Remove Advertisements

Does this exist?

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Does this exist?

Postby cryptwind » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:45 pm

I'm looking for a mod that will show all the people int he raid that have aggro and allow me to click it to target them? I don't want to see each member of the raid only the folks with aggro so I can taunt if needed.

This may not exist, but it sound's likely and "clutter free" for a tanking mod.
cryptwind

Re: Does this exist?

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:55 pm

It would require creating frames during combat, which isn't allowed. About the best you can do is get a set of raid frames to show everyone and set it up to highlight those who have aggro.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Davitz » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:07 pm

Crypt, you can configure Grid to display who has aggro in the raid. It's quite compacted and efficent. :3

~Davitz
Davitz

Postby Jerey-Darkspear » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:17 pm

Davitz wrote:Crypt, you can configure Grid to display who has aggro in the raid. It's quite compacted and efficent. :3

~Davitz

Aye. This indeed would work. To hide/show, you might even be able to turn the alpha on an individual to 5% with no aggro and 100% on an individual with aggro. Seeing all 25 with visibility based on range is preferred to me though, so haven't really looked into it. Just the word "AGGRO" in red across the cell is enough for me.
Jerey-Darkspear

Postby Kanthela » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:18 pm

I use grid and have the aggro indicator be one of the little squares on one of the corners. That way you can keep the frames compact without sacrificing your ability to tell the name of the person who has aggro.
Kanthela

Postby vajjlol » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:39 am

Grid is a great addon and I would be lost without it. Especially on any of my healer toons.

In the context of the OP; is there something out there that not only tells you if a raid member has aggro on a mob, but also places a target frame beside them so you can easily target that mob for single taunt? I guess, something along the lines of a reverse party target; if that makes any sense? Being reasonably new to tanking, sometimes in the heat of the battle and the graphics in the game I have a hard time seeing what is killing my fellow party/raiders.

Thanks
vajjlol

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:38 am

No, this would require new frames to be drawn in combat, which the LUA does not allow.

I personally swear by the mtlove2 addon, that adds a mob's target to a mouseover. http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... ove-2.aspx
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Ragingsoul » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:16 am

fuzzygeek wrote:No, this would require new frames to be drawn in combat, which the LUA does not allow.

I personally swear by the mtlove2 addon, that adds a mob's target to a mouseover. http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... ove-2.aspx

I just tab between mobs quickly and check target of target, it's much easier imo, that trying to mouse over a running or moving mob. you still have to target something anyway to taunt. (I don't like mouse over taunt, since aoe taunt can work on someone even if you mouse over the wrong target, but that's just me).
you generally loose aggro over 1 mob with more than 4, and that doesn't tell you if someone is about to over aggro anyway.. tabbing through them, you will see it, and can make a shield slam to regain some if I'm about to loose it.
in TBC, I had DiamondThreatMeter, instead of omen, where you could see the regain of aggro on each mob, I'm gonna reinstall it I think, and see now how it goes. there are still some buggs I think with this.
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... meter.aspx
While tanking new content, one rule is important -- it's not about taking less damage; it's about being able to take more.
Ragingsoul, Palatank, Tsunadee, Resto Druid, Bisoul, Mutilate Rogue
Ragingsoul

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros