Remove Advertisements

aoe grinding exp

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: aoe grinding exp

Postby Velaegis » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:00 am

AoE grinding is incredibly useful if you need some exp to level up in between questing hubs. I would say that, definitely, an hour of AoE grinding yields far more experience than regular grinding. You also need to take in the fact that there will be very little, if ANY downtime in between groups of mobs.

I find, also, that it can be useful for quickly clearing out a large group of mobs from a single node that you need to get to. If you don't mind being OOM after the fight, pop Wings, Consecrate, SoV, JoL, HoR and Holy Shield until everything's dead. It can be really fast way to take out multple mobs.
Velaegis

Postby æ » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:18 pm

Ret is not faster. Prot just requires you know where to go beforehand as the places are limited. But limitation doesnt matter. All you need is one spot per 4-6 levels.
10 SIN
20 GOTO HELL
æ

Postby olih27 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:19 am

@ uke, well that shouldnt be much of a problem i have another 80 and our guild always does numerous daily hc runs that i could get in on and they wont mind how appalling my gear is :P
I will probably be giving my pally the prot and ret crafted sets as my main is a BS.
Bg does seem the better option atm except the 80's will be frustrating, looking like aoe grind while im in the queue
olih27

Postby phaqueue » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:16 pm

olih27 wrote:@ uke, well that shouldnt be much of a problem i have another 80 and our guild always does numerous daily hc runs that i could get in on and they wont mind how appalling my gear is :P
I will probably be giving my pally the prot and ret crafted sets as my main is a BS.
Bg does seem the better option atm except the 80's will be frustrating, looking like aoe grind while im in the queue

"while in queue" shouldn't be a problem - if you server is anything like mine... AV is a 1-2 min queue - and is worth about 130-150k xp per win...

also - there are more and more peopl eunder level 80 in AV anymore because of the XP from the bgs - and if you stay with the group - the level 80's don't really mean as much - they might target you some - but as a prot pally - you can survive for a little bit against them...

also - if you have the extra gold - cold-weather flying and dual-spec will go a long way - having a ret or holy spec as a secondary makes it even faster... you can aoe grind between hubs and for the quests where it's useful -and you can spec ret for those quests where it is more efficient... makes the leveling even easier...

I'm currently debating leveling a 2nd paladin... just because I want to be able to play more than 2 pally specs and don't want to be respeccing all the time...
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Postby Panzerdin » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:25 am

æ wrote:Ret is not faster. Prot just requires you know where to go beforehand as the places are limited. But limitation doesnt matter. All you need is one spot per 4-6 levels.

I disagree. Ret is capable of killing more mobs in the same space of time than prot is, and can actually be doing quests into the bargain.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby phaqueue » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:37 am

Panzerdin wrote:
æ wrote:Ret is not faster. Prot just requires you know where to go beforehand as the places are limited. But limitation doesnt matter. All you need is one spot per 4-6 levels.

I disagree. Ret is capable of killing more mobs in the same space of time than prot is, and can actually be doing quests into the bargain.

this arguement can be summed up much easier

DUAL SPECS

both ret and prot have their uses while leveling - pay the extra 1000g and have the choice... it's worth it
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Postby olih27 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:47 am

Dual spec will be a definate for me, just cant bring myself to spend 7k in one moment (epic, coldweather flying and dual spec) :lol:
olih27

Postby halabar » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:11 am

wowaoegr wrote:Here is a guide for Wow aoe protection paladin grinding:
http://www.wow-aoe-grind.com/paladin
Check out the epic vids and updated list of grind spots for Cataclysm

This link smells fishy...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:39 am

It's clean.. very silly but it is clean..

Why would anyone follow that instead of dungeon Q'ing is beyond me..
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby poptart » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:45 am

Holy Necro, Batman!

:)

Poptart
poptart

Postby valura » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:32 am

poptart wrote:Holy Necro, Batman!

:)

Poptart

only 1.067.640 minutes to respond.
cut the man some slack, poptard, this isn't a race
:P :P :P
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (90) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (90) Prot | Hashishin (90) Combat | Arishem (90) Blood | Maurgane (90) Frost | Bova (90) Bear |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (76) Resto | Shoju (51) WW | Wærloga (63) Destro | Dejiko (50) Prot |
Draenor >>> Kenesha (90) Resto | Qedesha (80) Disc | Lanthlasa (52) BM | Xiaohongquan (73) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
valura
Maintankadonor

Location: outer ring of the 7th circle of Hell (aka Kul Tiras EU - Horde side)

Previous

Return to General