Opera event were quite difficult (the double pull mobs that iceblock the tanks) but as long as the healers were ready for it we were able to get through no dramas. With the Maiden I swapped into full healing gear and assisted decursing and helping our Holy Paladin heal the MT through the stun phases (the utility of this class is awesome over a Warrior)

I'm proud to be proving the skeptics wrong in my guild (It helps to be one of the guild leaders though ;)) and everyone was excited to see things done a little differently, and most of the comments went along the lines of (We had so much more trouble doing this with 2 Warriors) Since we are Horde and never had access to this class in the past, it was understandable that some people would be concerned that it wasn't possible.

I'm working on raising those mitigation numbers and should hopefully be able to ease the healers minds even further pretty soon :)
Nebuchadneza

Postby Nebuchadneza » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:26 pm

I just had to tell a few people that appreciate this kind of thing :D

After getting a everything on the to do list (Plus a few Karazhan goodies ;)), My mitigation/avoidance looks so much healthier:

Health: 10297 (unbuffed)
Armor: 12219 (unbuffed)
Spell Damage: 183
Defense: 499
Dodge: 19.23%
Parry: 16.63%
Block: 19.33%

We finally got to the Prince, and took him down after sorting out the overhealing through phase 2 and 3 (it helped a lot when our tank was able to briefly buff over 20k health :lol:) Our guild loosely practises gearing tanks with T4 gear first so brand new Justicar Helm for me!! From the looks of it, the helm is getting an ok buff next patch, and once it was socketed with an Enduring Talasite and a Powerful Earthstorm Diamond it looks like a worthwhile replacement for the Felsteel Helm

Time to work on some +12 stam gems now and thanks all for the help :D.
Nebuchadneza

Postby Lore » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:07 pm

Grats! :D
Lore
Global Mod

Return to Basic Training & Talents