[25] Gormok the impaler question

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] Gormok the impaler question

Postby masterpoobaa » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:50 pm

His impales... Are they on a set timer, or would having higher avoidance reduce the chance of getting one (and thus incrases time before a 3 stack is taken).

Im just thinking of if i should go Dual stam trinkets (the black heart + Satrina's Impending scarab)
(36.6k unbuffed, 25% dodge, 20% parry, 12% block)
Or Stam/dodge (Satrina's Impending scarb + generals heart)
(35.2k unbuffed, 28% dodge, 20% parry, 12% block)
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Re: [25] Gormok the impaler question

Postby Salamandra » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:53 pm

They're on a set timer and can't be avoided.
Salamandra

Postby masterpoobaa » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:18 pm

Kewl. EH it is then!
ty
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Lisson » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:19 pm

So are 3 tanks needed? or can u do 2 tanks
Lisson

Postby Salamandra » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:33 pm

On normal mode, 2 is fine. I bet you could do it with one waiting until 5 or so then bubble/unbubbling, although it would be completely pointless since single-tanking the worms on 25-man would be rather unhelpful.

On heroic, I don't know. I'm sure that with killing the snobolds and good tanks/healers you could do it with 2, although 3 might be preferable.
Salamandra

Postby Lisson » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:37 pm

wow sry, competely spaced. i totally put this in the wrong spot lol. ment for hard modes but this was for normal.

sigh, server was down for 7 hours longer than expected, was semi distraced by angry guildies on vent lol

edit: nvm, doesnt matter. Anub and Koralon didnt spawn on our server. GG a week behind
Lisson

Postby Oldpappa » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:21 am

Like many, we did heroic Northrend Beasts last night as well as Jaraxxus and Champs ...

We used two tanks on the beasts .... 2 prot pallies

engage - 1st tank takes 3 debuffs, I taunt, right after the 4th debuff (essentially when the first tanks debuff falls off) he taunts, then I wait till my debuff falls off then I taunt ... usually he is almost dead by that time.... the pally that I taunted is off in position to pick up dreadscale, then after he is dead, I join him.

By the way, we both bubble to clear the debuff ... in preparation for the worms.

We use a lock tank on the immobile one... with the us two prot pallies taking turns on getting the fire buff to spread around...

Hope that helps, so yea, we just use two tanks and Prot pallies make this fight really easy - clearly you don't need prot pallies, but Ardent Defender is such a great safety net.
Oldpappa

Postby Treck » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:30 am

Oldpappa wrote:Like many, we did heroic Northrend Beasts last night as well as Jaraxxus and Champs ...

We used two tanks on the beasts .... 2 prot pallies

engage - 1st tank takes 3 debuffs, I taunt, right after the 4th debuff (essentially when the first tanks debuff falls off) he taunts, then I wait till my debuff falls off then I taunt ... usually he is almost dead by that time.... the pally that I taunted is off in position to pick up dreadscale, then after he is dead, I join him.

By the way, we both bubble to clear the debuff ... in preparation for the worms.

We use a lock tank on the immobile one... with the us two prot pallies taking turns on getting the fire buff to spread around...

Hope that helps, so yea, we just use two tanks and Prot pallies make this fight really easy - clearly you don't need prot pallies, but Ardent Defender is such a great safety net.

Sure your talking about 25man Heroic? taking 4debuffs feels like unnessesary strain on your healers if you even survive it.
We do it with 2 tanks, with no more than 2 debuffs ticking at a time.
On worms we just use one tank for each worm.
Treck

Postby Oldpappa » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:18 am

Yes - I'm talking about 2 tanks on heroic mode 25

well, right at 4 debuffs the first set of debuffs should be falling off - honestly its not that big a deal to heal it ... easy mode

the reason why we have 3 tanks (2 prot 1 lock) is because of Burning debuff, that allows us to have a tank run around and cleanse the poison... pretty easy once you get the strat down.
Oldpappa

Postby Treck » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:29 am

Oldpappa wrote:the reason why we have 3 tanks (2 prot 1 lock) is because of Burning debuff, that allows us to have a tank run around and cleanse the poison... pretty easy once you get the strat down.

You can do this while tanking. Problem we found was to get others with the burning debuff to free the tank tanking Dreadscale, not that it was a problem it was mainly just poor play from them.
Treck

Postby Kishandra » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:40 am

We killed the beasts on heroic with two tanks, our first one getting 5 stacks of impale, getting a hop, then the second one getting 4 stacks, with cooldowns used after the second impale. The reason why you can safely do this is that Gormok's damage ramps up significantly throughout the fight - tanks stand a higher chance of being gibbed with 1 stack at the end than they do with 4 stacks at the start.

We initially started with 3 but after icehowl enraged at 20% a few times with everyone alive, I figured we just needed the extra dps and it worked out. To take care of the first round of burning bile > poisoned players, we had a dps warrior shieldwall the first 10 sec of dreadscale to get the debuff, then our real tank taunted off while the dps war zipped around with intervene to get to the poisoned players.
Kishandra

Postby Tandors » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:31 am

What we did was have a druid and I tank the boss. I started out and tanked until I had 4 stacks of the debuff. Then the druid taunted off. He took it until 4 stacks as well while I just soaked up the damage from mine. Then when he got 4, I taunted and tanked until 4 again. He taunted off when his fell off and I bubbled. Usually the boss died by the time he got three stacks. Another pally BoP'd him to clear the stacks to grab the worm.
Tandors

Postby Salamandra » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:00 pm

Doing this on heroic 25-man, this is my course of action:

Take 6, other tank taunts, I bubble.
Other tank takes 4, I hop him.
I take the rest until it dies.

I once did take 6, had the other tank taunt, I bubbled/unbubbled, other tank died. I then took 7 before Gormok died, and had no way to remove them.

I'm quite confident I could solo tank heroic 25-man Gormok, although it's not really ideal, and would be pretty horrible for clearing poison in phase 2.
Salamandra

Postby Treck » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:34 am

IF your boping yourself from debuffs, make sure your other tank has some ticking, otherwise its a loss tbh.
If you take the first 5-6 stacks, then bubble, let the other tank tank or you continue tanking a few, then the other tank starts taking some in the end.
OR you have your friend take the first 2 debuffs, hardly anything noticable just some slight more healing on him aswell, then you take 3, then bubble out of those, take 2 more while his debuff is ticking off, then once you got 2, you let your friend take 2, BoP him let him take 2 more, so yours can tick off, and then you take the rest (if you take 2 stacks, worms will enter at that time)
That way you never effectivly tank him with more than 2 stacks, even 6stacks in the start is a strain for healers tbh. You might aswell use the BoP/bubble to remove your stacks while the other tank is trying to loose his debuffs. If you can solotank Garmok, just have a Lock or smth on the immovable add and solotank the moving mob, and its a one tank fight.
Treck

Postby badgermonkey » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:38 pm

Let the other tank take 2 stacks or so, then taunt. Stay up to 5 stacks, have him taunt. Bubble + Divine Sac/Hand of Sac. He *SHOULD* be able to tank to the end, then BoP him immediately.

Seems to be working anyway.
badgermonkey

Next

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon