[Northrend Beasts] Preperation for HEROIC/HM Boss #1

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[Northrend Beasts] Preperation for HEROIC/HM Boss #1

Postby MonkH » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:14 am

Any infomation anybody has found about this hardmode?

(not related to northrend beasts but just so i dont forget i heard jaraxxus and twin valykrs have new abilitys)
Daeden Prot Pala of EU-Frostmane.

Classes also played:
Druid, Warlock, Priest, Warrior, and now Paladin
MonkH

Re: [Northrend Beasts] Preperation for HEROIC/HM Boss #1

Postby Arkhen » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:20 am

Well this is for all hard modes
Source: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=19595072001&sid=1

On Gormok the Impaller:
- Impale hits MUCH harder (150% weapon damage instead of 100%weapon). Also the dot is ticking for 80% more damage than normal 25 andlasts 5 seconds longer. You can only let the debuff stack to 2 before aswitch so you'll need 3 tanks. It also means you get 2 tanks sittingthere with a massive DoT while a 3rd takes direct damage and a DoT.Even only stacking 2 debuffs in heroic mode, it will do more damagethan a 3-stack in normal mode.
- Snobolds increase his damage by 15% each time they go out, andhe has 5 to throw. The direct hit from Impale will be hitting for 35kat the end (after mitigation), and the dots will be ticking for hugeamounts of damage. You'll want to start using abilities to remove theDoT after the 2nd round of tanks, and also have tanks using cooldownswhile they are on the boss towards the end.

On Acidmaw and Dreadscale:
- The stationary Jormungar is going to own the raid if peoplearen't spread out. The acid will do about 5k every 2 seconds. If 1-2people have it, it's healable. But if 5 people are grouped up and getit, healers are going to struggle keeping them up along with the tanks.The burn debuff is really an issue though, because multiple people inthe raid with it are going to blow each other up. Burning Bile is 9kdamage every 2 seconds to anyone within 10 yards. That is instant deathfor the raid if even a few people get this.
- Enrage: You could kill them kind of far apart in normal 25, butin heroic if one enrages I don't think you'll be able to heal throughit. They need to go down together.

On Icehowl:
- Everyone HAS to spread out for his arctic breath. Normal 25 itdid 20k damage over 5 seconds.. not enough to kill a raid member. Inheroic it does 30k damage over 5 seconds. If more than a few people gethit with this, a few of them will die. Healers especially need to bespread apart, since multiple healers getting stunned for that spellwill kill the raid.

On Jaraxxas:
-New spell The Touch of Jaraxxus inflicts 3900 to 4100 Shadowdamage for 12 sec and causes nearby players to be effected by Curse ofthe Nether. An Aoe dot, spread out, may be able to be decursed.
-New spell Mistress' Kiss Next spell with a cast time interrupts that school for 8 sec and causes 8288 to 8712 Shadow damage.
-Incinerate Flesh increased to 85k healing instead of 60k.
-Buring Inferno (the raid wide AoE caused by healers not keeping upwith Incinerate Flesh) now ticks for 8k per second for 5 seconds, soits a wipe if the healers are not quick enough.
-Mistress of Pain's Pain Spike now does 100% of a targets health over time.
-The fire from Legion flame now ticks for 12k.

On Twins:
-New spell Touch of Ligh/Dark The Val'kyr's Light touch hasaffected you, inflicting 4388 to 4612 Light damage to players under theeffect of Dark Essence every 1 sec. The Touch of Light will not harmtargets with the same attributes as it.
-New spell Surge of Light/Dark Pulsing a Surge of Light Inflicting 1500 damage every 2 sec to Dark enemies.
-Shield health increased from 700k to 1.2 million.

On Anub'arak
-Leeching swarm ticks for 20% of health as opposed to 10% per second.
-New add Nerubian Ice Darter.
Arkhen

Postby Worldie » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:51 am

Assuming they are true (i trust Tankspot for them to be), this seembs to make the fight MUCH more interesting.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:09 am

I was curious so went on wowhead and checked skills, they all match what stated by tankspot.

Now, talking about Gormok, i'm wondering if the time between each application of the DoT has been increased in heroic, cause else if you taunt every 2 stacks you'll incurr into taunt DR
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby smeej » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:17 am

Wish we had more information specific to 10-player. Oh well, gonna head in with the same group I've been using as we're mostly hybrids and can switch people to tank or healing rather quickly. Two paladins with DS /cancelaura macros should be able to make the Impales manageable.

Doesn't seem like much changed for Northrend Beasts, people just HAVE to do what they are supposed to. Kill snobolds immediately, cancel Paralytic Toxin /don't stand in raid with Burning Bile, spread out on Arctic Breath. I've been trying to get my raid to take Coliseum seriously even tho it's intensely easy by reminding them constantly that we've been in the tutorial for five weeks and can now fight the real bosses. When you do normal coliseum this week, make sure to tell people that all the little things they aren't doing are going to wipe the raid in Heroic. :D
smeej

Postby andx » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:48 am

Arkhen wrote:Well this is for all hard modes

Missing faction champs. Whats the deal with them?
Maybe I just have a disease or an addiction to tanking, my gf says I'm a masochist I say I like it rough, either way I'm a tank and I can't escape it.
andx

Postby Worldie » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:49 am

Apparently nothing can be said from their abilities, they don't have a "heroic" version.

My guess is that there'll be more of them. They can't really boost their damage, else it would just turn into a random RNGibfeast.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:50 am

smeej wrote:Two paladins with DS /cancelaura macros should be able to make the Impales manageable.

You don't really need 2 paladins, one is enough. DS for self, HoP for the other tank

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby smeej » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:02 am

Yeah, most of that was poorly phrased. I was referring more to my own raid and less to what people should bring.
smeej

Postby Spectrum » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:08 am

Worldie wrote:Apparently nothing can be said from their abilities, they don't have a "heroic" version.

My guess is that there'll be more of them. They can't really boost their damage, else it would just turn into a random RNGibfeast.

Ugh... Faction Champions are already a pain in the arse on 10-man, and it already feels like a Gibfest. Sometimes two DPS will get on our healers between CC and get some nice crits and they're down in < 1 second.

(I like how you called it a Gib feast).
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:00 pm

Well, I was excited about trying this tomorrow... but not so much anymore. I don't trust my raid to be able to manage phase 2 beasts.
Belloc

Postby smeej » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:03 pm

Yeah, that's the one that concerns me. We've not quite mastered "don't stand in raid with Burning Bile".
smeej

Postby Arkhen » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:18 pm

andx wrote:
Arkhen wrote:Well this is for all hard modes

Missing faction champs. Whats the deal with them?

Sorry havent found anything on Tankspot or wowforums for them, i assume more health, maybe extra ones or even more DR on CC...today we might know for sure
Arkhen

Postby Worldie » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:26 pm

I went personally checking most of the skills and they are in Wowhead database.

There's no "heroic" version of the Faction Champions skills however, so the heroic version isn't a damage increase (luckily)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Funtodin » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:48 pm

Worldie wrote:
smeej wrote:Two paladins with DS /cancelaura macros should be able to make the Impales manageable.

You don't really need 2 paladins, one is enough. DS for self, HoP for the other tank

^ This. Shouldn't even need one, if there's a ret and a holy paladin to use hand of protection. HoP will remove the DoT.
Funtodin

Next

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon