Whats your offspecc?

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: Whats your offspecc?

Postby Corpsicle » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:05 am

Prot main spec, off spec Holy though I don't end up using my off spec in raids all that much (outside of pugs). I find that I can always find something to do as either a tank or a healer on my server as we run short of both constantly. I tried off speccing ret recently, but it is significantly easier to maintain a good off spec holy set. And for what it is worth, I really prefer healing in pvp, even in a pve oriented spec.

I do have my lock for a dps type, so if I really needed a dps for something I'd just grab her at this point.
Corpsicle

Postby Earantur » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:23 pm

Holy main, ret off.

Was prot offspec for all of 3.0, but eventually switched to ret offspec come 3.1 to be able to actually use my offspec in raids.

Not to mention it seems to makes dailies a billion times quicker.
Earantur

Postby Punkss2 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:33 pm

My sig block says it all :)

When I was raiding on this toon, I build a set for all 3 specs so i've got decent gear for all the specs. Originally I was Ret/Holy. I hate healing with a passion so about a month ago I decided to switch it from Holy to Prot and have not looked back since. I would say prot is now my main spec on this toon.
Thinking of starting WOW again....
Punkss2

Postby amh » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:37 pm

That's a lot of alts, Punkss2 :)

Blood tank / blood dps
Shadow / Disco
Prot / Holy
Unholy tank / -
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Spectrum » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:48 pm

I'm prot main, holy off. I ended up with holy off spec because I started getting a bit bored when our Ulduar group started stagnating, and I had all the gear anyway. There was a month or two when my holy set had a higher average ilvl than my prot gear.

With our 10-man group we run 2/2/6 normally. Our other main tank is a DK, so it's easy for him to go DPS. I have Holy for those one-tank fights that could use some extra healing (early Hodir, Mimiron). And we have another DPS that is a good off-spec healer to pick that stuff up.

Basically, I'm holy because paladins can (druids are so rare I don't know if they count as tank/healers). The other two common tank classes don't have that option.

I have a warrior for DPS. It's lots of fun, but my god is it hard to find groups. LFG queues, especially for ToC, are usually half death knights and the rest DPS anyway.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Punkss2 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:52 pm

amh wrote:That's a lot of alts, Punkss2 :)

Yeah, I'm attending Altaholic Anonymous. I have alt ADD. My latest kick has been lvling my huntard that I faction changed from a Belf to dranei. I'm just sad that I traded a badass wolf mount for a damn horse. Very lackluster imo.
Thinking of starting WOW again....
Punkss2

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes