[Ret-PVE] How does our DPS rank in ulduar?

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: [Ret-PVE] How does our DPS rank in ulduar?

Postby Perrigrin » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:22 am

Joanadark wrote:As far as DPS is concerned, Hand of Reckoning is a massively important tool for yog. glyphed seal of righteousness works just fine for p1 and p2, and SoV is great for p3 because it keeps ticking during gaze.

I'm probably being a bit daft, but how does Hand of Reckoning help when I'm ret in P1 & 2?
Perrigrin

Postby Joanadark » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:13 pm

Hand of Reckoning is fully usable on all tenticles. This is because they all have aggro tables, and are tauntable, but simply have no threat-cased attacks.
This means that you can get in an extra attack every 8 seconds off the GCD that crits for 9k when killing corruptor, constrictor, crusher, and influence tenticles. Its long ranged, like exorcism, and thus can be fired off at distant targets while running. Its damage you can contribute to the Crusher tenticles even when they are not stunned and you cannot go in melee range.

The most important function of HoR, however, is its ability to pop our Influence tenticles.
When you enter the brain room, influence tenticles are hidden in their other disguised form. The first attack you hit them with transforms them into the Influence Tenticle, but the damage of that first attack is completely wasted, it doesnt go towards reducing the tenticle's health. The function of HoR in the brain room is that you can zap the tenticle you are assigned to with this long-ranged, low-damage attack simply to pop it out into it's true form before you even reach it, resulting in it effectively taking you one less GCD to kill your tenticle than it would otherwise take you if your first normal attack gets wasted. This is especially useful on the tenticles located farthest from the arrival point, that take longest to reach. By popping them out prior to reaching them in this manner, you are effectively compensating for 1.5 seconds of your travel time as if the tenticle was located that much closer.

Unfortunately, both the brain and Yog him(her?)self are immune to HoR, and you obviously dont want to taunt an add because it will turn and kill you. But having HoR in p2 presents a significant advantage.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Sagedin » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:40 am

andx wrote:I have yet to find an arms warrior on my server that competes. Usually its me rogue and DK top 3 laying down somewhere in the neighbor hood of high 7ks in 10 mans

Andx, do you have any wowmeteronline or worldoflogs laying around from those. Because I must be doing something wrong, seeing as you seem to be doing 2k more dps then me in 10 mans (I am glad when I hit high 5k's).
Sagedin

Postby andx » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:05 am

Sagedin wrote:
andx wrote:I have yet to find an arms warrior on my server that competes. Usually its me rogue and DK top 3 laying down somewhere in the neighbor hood of high 7ks in 10 mans

Andx, do you have any wowmeteronline or worldoflogs laying around from those. Because I must be doing something wrong, seeing as you seem to be doing 2k more dps then me in 10 mans (I am glad when I hit high 5k's).

I'd gladly throw one up, I'm pretty happy with my dps lately, picked up the weap from ToC25 and hitting stuff pretty hard. Upgrading most of my stuff from 226 to 232/245s makes a huge difference.
Maybe I just have a disease or an addiction to tanking, my gf says I'm a masochist I say I like it rough, either way I'm a tank and I can't escape it.
andx

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes