Remove Advertisements

[Death Knight] TPS Issues: Help!

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Death Knight] TPS Issues: Help!

Postby Vioarr » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:06 am

So I've been trying to get some heroic gear on my DK and I've been running into real issues with keeping threat on multiple targets. I've been running heroics with guildies so I'm pretty embarassed because I've never had issues with threat on my paladin. Perhaps it's because of the fact that I geared up at the same level with my paladin, and now my DK is a bit behind in ilvl in comparison to my group member's gear, but I just feel like I'm doing something wrong. As such, I would like to change it and try improve my rotation/gear etc.

Here's the armory link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Telumirae

My typical rotation on AOE packs is: D&D > IT > Pestilence > HB > OB > OB > OB

Am I doing something wrong or is it just a gear issue?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Vioarr
Maintankadonor

Re: [Death Knight] TPS Issues: Help!

Postby Gerunna » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:41 am

Something you might try is using the Glyph of Howling Blast in place of the IT glyph. This reduces your starting rotation to DnD -> HB -> BB since the HB effectively takes care of the IT-Pest combo, not to mention loading a ton of snap aggro at the start of the fight. You might also try points in Morbidity for more DnD's. If you can get another DK or enhance shaman to take care of the melee haste buff, I'd ditch Icy Talons for full points in Killing Machine and spend the procs on HBs.
ImageImage
Gerunna

Re: [Death Knight] TPS Issues: Help!

Postby Levantine » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:48 am

Fear my powers of thread necromancy, but I just thought I should help out.

The above poster is right in advocating the Howling Blast glyph for heroics, but wrong in his rotation. Why? Tundra Stalker. Your Death and Decay will do 15% more damage (and threat) if you go HB -> DnD -> BB for the first set of runes. Groups in heroics generally have their mobs grouped close enough to each other that you can tag all of them with some baseline threat with the Howling Blast, so you won't have to worry about a healer grabbing aggro while you set up a Death and Decay.
Levantine

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes