Remove Advertisements

The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby sublimated » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:05 am

I've been looking for Doomwalker to try him but he's always dead :x

On other news though, I have one to add to the list, Jan'Alai.

You can now open ZA by yourself since 3.2 by hitting the gong with Harrison Jones.
I tried all four of the first animal bosses, but only hawk went down. Bear's bleeds were way too crazy, even with bubble and stoneform, nowhere enough damage coming from me to live through these. I don't think It's gonna be possible.

Akil'Zon the Eagle boss might be possible with enough nature resist, but then again maybe not, as that debuff starts stacking his spells start really really hurting, Only got him to about 80% before dying. Lynx was a no-go either, just more damage than I could soak up.

Hawk was easy tho, I don't think anyone will have any trouble killing him solo.
sublimated

Postby Xequecal » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:33 am

A bit of advice to people trying to solo heroics/old bosses: Enchant Blood Draining on your weapon. It is a LOT of extra healing once you get below 35%.
Xequecal

Postby phaqueue » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:36 am

Xequecal wrote:A bit of advice to people trying to solo heroics/old bosses: Enchant Blood Draining on your weapon. It is a LOT of extra healing once you get below 35%.

hmm.. might have to put this on an old weapon to try out... thanks for the tip :)
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Postby Andox » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:11 am

Just did Hakkar + 1 (Bat boss alive cuz of the heal >.>)

Andox

Postby Sarutankah » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:30 pm

Andox wrote:Just did Hakkar + 1 (Bat boss alive cuz of the heal >.>)

Bat boss is easy once you have a decent ret set.

pop wings as soon as you interrupt and... booyah.
Sarutankah

Postby Shoju » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:13 am

Sarutankah wrote:
Andox wrote:Just did Hakkar + 1 (Bat boss alive cuz of the heal >.>)

Bat boss is easy once you have a decent ret set.

pop wings as soon as you interrupt and... booyah.

I must be doing something wrong because it was STILL a PITA with 2 interrupts and a REALLY nice ret set. On the other hand, I ran her OOM and killed her easily. Sacred Shield + Instant Flashes, and just watched until she was oom
Shoju

Postby Leuthas » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:19 am

Going way back to page 2 regarding AQ20. You don't need to clear Ossy's trash to kill him. I recall them aggroing when you engaged him back in the day when my guild was going for realm first of AQ20, but apparently they nerfed it.
Why can't a Warrior Thunderclap while silenced?

You're actually clapping your thighs together with a force so powerful that you generate a sonic boom and the resulting electrostatic energy. Unfortunately, when you're silenced, you can't generate the audible force from your thunder thighs.

Leuthas
Maintankadonor

Postby Andox » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:05 am

sublimated wrote:Hawk was easy tho, I don't think anyone will have any trouble killing him solo.

Did you use any special tactic for this, with all the debuffs and fire damage flying around?

Edit: Nvm, just tried. Piss easy.
Andox

Postby Vindicated » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:10 pm

Leuthas wrote:Going way back to page 2 regarding AQ20. You don't need to clear Ossy's trash to kill him. I recall them aggroing when you engaged him back in the day when my guild was going for realm first of AQ20, but apparently they nerfed it.

This may be true but if there is a mob on your crystal thingie, its certain death.
Vindicated

Postby Leuthas » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:33 am

Vindicated wrote:
Leuthas wrote:Going way back to page 2 regarding AQ20. You don't need to clear Ossy's trash to kill him. I recall them aggroing when you engaged him back in the day when my guild was going for realm first of AQ20, but apparently they nerfed it.

This may be true but if there is a mob on your crystal thingie, its certain death.

I don't use the crystal thingy, I tank Ossy up on his platform throughout the fight.
Why can't a Warrior Thunderclap while silenced?

You're actually clapping your thighs together with a force so powerful that you generate a sonic boom and the resulting electrostatic energy. Unfortunately, when you're silenced, you can't generate the audible force from your thunder thighs.

Leuthas
Maintankadonor

Postby Ets » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:53 am

Hey all, first off, I've been a (very) long time user here, but never actually got around to registering. So Hi! Anyway, I don't think this has been done before, (slap me if it has though) but I have managed to solo Skadi the Ruthless on Heroic.

I did this with Seal + Judgement of Light the whole way through, and 3.2k Block Value with the Libram (Sacred Shield one) buff active. Was meant to be for Anub'Arak but thought I might as well test it anyway. :P

Skadi himself isn't that hard, the hard bits are the group of 4 with 2 casters before the first boss, and the gauntlet. The key to the gauntlet is to go very slowly. If you're interested I can fraps the next kill, as I did it in hopes of being able to farm the Blue Proto-Drake.

Ets

Postby Cheroz » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:07 am

I tried HUP yesterday and yes, the harder pulls are the groups of 4 with casters. I would suggest popping cd's early and be ready to interrupt a heal. Also, the mobs with dogs, kill the dogs first as they put a bleed type effect on you that hurts later on. My question and the problem I ran into was the gauntlet. I could not down the mobs fast enough before the next came and they eventually stacked up and once I had two casters plus a group of others....I was toast. Looking at those screen shots, we have the same weapon and I was running with a similar setup as far as buffs. I tried once without my Greatness trinket, once with. What type of gear were you using and were you using a standard tanking spec? I have a good set of gear and could not dps fast enough to burn them down. Could you post a vid on the kill? I am very interested in farming the mount. Thanks Cheroz
Cheroz

Postby Ets » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:44 am

In the middle of uploading my video to Youtube, though it's not the entire fight. (cut it slightly to make it more interesting and to keep the file size/length down) :)

Yes, this was done with the standard 53/18 Crusade spec, and I was using a block value heavy set. (3.2k BV with libram active) What I did was switch to casters as soon as they came, and the waves "alternate". First it'll be a harpooner + warrior, then a caster + warrior, and so on. I mostly moved forward when I had managed to keep up with spawns and the next wave wouldn't have a caster in it.

Edit: Youtube video link, should be ready and working in a few mins:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noxC-p9ixxA
Ets

Postby Cheroz » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:56 am

Thanks for the vid. I will give it another go tonight. Not able to view vid until I get home (Got to love DoD computers and them blocking about 50% of websites.)
Cheroz

Postby Shoju » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:07 am

In the process of Solo-ing Violet Hold on Normal. So far the problem seems to be the luck of the draw on bosses / Portal locations. I will post SS's if I get one that I can do.
Shoju

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats