Remove Advertisements

3.2.2 threat nerf

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: 3.2.2 threat nerf

Postby bentglasstube » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:35 pm

Heni wrote:it is so under represented that not really on the Blizzard radar.

They won't nerf it until it becomes more prevalent. Prot PvP healing has been OP forever, but only recently do people actually play it, hence the nerf.
bentglasstube

Postby toothdecaykills » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:46 am

Heni wrote:Yes exactly I'm talking about protection pvp, wearing SBV gear and gemming for strength. Works well in 2's with a rogue for example. With making this change when you are stacking strength, something I would never do while actually tanking cause I stack stamina, makes my damage out put even higher when I am already constantly destroying people and living forever with ardent defender, bubble, etc. This would make it pretty OP and I would argue in circumstances it already is but it is so under represented that not really on the Blizzard radar.

I was jokingly exploring a build that'd use mostly str gems and trinkets while going deep enough in Ret for Art of War and Judgments of the Wise and yet still getting Ardent Defender and other utility talents in Prot. I was enthralled by the potential survivability and support with the instant Flash of Light, Imp Hand of Freedom, and Repentance, but I'm deeply worried by the lack of offensive abilities since I cannot get Crusader Strike or Hammer.

In the end it probably gives up too much for a hybrid build but since I rarely step into arena anyway, it might still be interesting.
toothdecaykills

Postby Candiru » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:35 am

I wish holy paladins could use Staves, or there were Spelldamge 2H weapons.

Using a slow 2H and judging with SoJ up from 40yards away to stun people is fun :) 8s CD on a 2s 40yard range stun is pretty OP tbh. The only problem is you need a slow weapon to get a decent proc % chance. Holy might even be a viable PvP build in a few patches time!
Candiru

Postby Heni » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:14 pm

Candiru wrote:Using a slow 2H and judging with SoJ up from 40yards away to stun people is fun :)

You can't judge Justice from that far anymore, they reduced that in 3.1.2 or something like that, maybe even 3.1.
It was stupid op wehn you could slow rogues that far away and just kite them with PoJ.
Heni

Postby majiben » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:37 pm

Judging while SoJ is up is not the same as Judging JoJ.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby honorshammer » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:45 pm

Heni wrote:Either way the change to strength instead of stamina for Touched by the Light is going to make protection paldains OP for PvP. If you PvP as prot in shield block gear, etc and I gem for strength in that gear, you end up with a good amount of strength and 60% of that is now SP as well. That is going to make all the abilities do quite a bit more damage. As when I am prot in PvP I have only 26k or so health instead of 40k.

I think you'll hit the DR on BV pretty quickly in that set up.
honorshammer

Postby vonrychte » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:20 am

Just noticed this on the PTR notes...

"Blessing of Sanctuary: This blessing now grants 10% strength in addition to its current effects. Also, the strength and stamina bonuses from this blessing will no longer be lost when Blessing of Kings is removed."

Makes me feel mo better in helping compensate for the change to TbtL!

Titans of St Johns
www.TitansSJ.com
vonrychte

Postby Heni » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:56 am

Majiben wrote:Judging while SoJ is up is not the same as Judging JoJ.

Ah I gotcha, but how does he stun them? The stunning only comes from melee hits, not judging right? That is how I always read the tool tip plus with the changes to judges not procing Divine Plea anymore I assume it is the same for SoJ.
Heni

Postby kaanman36 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:06 am

vonrychte wrote:Just noticed this on the PTR notes...

"Blessing of Sanctuary: This blessing now grants 10% strength in addition to its current effects. Also, the strength and stamina bonuses from this blessing will no longer be lost when Blessing of Kings is removed."

Makes me feel mo better in helping compensate for the change to TbtL!

I mentioned this like 2-3 pages back. :twisted:
Staring at boss crotch since 2005.
Gathorc - 85 Paladin
Eitrigg US

Read my blog http://bigshinyshield.blogspot.com...or don't.
kaanman36

Postby vonrychte » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:12 am

yeah sorry, i must have looked back only 1 or 2 pages, my bad

Titans of St Johns
www.TitansSJ.com
vonrychte

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations