Remove Advertisements

[25 Heroic] Anub'arak

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25 Heroic] Anub'arak

Postby Joanadark » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:34 am

Since bug pokemon are vulnerable to psychic, the key to defeating this powerful adversary is to use your psychic powers against it!

This fight is what we were hoping for. It's yog 0 p3 pre-nerf on a wipe counter. This is going to be a very interesting progression race. Updates to follow.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Re: [25 Heroic] Anub'arak

Postby Xequecal » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:41 am

I'm currently wondering how many Paladins you're required to stack to Hand of Protection people in order to make living through two burrow phases even possible. Also, how the 30% to zero burn phase will even be possible at all once throwing spec is nerfed.
Xequecal

Postby Joanadark » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:58 am

We lived through a full 4 burrow phases today when testing the enrage timer without major use of BoPs.
Theres no rediculous raid stacking requirement to this fight. If it seems like there is, youre doing it wrong.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Xequecal » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:13 am

I'm honestly baffled as to how you accomplished four burrow phases. The spikes accelerate up to light speed pretty quickly and then you either have to BoP the target or ice the spikes immediately. Since the target dying just makes the spikes chase someone else at the same ridiculous speed, I'm at a loss as to how you survived that long with only 6 permafrosts.
Xequecal

Postby Joanadark » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:16 am

I'm pretty sure we actually had 2 perma frosts left at the end too.
Joanadark

Postby Invisusira » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:17 am

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Invisusira

Postby Worldie » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:09 am

Stupid question: there were voices of a additional kind of add in Heroic Anub (ice darters or something), but i've seen none in 10 men, is there any in 25?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Aubade » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:59 pm

Worldie wrote:Stupid question: there were voices of a additional kind of add in Heroic Anub (ice darters or something), but i've seen none in 10 men, is there any in 25?

Not that I've seen, there's just the usual swarm scarabs in P2 and the Burrowers in P1 and 3
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby fafhrd » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:37 pm

...aaand he's dead to paragon, on what they say was a sloppy night because of people disconnecting. 4 attempts remaining :/
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Joanadark » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:11 am

I understand that premo wiped at 250k on their last attempt.
For us, p3 still requires quite a bit of work, but p1 and p2 are locked down.

By all accounts, p3 is by far the hardest portion of the fight. This encounter bears a great similarity to yog0 pre-nerf in a lot of ways, and those guilds with experience in that fight can take alot of those lessons forward.
Joanadark

Postby Nadir » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:42 pm

This encounter just became exponentially more difficult with the addition of DR to Holy Wrath. You can't merely AOE the adds anymore since the two OTs will need to be at least 12 yards away from one another.
Nadir

Postby Joanadark » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:07 am

This encounter just became exponentially more difficult with the addition of DR to Holy Wrath. You can't merely AOE the adds anymore since the two OTs will need to be at least 12 yards away from one another.

yeah. Shame that they flat out removed the primary strat most guilds were using for add control AFTER the two guilds already got kills using it.
Joanadark

Postby fafhrd » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:05 am

Fairly sure they'll still kill him again this week though. Stars at least was asking for him to be made harder anyway.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Nadir » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:26 am

fafhrd wrote:Fairly sure they'll still kill him again this week though. Stars at least was asking for him to be made harder anyway.

P3 before the Holy Wrath nerf compares to the difficultly of some of the hardest pre-nerf Ulduar encounters. P3 without a Holy Wrath stun order is going to be insane. No, I doubt we'll see a kill this week. I'd predict at least a month before the next kill and no repeat kills by Stars/Paragon while DPS pick up ilvl 245/258 weapons and tanks pick up ilvl 258 armor.
Nadir

Postby Joanadark » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:05 pm

Maybe not a month, but the difference made by this change is pretty massive. i can understand not wanting to "require" certain group stacking, but changing a fundamental dynamic of dealing with the single hardest element of the fight (controlling adds during p3 without falling behind on boss damage or tank healing) AFTER kills have already been made is pretty stupid.

Imagine if they waited until two guilds killed Yog 0 and then buffed the encounter massively.
Joanadark

Next

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon