[10] Ulduar order or progression?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Ulduar order or progression?

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:54 am

Isetnefret wrote:Our progression issue is going to be getting our best DPS in the same raid.

Our policy doesn't play favorites and raid sign-ups are FCFS. While we have performance requirements to be allowed to sign up, they are forgiving enough that a couple people just barely meeting them will put the raid out of reach for hard modes.

On the other hand, we do have enough people over the 4000 dps mark (10 mans) to fill out all DPS slots with them.

Or you can hold independent raids with a focus on hard modes that have a different set of requirements. This is what I do. If I decide we're doing hard mode Thorim one week (and we have yet to down that hard mode), I'll set up an independent raid for that encounter and change the rules. Normally we're lax about who we accept so long as they're enchanted, gemmed and geared appropriately. But for hard modes I create a separate set of rules that highlight to players that if others are better equipped than them and/or know the fights better than them, they'll be invited first.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Threatco » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:43 am

Take the best of whats available when you start the raid.

And kick/replace scrubs as you go as better people log on.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Panzerdin » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:11 pm

How many guilds do you think have the luxury of doing that?
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Belloc » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:50 pm

If you don't have the luxury of doing that, you don't really have any business doing the hard modes. Hard modes are for exceptional players -- if you don't have that many good players, you can't complete the hard modes. So it's really a moot point.
Belloc

Postby fafhrd » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:10 pm

Nothing wrong with trying with what you have. So long as you don't blame it on someone else if what you haven't isn't up to the task.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Isetnefret » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:05 pm

It's not about luxury.

The margin between my very best geared raids and my very worst might be a thin one. I'm not going to tell someone in full T8 that they can't come to a hard-mode run simply because someone with a few pieces of T9 wants to go.

It's FCFS because that's the most fair way I can think of to do it. At any given time, I have 15-18 people that one to go on a single 10 man run. I take the first 10 that sign-up to fill the rolls I need.
Isetnefret . . - . . Gavoryn

Those of you on the port side of the plane can look out and see the Grand Canyon. Those of you on the starboard can look out and see a cloud shaped like a horsey.
Isetnefret

Postby Belloc » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:20 pm

Isetnefret wrote:It's not about luxury.

The margin between my very best geared raids and my very worst might be a thin one. I'm not going to tell someone in full T8 that they can't come to a hard-mode run simply because someone with a few pieces of T9 wants to go.

It's FCFS because that's the most fair way I can think of to do it. At any given time, I have 15-18 people that one to go on a single 10 man run. I take the first 10 that sign-up to fill the rolls I need.

That wasn't my point and I thought that I made that quite clear. Some players are simply not skilled enough to handle hard modes. If you have too many such players, you cannot complete hard modes. At that point, you either replace the poorly performing players or you skip the hard modes entirely.

I have some people in my guild that are extremely well geared. They also are not good at performing. If I have more than 2 or 3 of them in my raid, we simply cannot put out the numbers or survive long enough to complete hard modes. That's all there is to it.

So, you either have the luxury to replace those players... or you don't do hard modes. If you don't have players like that in your guild, then I'm not talking about you.
Belloc

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon