Remove Advertisements

How to Solo Garr: A Guide for Warrior and Paladin Tanks

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: I got mine!

Postby Scarzi » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:49 pm

LordoftheLeftHand wrote:Woot, thanks to this guide and some luck I managed to get my Thunderfury!

Ok next step, hand of rag...

Think it is possible to solo Major Domo / Rag?

LLH

You can solo both of them but unfortanely you have to kill everything to get majordomo. As for Rag, you just have to stand in spot where you land in lava without taking fall damage and use seal of light. You will run low on mana but when the adds come out they recharge you to 100%
Last time I checked, 38% dodge is better then stacking stamina.
Scarzi

Re: How to Solo Garr: A Guide for Warrior and Paladin Tanks

Postby lanmans » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:56 am

Well, been soloing garr since level 70 where you had to invis pot, wait 15minutes, pot again, pull, get 2 billion block and 102.5 avoidance for afk white hitting it for 2 hours...2 years and 100 resets later I finally got my FIRST binding....ya Im pathetic.
lanmans

Postby Shayna » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:35 am

Just got Garr's binding on my second solo kill ever. You just know I'm never gonna get the Geddon-binding though.. :P
Shayna

Postby Leuthas » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:53 am

They way I solo Rag consists of toughing out the fall damage - I stand where I always do, say exact spot. Domo is just a long fight, I take out the shorter adds first, then the large ones. I rarely go under 95% hp and 99% mana on that fight. Sulfuron Harbinger is all about waiting for the healers to go OOM, pretty simple. Gehennas is pretty difficult, but doesn't take long once you get used to it.

Gehennas, Garr, Sulfuron Harbinger, Domo and Rag pretty much have to be done as Prot, in my opinion.
Why can't a Warrior Thunderclap while silenced?

You're actually clapping your thighs together with a force so powerful that you generate a sonic boom and the resulting electrostatic energy. Unfortunately, when you're silenced, you can't generate the audible force from your thunder thighs.

Leuthas
Maintankadonor

Postby bonegrisle » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:18 pm

Im so trying this tonight...thanks for the info. Haven't really been back to MC since BC but looks like ill be hanging out there for the next few days :)
bonegrisle

Postby fructi » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:09 am

I have my Geddon binding, and farming Garr each week... gief!
fructi

Postby Kelaan » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:40 am

Same here. I'm kicking myself for forgetting to farm him for two months. I find the Most Safe route to tank him in prot gear but with ret spec (and 2H)... but it takes like 2x or 3x as long as doing it as ret in ret gear. d'oh.
Kelaan

Postby sleku » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:20 pm

After 2+ years, I HAS THUNDERFURY! :D
sleku

Postby Kelaan » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:01 am

Congrats! :-) Garr is my new weekly raid quest, as that's all I have left.
Kelaan

Postby fructi » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:28 am

sleku wrote:After 2+ years, I HAS THUNDERFURY! :D

Congrats! :D

I hope I will get that binding from garr soon, Then all thats left is to kill Rag, and get 2 more elementium bars and kill Thunderaan =)
fructi

Postby Kelaan » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:26 am

Last night after wiping on ICC heroic modes, I went to beat up Garr. Lo and behold, I now have both bindings (and all the other required items)! :D Rise, Thunderfury!

I am giddy with excitement. As I went to bed, the last thing I remember thinking was "I can't wait to post about this at Maintankadin...". :D

What did you do to make it a special event? Did you invite friends? Did you (can you?) solo Thunderaan? (I don't know what the damage intake is like.) I've decided to postpone getting the sword until at least September 8, so that I can invite people in my previous guild to come party too. The anticipation is eating me up. If it weren't for fun partytimes with friends, I'd be going to try to do this tonight.
Kelaan

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:48 am

I made it a guild event on the in game calendar and invited people I knew in game from my time playing it. I was surprised and awed by the number of people who turned up.

He uh... dropped very very easily. You could easily solo it.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Necrolite » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:24 am

My DK has thunderfury now along with my paladin, even after 4.0.1 it's still a breeze to solo. just need rag to drop the eye now sigh
Necrolite

Postby Leuthas » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:48 am

So every boss in MC can be solo'd as Ret now. Gehennas seems to be the most difficult.
Why can't a Warrior Thunderclap while silenced?

You're actually clapping your thighs together with a force so powerful that you generate a sonic boom and the resulting electrostatic energy. Unfortunately, when you're silenced, you can't generate the audible force from your thunder thighs.

Leuthas
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:30 am

Everything can be soloed stupidly easily (albeit slowly) as prot with a PotI/WoG build. Sulfuron takes a while since you have to wait for the priests to run out of mana, or get lucky with burst. I've tried pulling a couple packs of trash at the same time to give the priests more targets to heal, but I don't think it actually saves much time. This fight takes me about ten minutes.

Rag takes two or three submerge phases. Positioning is important, as the most damage you'll take is from fall damage. If you have a parachute cloak this is trivial; if not you'll have to pay attention and keep a store of 3HP ready before each ejection.

Almost forgot to do MC last week and went late Monday, and got Geddon's binding.

Thunderaan can be soloed. He doesn't do anything remotely interesting.

Went again first thing Tuesday so I wouldn't forget (8 more runs to exalted), and Rag drops his thing. Went to TK later that evening ... but no Ashes, sadly, ruining the trifecta.

Pretty eventful pair of back-to-backs.

fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats