Remove Advertisements

[25 Heroic] Jaraxxus

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25 Heroic] Jaraxxus

Postby Alanyor » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:44 pm

Anyone done the buffed Jaraxxus now?

We were at him for the first time, only had time for 3-4 tries.
I think with the buff it's impossible to kill portals / volcano before at least 2 mistresses or 4 infernals will spawn.

Movies of last weeks encounter seemed very easy with just 1 mistress, but now we switch damage to the mistresses and they die by the time the volcano spawns, so we had not more than 10% dmg on the boss in about 2 minuten.
With a 10 min enrage timer, I don't know how it's possible with 2 mistress spawns out of 1 portal.

Help is greatly appreciated, will try the boss on our second raid day on monday again.

Thanks in advance,

Alanyor
Alanyor <Bloodhound Gang> - EU-Nera'thor - http://www.alanyor.blogspot.com
Originator of 10 Paladin Karazhan, 10 Paladin Zul'Aman and 8 Paladin Naxxramas
Alanyor

Re: [25 Heroic] Jaraxxus

Postby Joanadark » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:12 pm

It actually took us a couple wipes before we stopped completely underestimating the fight, but when we started taking the fact that they buffed the fight seriously we were killing the portals all before a 2nd mistress spawned and volcanos before the 4th infernal.

important note: conc aura mastery no longer works on the Mistress's Kiss.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Avengeance » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:03 am

We also wiped on the new version a few times coz of extra spawns - until you really make the DPS to start getting ready to nuke and ready to move for the spawns. We BLed before the first portal to make sure, second one dpsers use their own CDs etc.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Meyrinn » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:44 am

Its gone from a joke to a nightmare. He was far easier than NB last week. But, he's very difficult this week. DPS need to change to the portals and volcanos very quickly or it gets messy.
Meyrinn

Postby wingman » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:00 am

Yeah, we had to resort to popping DPS cooldowns and heroism on the portals to get them down in time. If you can't kill the portal reliably before 2nd mistress spawns, it's trouble.
wingman

Postby Kishandra » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:46 am

We killed the beasts last week barely, then spent an hour wiping on the pre-buffed Jaraxxus before calling it Monday night. Yesterday we went in, killed the nerfed beasts, then wiped once on Jaraxxus before killing him on our second pull, the buffed version.

I think what did the trick was I linked the damage done to Nether Portal and Infernal Volcano after the first wipe. Some people were doing more than triple the damage of others - almost assuredly because some people are lazy and don't want to switch or want to inflate their dps by staying on Jaraxxus the entire time. After I stressed portal killing to be the single most important thing on that fight for dps, we managed to make sure all but one portal spawned one mistress each and the volcanos only spawned 3 infernals.
Kishandra

Postby Alanyor » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:29 pm

Yeah thanks for the tips, good to know it's possible. :)
Alanyor <Bloodhound Gang> - EU-Nera'thor - http://www.alanyor.blogspot.com
Originator of 10 Paladin Karazhan, 10 Paladin Zul'Aman and 8 Paladin Naxxramas
Alanyor

Postby Boèndal » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:52 pm

He was quite easy for us. Even with two out of three Nether Portals spawning two Mistresses (don't know how to write it :D ) we had not much trouble with them. The vulcanos spawned three adds each time which is some kind of working as intended.
Boèndal

Postby Soralin » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:34 pm

Killed this week in 5-10 attempts (our first look at him on heroic). We used heroism straight away, and was still up for the first portal. Had a DK tanking Jaraxxus and me tanking everything else. On our kill we had only one portal spawn two Mistresses, all the others were killed before the second Spawn. I tanked the Mistress on top of the melee and it got cleaved to death - if it wasn't low enough just prior to a Volcano spawning then we would call switch to kill it before the Infernals spawned.

Infernals were tricky to begin with - in the end I was tanking them in the middle (pickups weren't easy but 2PceT9 helps) and they would usually do the work for me and jump out before starting to Hellfire. In some cases I needed to move them away from one who was hellfiring but as long as you're vocal about it over vent/etc then it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

At the end of the day this encounter is still pretty trivial compared to Beasts even after buff/nerf respectively, provided you have the DPS to kill portals/volcanos with minimal spawns and the healing to top people up on the incinerate flesh.
Soralin

Postby Sylene » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:52 pm

Hello all!

I would like to ask for some advices from the more experienced players here, from Jaraxxus heroic mode.
Our guild tried it today to kill it, but we just wiped on it for 20times.
We have mentioned, that we should kill the nether portal asap so only 1 misstress comes out from it, and 5 infernals come out from the vulcano.
We have 2 tanks and 6 healers, and about 75k raiddps.
The misstress dies normally, but when the infernals come, totally chaos and panic.
We have tried to spread to 2man groups in 360 degree around the boss, but at those infernals, there are always 3-4 dead players.
We dont know why

Can you pls help us, what do we need to do different? or how to tank those infernals to be better ?

Thanks a lot
Sylene

Postby Anorian » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:31 pm

we killed it last monday with me on add duty,

Basicly I try to keep all of the infernals on me, whenever they fly off to hellfire people need to move asap. Range nuke m down melee will just be running to much.
Anorian

Postby Boèndal » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:04 pm

Sylene wrote:Hello all!

I would like to ask for some advices from the more experienced players here, from Jaraxxus heroic mode.
Our guild tried it today to kill it, but we just wiped on it for 20times.
We have mentioned, that we should kill the nether portal asap so only 1 misstress comes out from it, and 5 infernals come out from the vulcano.
We have 2 tanks and 6 healers, and about 75k raiddps.
The misstress dies normally, but when the infernals come, totally chaos and panic.
We have tried to spread to 2man groups in 360 degree around the boss, but at those infernals, there are always 3-4 dead players.
We dont know why

Can you pls help us, what do we need to do different? or how to tank those infernals to be better ?

Thanks a lot

If your dps manages to get the portals down with only one misstress they should be able of doing the same dps to the vulcanos and let only three infernals spawn. The first one should be dead immediately and people should move away if an infernal in ball form touches down on them.

Our positioning has people spread out in a circle in groups of 2-3. The chain lighting only arcs in between the small group and because the infernals fly onto a players head you really have to recognise if its on your spot and move away.

You can use Aura Mastery against fire or Divine Sacrifice if you think your raid is some kind of squishy at this particular part of the fight.

€:just read your post again - seems like your positioning is similar to ours :o
I guess people in your raid die because combined dmg of chain lighting, hellfire and perhaps legion flame? The ones assigned to spellsteal, purge, dispell the boss have to be aware to do this immediately. Even resto shamans or holy priests can do that during add spawns where you have to dps portals or vulcanos. If they fail doing this chain lightning really hurts.
Boèndal

Postby Belarkan » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:42 am

I was wondering, is that possible to do Jaraxxus whenever 2 mistress pop ?
Our dps is always a bit low. We kill the portal by the time the second mistress pops so it is a bit unreliable.
Whenever we had 2 mistress, a couple of our healers got silenced and incinerate flesh explodes.

Are there tips for dealing with 2 mistress or make sure only one will spawn ?
Belarkan

Postby guillex » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:08 am

Belarkan wrote:I was wondering, is that possible to do Jaraxxus whenever 2 mistress pop ?
Our dps is always a bit low. We kill the portal by the time the second mistress pops so it is a bit unreliable.
Whenever we had 2 mistress, a couple of our healers got silenced and incinerate flesh explodes.

Are there tips for dealing with 2 mistress or make sure only one will spawn ?

You have to make sure that only one spawns... If your dps is a bit low, you're not going to be able to handle two mistresses.

I said it a little earlier in the other Jaraxxus thread, but have all of your DPS pop their cooldowns for the first portal (and you might want to drag Jar-jar over to help get it down), kill the first volcano normally, then pop bloodlust/heroism for the second portal. By the time the third portal spawns, CDs should be up again, so you pop those.

But again, to answer your question, the only way that you're going to be able to deal with 2 mistresses (and possibly getting the 360 degree pain spike achievement), is if your DPS isn't split and isn't low, OR if your healers aren't Holy Pallies and are quick enough to have another school locked out (ie: Shadow spell locked out for priests, etc.).
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby kanst » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:27 am

We have killed this boss with 2 mistresses up but it is far from ideal. In the case that you get 2 mistresses mark one quick and EVERY dps needs to switch and dps. That includes all melee. If you leave 2 up for two long the silences will mean lots of deaths, but if you switch quick its possible to recover
kanst

Next

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon