Benefits of Sanctuary on non-tanks.

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Benefits of Sanctuary on non-tanks.

Postby Racerover » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:36 pm

Why not buff wisdom and have that shaman dropping healing stream totem?
Racerover

Postby jere » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:21 am

Well, raid wide Sanctuary is going to be more useful than a single healing stream totem in most cases if it comes down tot that choice
jere

Postby Racerover » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:34 pm

Sorry, I replied to Worldie's post via my iPhone and it didn't get quoted. My post was still assuming my raid had 4 paladins. We buff wisdom and have the healing stream totem dropped by shamans rather than mana spring.

--Race
Racerover

Postby ydraw » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:10 pm

The problem with mana spring is that you can outrange it. Or if your shaman dies all your casters lose the buff.

For this reason I'd usually go for healing stream totem and buff wisdom when possible.
ydraw

Postby Candiru » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:57 am

Now that disc priests don't stack with BoSanc any more (see other thread) I'm not sure blessing sanc on anyone is a good idea, let along non-tanks.
Candiru

Postby hoho » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:23 am

badgermonkey wrote:We nearly always run with 2 palatanks and a Holy. I keep setting up PP myself, so that I'm on might/wisdom.
Wouldn't holy be better for wisdom considering they have talents to improve it?
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Dantriges » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:26 am

If we had a disc priest...
Dantriges

Postby toothdecaykills » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:18 am

Candiru wrote:Now that disc priests don't stack with BoSanc any more (see other thread) I'm not sure blessing sanc on anyone is a good idea, let along non-tanks.

Blessings are still the safest form of a buff, particularly when considering progression.
toothdecaykills

Postby Racerover » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:53 am

Candiru wrote:Now that disc priests don't stack with BoSanc any more (see other thread) I'm not sure blessing sanc on anyone is a good idea, let along non-tanks.

I would agree to a certain extent, but if for some reason your priest dies then it's a moot point. I figure a static buff is more useful than a proc.
Racerover

Postby kanst » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:29 am

If there are 3 pallies in the raid then people should have sanctuary. Not everyone but anyone who is a 2 buff class. In my raids, one person buffs kings, one buffs wis/might, and I buff sanctuary plus wis or might for 3 buff classes.
kanst

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:10 am

kanst wrote:If there are 3 pallies in the raid then people should have sanctuary. Not everyone but anyone who is a 2 buff class. In my raids, one person buffs kings, one buffs wis/might, and I buff sanctuary plus wis or might for 3 buff classes.

that becomes a problem when most 3buffclasses want WiS but not Might and the other way around.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby kanst » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:06 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:
kanst wrote:If there are 3 pallies in the raid then people should have sanctuary. Not everyone but anyone who is a 2 buff class. In my raids, one person buffs kings, one buffs wis/might, and I buff sanctuary plus wis or might for 3 buff classes.

that becomes a problem when most 3buffclasses want WiS but not Might and the other way around.

Ain't nothing wrong with 10 minute buffs
kanst

Postby Extermi » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:48 am

We run with a disc priest most of the time so raid-wide sanctuary is not needed (or to be more precise, will not be needed once the stacking is "fixed" in 3.2.2). Still, Sanctuary as tank buff is truly annoying.

Just yesterday with 3 Paladins in the raid, I ended up buffing kings while the others were buffing might/wisdom. Now to get Sanctuary for me to get the mana return I needed to single-buff. With fights longer than 10 Minutes including pull, I ended up losing the buff in the heated last minute of the encounter - yes my fault, but still annoying.

I am still waiting for the glyph that makes self-buffs last for 30 minutes, just like it is with the might/wisdom glyphs. Until then, I will probably be back to kings except for trivial encounters where I take only minimal damage, and General of course.

Extermi
Extermi

Postby Zothor » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:54 am

Extermi wrote:I am still waiting for the glyph that makes self-buffs last for 30 minutes, just like it is with the might/wisdom glyphs.

Extermi

It is damn near criminal that this glyph doesn't exist. They recognize the value of it as a minor for the other specs - why in the world screw us over? Grrrrrr.
Zothor

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations