Remove Advertisements

Question about expertise

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Question about expertise

Postby Caedrun » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:55 am

I have recently(in the last 2 months) switched over to MT'ing from Ret, and I am loving being the tank. I have started to get some much nicer tanking gear and I have notcied that my expertise is now at 40 with SoV active(I am glyphed SoV). I know that this is more expertise than I would have ever run as Ret, but is there a "cap" on expertise for tanking. If so, what glyph suggestions would you have to replace the SoV glyph? The other glyphs I am using are Divine Plea and Hammer of the Righteous.

Thanks for any advice you can give,

Caedrun

Nevermind: I did some more digging and found a hard cap of 56 on expertise to be desireable to remove parry from the table.
Caedrun

Re: Question about expertise

Postby amh » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:39 pm

Caedrun wrote:Nevermind: I did some more digging and found a hard cap of 56 on expertise to be desireable to remove parry from the table.

Indeed. Out of curiosity, what's your hit rating at?
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Caedrun » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:59 pm

I have a hit rating of 230.
Caedrun

Postby amh » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:38 pm

Mhm, dug up your armory. Safe to say you don't have threat-issues, I guess :)

I would keep the SoV-glyph despite your high expertise. Chances are you'll drop lower within the next few upgrades, and frankly, 10 expertise-skill from a glyph is ridiculous. If you really want to crank out more threat, replace your HotR-glyph with the Judgement-glyph. If you don't feel a pressing need to do more threat, replace HotR with Salvation.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby amh » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:40 pm

Since you're new to tanking, I've got to ask: You know that Judgements of the Just (20% reduced melee attack speed) works on bosses, right? Unless someone else is guaranteed to provide it, it's the sort of thing you want to pick up yourself.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Racerover » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:15 pm

Hitting the parry "hard cap" is relatively attainable with all the expertise gear in ToC. I believe this to be somewhere around 55 expertise. I'm at 44 with the glyph. With some of the bosses having parry haste enabled, i'm trying to get to that point. Just something to think about since those bosses are hitting for 25k+.

--Race
Racerover

Postby Caedrun » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:18 pm

I did not realize that JoJ worked on bosses. I figured it was yet another skill that was only good for trash. :)

Thanks for the input. I guess I will need to look at my spec to see what i can give up to get JoJ.

Caedrun
Caedrun

Return to Basic Training & Talents