Remove Advertisements

Is there a definite 3.2 build yet?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: Is there a definite 3.2 build yet?

Postby Noradin » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:24 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Torquemada wrote:Haven't taken SoC, and probably won't unless Theck shows that it's insanely uber for trash. I do have it on my Ret spec, mostly because I don't like having unfinished talents when possible and I couldn't fit 2/2 Vindication into my spec and keep Aura Mastery.

I went back to a Lol-OOM Vezax spec this week, having never tanked Vez before but I had to both in 25 and 10 man this week. I had to basically sit down every other attack to have enough mana to hold threat off a stupid Warlock who didn't know how to give me a little space.

It's not gonna be any good for trash, it's current intended iteration won't proc the chain from abilities that hit more than one target, so it'll basically only proc from autoattacks.


It has a very high chance to proc vindication though.
Using SoC will keep vindication up on 5 targets easily whereas SoV will only do so on one.
ImageImage
Noradin
 
Posts: 942
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:00 am

Re: Is there a definite 3.2 build yet?

Postby Arjuna » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:30 am

Noradin wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:
Torquemada wrote:Haven't taken SoC, and probably won't unless Theck shows that it's insanely uber for trash. I do have it on my Ret spec, mostly because I don't like having unfinished talents when possible and I couldn't fit 2/2 Vindication into my spec and keep Aura Mastery.

I went back to a Lol-OOM Vezax spec this week, having never tanked Vez before but I had to both in 25 and 10 man this week. I had to basically sit down every other attack to have enough mana to hold threat off a stupid Warlock who didn't know how to give me a little space.

It's not gonna be any good for trash, it's current intended iteration won't proc the chain from abilities that hit more than one target, so it'll basically only proc from autoattacks.


It has a very high chance to proc vindication though.
Using SoC will keep vindication up on 5 targets easily whereas SoV will only do so on one.

5 targets?
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
User avatar
Arjuna
 
Posts: 1843
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:26 am

Re: Is there a definite 3.2 build yet?

Postby theckhd » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:43 am

I think that SoC will be a slight threat reduction on trash packs. You need to drop a point from Conviction to take it, so that's a slight dps loss there. You also can't have SoV up, which means you lose SoV stacks on secondary mobs and you lose the 10 expertise bonus to the current target.

My guess is that if you're properly tab-targetting to spread the SoV stacks around, you'd be better off with SoV. It would be extremely tricky to model this well, since you'd need to know exactly how many mobs, how effectively you're tab-targeting, and so on.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
User avatar
theckhd
Moderator
 
Posts: 7710
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:06 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: Is there a definite 3.2 build yet?

Postby Tyaera » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:25 am

I must say I strongly disagree with only taking one point in Imp Judgements.

Yes, in an ideal 6969696 rotation, you won't be using Judgement more than every 9 seconds anyway. But just because it comes off cooldown a second earlier than you need it doesn't mean its going to muck up your rotation. You still won't get a chance to use it for another second.

Where it shines though, is for times where you aren't doing 69696, such as parts where you're gathering adds up, tanking constant spawning mobs, example: Thorim's arena. In those situations, having the extra one second off Judgement can be a big deal.

Its not always going to be a help, but its certainly never going to be a hindrance, and overall its FAR more of a benefit than one pathetic point in Benediction. :?
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Image
User avatar
Tyaera
 
Posts: 730
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: sneaking through minefields

Re: Is there a definite 3.2 build yet?

Postby fogyreef » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:00 pm

Knock, knock....hello?

This seemed like a perfect thread for me to find the current 3.2 build, but I see one listed without much discussion and I never buy the first item I see.

When I check out the build discussed in the advanced training http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/guides/advanced-training/tankadin-talents
the page breaks with no real build set up. Can the referenced build be repaired, and/or is there a go-to base build for 3.2 in the interim?

Thanks all
fogyreef
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:38 pm

Re: Is there a definite 3.2 build yet?

Postby majiben » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:18 pm

Seems to be working for me. Could you give some details about your browser? Might be related to your particular version. Also do the other guides work for you?
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
User avatar
majiben
Moderator
 
Posts: 6999
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Retired

Re: Is there a definite 3.2 build yet?

Postby fogyreef » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:31 pm

majiben wrote:Seems to be working for me. Could you give some details about your browser? Might be related to your particular version. Also do the other guides work for you?


Firefox 3.5.3

The talent page that comes up starts off with 43 talents and a second later loses 28 of them, dropping to 15.

Links to Wowhead talents work fine. Tried the talent.mmo-champion.com version (original link above) in IE and the tiles wouldn't even come up.

PM me if you need more info. Don't want to bloat the thread. :P
fogyreef
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:38 pm

Re: Is there a definite 3.2 build yet?

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:12 am

No, yeah. He's right. The MMO-Champ talent builds are broken due to MMO-Champ changing the way their calculator works a few weeks ago.
Image
The Seeker.
User avatar
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 4529
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 8:53 am
Location: Malorne

Re: Is there a definite 3.2 build yet?

Postby majiben » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:16 am

I see what you mean now, The maintankadin link isn't broken, the mmo champion talent link is. Funny you mention that, last night when I clicked on that link I got the trunacated version you are describing and then the original version loaded. Today when I try it I get the same results you are describing. Seems that the original version loads first then the calculator "fixes" the build by removing the talents that couldn't have been filled without more points in the tree.

I'll let Knaughty know of the issue.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
User avatar
majiben
Moderator
 
Posts: 6999
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Retired

Re: Is there a definite 3.2 build yet?

Postby knaughty » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:47 pm

Argh.

Will try and catch up with fixing various things this weekend.

Anyone know of a talent calculator that lets you do impossible builds?
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
User avatar
knaughty
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3558
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Re: Is there a definite 3.2 build yet?

Postby Sanctity » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:52 am

knaughty wrote:Argh.

Will try and catch up with fixing various things this weekend.

Anyone know of a talent calculator that lets you do impossible builds?


AFAIK the wow-europe / worldofwarcraft.com calculators do. can't test as i'm behind my college firewall

Also, My expireince of SoComm has been most enjoyable.

While it may be a net TPS loss (i'm not going to contest whether it is or isn't) against when you are tab targeting to spread SoCorr stacks around. I find it is a notable DPS increase (probably not equivilent to the point in conviction or SotP) for me when i am tanking packs of mobs and it allows me to keep my eyes on potential runners or adds because it is "put on and forget" rather than intensively making sure you tab, hit tab, hit, tab etc (TL;DR: It's easy).

Also, HotR does proc SoComm, just only off your main target rather than off each target like it did on PTR. So if i hammer one target, HotR chains to 2 mobs and at the same time SoComm chains off the mob onto 2 others.

Overall I am spec'd 0/53/18 with 0 in conviction because i prefer the flavor offered by PoJ and SoComm

EDITED: to elaborated on my SoComm views
2ndEDIT: http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xm ... 0000000000 BAM! it works.
I think the trick's that you made someone proud.
User avatar
Sanctity
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:41 am

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest