Remove Advertisements

Lynx Lord Halazzi

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Lynx Lord Halazzi

Postby Questioner » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:33 am

Kicked my ass. I thought the saberlash was supposed to be 12k split between 2? It was always 9.4k between the two of us. When it managed to hit us both.

If I stood right on top of our MT (tauren) it would only hit him. If I stood two steps in front of him, it would only hit me. I had to stand exactly one step in front of him.

Lame...
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby Lore » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:50 am

Tauren hitbox is broken, most Tauren tanks for Shahraz bring Savory Deviates along so they can use the human hitbox instead.

And yeah it doesn't seem to be an equal split, but taking 9.4k damage is still better than taking 12k :P
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Questioner » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:02 am

Lore wrote:And yeah it doesn't seem to be an equal split, but taking 9.4k damage is still better than taking 12k :P

No...we BOTH were always taking 9.4k damage. If it only hit one of us (like it did when we were learning the fight) It would hit for 19k. Instant Death.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby Lore » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:06 am

Questioner wrote:
Lore wrote:And yeah it doesn't seem to be an equal split, but taking 9.4k damage is still better than taking 12k :P

No...we BOTH were always taking 9.4k damage. If it only hit one of us (like it did when we were learning the fight) It would hit for 19k. Instant Death.

Well there you go then. 19k damage split between 2 targets.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Dorvan » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:06 am

Yup, that was my experience as well. Our first attempt I was a little slow getting back to our Warrior after the Lynx Spirit was dead at 25% and our Warrior got 1-shot by an 18.5k lash.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Vanifae » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:14 am

Dorvan wrote:Yup, that was my experience as well. Our first attempt I was a little slow getting back to our Warrior after the Lynx Spirit was dead at 25% and our Warrior got 1-shot by an 18.5k lash.

I found that if I tank both the lynx and caster form on top of it each other it makes it easier.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Dorvan » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:36 am

Vanifae wrote:
Dorvan wrote:Yup, that was my experience as well. Our first attempt I was a little slow getting back to our Warrior after the Lynx Spirit was dead at 25% and our Warrior got 1-shot by an 18.5k lash.

I found that if I tank both the lynx and caster form on top of it each other it makes it easier.

That's what we did in general, but I went running to help kill a totem right at the transition >.< Lesson learned :P
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Derbish » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:48 am

Both me and our warrior tank would get hit for about 9k on a split lash, and 18k from a full one.

Two things turned the corner for us on this fight. We brought in a hunter for tranq shot, and we made some healing adjustments. 2.5 healers need to be full time on the main tank and make sure only one is healing the off tank when he's damaged, but getting him to full ASAP.
Derbish

Postby Vanifae » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:52 am

Derbish wrote:Both me and our warrior tank would get hit for about 9k on a split lash, and 18k from a full one.

Two things turned the corner for us on this fight. We brought in a hunter for tranq shot, and we made some healing adjustments. 2.5 healers need to be full time on the main tank and make sure only one is healing the off tank when he's damaged, but getting him to full ASAP.

Yeah Tranq Shot helps quite abit.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Re: Lynx Lord Halazzi

Postby Tresjynn » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:09 am

Questioner wrote:Kicked my ass. I thought the saberlash was supposed to be 12k split between 2? It was always 9.4k between the two of us. When it managed to hit us both.
I thought it was the bear boss whose Brutal Swipe hit for that much, and that the lynx boss's hit harder.
Two accounts, two tankadins! Raaar.
Tresjynn

Postby Lansky » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:16 am

Wait what does Tranq help with? We had a hunter with us but never tranq'd in this fight.

Also yeah Lynx boss is a ~18k'ish lash depending on armor levels.
Lansky

Postby Vanifae » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:44 am

Lansky wrote:Wait what does Tranq help with? We had a hunter with us but never tranq'd in this fight.

Also yeah Lynx boss is a ~18k'ish lash depending on armor levels.

Tranq the Killing Frenzy.
Vanifae

Postby Lansky » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:22 pm

I didn't even notice a killing frenzy =\

I'm a gud tank.
Lansky

Postby Vanifae » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:30 pm

Lansky wrote:I didn't even notice a killing frenzy =\

I'm a gud tank.

It is an emote, and you can tell because his attack speed and damage ramp up dramatically.

It is possible to get through it witthout Tranq but a bad Lash when he is in the Killing Frenzy can pretty much instagib you.
Vanifae

Postby Lansky » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:36 pm

Outgearing content makes you lazy I guess. :oops:

Other than a 18k saber lash on our warrior before I got in front with him the boss seemed really boring. Outside of doing Dragon/Bear on ptr a few weeks ago we just ran in blind and went from there. I think one rogue had read a few guides as he kept saying things about the fights. I'm still shocked tranq shot has a use again.
Lansky

Next

Return to Zul'aman