Remove Advertisements

[10] Price Check: Rusted Proto Drake runs.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

How much to sell a full 10 man GotUR Rusted Proto Drake run for.

5000 or less
No votes
32%
34%
19%
7%
50000 or more
8%

Total votes : 59

Re: [10] Price Check: Rusted Proto Drake runs.

Postby Aubade » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:27 pm

Joanadark wrote:youre actually selling mimiron's head? I surprised. Too many of our guys want it to even consider selling it.

=[ WTB
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Markoh » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:24 am

God I can't imagine bringing a buyer or an under-geared person for mim's head. I shutter just thinking about it.
Markoh

Postby Ruull » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:42 am

I guess it really comes down to the good of the guild vs the wants of one person. That's not to say that wanting the head is a bad thing but if people are willing to shell out that kind of cash it's kinda hard to pass up.

To me personally 310 is 310 the model it has is less of an issue.
Ruull, Might - Turalyon - US
Ruull

Postby Treck » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:53 am

Ruull wrote:To me personally 310 is 310 the model it has is less of an issue.

This is true, however the model tells you something about the person on it.
After about 15 Mimiron heads in the guild i could understand if you would sell it.
But as it is now, i dont see how a guild would benefit from 100k gold more than having ppl with the mount.
But, it will be more "common" at some point. Some servers ahead of others.
Treck

Postby Cakes » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:12 pm

Ruull wrote:I guess it really comes down to the good of the guild vs the wants of one person. That's not to say that wanting the head is a bad thing but if people are willing to shell out that kind of cash it's kinda hard to pass up.

Totally agree. We were planning for fueling our WotLK raiding clear back in Sunwell, and selling stuff from raids just happens to be the easiest way, as a guild, to do that. We had a stranglehold on the amani bear market too, usually selling 2-3 runs per lockout period. As we saw it, anything to make progression raiding less grueling and cheaper was to our advantage. The advent of the achievement system has just made things that much easier since people seem to be willing to pay absurd prices for titles and rare achievements.
Former GM and Raid Leader of Midwinter - US PVE Ysera
Cakes

Postby Joanadark » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:49 pm

Ruull wrote:I guess it really comes down to the good of the guild vs the wants of one person. That's not to say that wanting the head is a bad thing but if people are willing to shell out that kind of cash it's kinda hard to pass up.

We felt that way about proto drakes. a protodrake is a protodrake is a protodrake.
But the mimiron head was something new. We wanted to preserve that for a little while. Theres unlikely to be anything like it again.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby rlehm » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:47 am

I am interested in a Rusted Proto run. Will pay. Lemoncades@yahoo.com
rlehm

Postby Threatco » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:18 pm

Well Rlehm, come on over to Arthas server, I'll hook you up.

Completed our second sale run last night after we got mad skills in TogC 10.

This one wen't much smoother then the last one.

Last one we did it took us far too many tries on yogg, we pretty much had to grind it out. The customer was pre warned and was fine with it, but i wasn't, and the stress/lack of sleep from raiding that + ToC + Ulduar 25 still just turned me off it.

This time we did it over 2 weeks with a raid extension. 3 wipes. Wiped once on IC to my ret not moving out from stormcallers aoe in P2. One wipe on mimiron in p4. And 1 wipe caused by me DCing on yogg. Otherwise very smooth. I also don't run uld 25 anymore so that is a big chunk of hours back.

Charged 30k this time.

I think I may be more lucky then Brekkie, both customers so far have been high quality players who survived firefighter/yogg and did good dps.

I am hoping to charge 40k this time, and bring 2 customers.

I have been keeping track, and all the other guilds with the capacity to do this are too busy smashing their heads against TogC 25, which we don't bother with. We are the only ones who have sold any yet. With the rise in demand from people suspecting that the drake won't be available much longer, I spell some profit in the air.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Lunarowl » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:31 am

Well i am a 80 druid who needs 3 achievments for the meta for my rusted. I have stopped raiding on my druid now and i play on my paladin on a different server who has the mount. I would like to get it on both characters so the achievments i need is mimiron/general/yogg hard modes. Please reply to this if your guild is selling individual runs. I am a boomkin who pulls 5.5k-6k dps btw so you wont need to carry me. and i know all the hard mode fights.
Lunarowl

Postby guillex » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:07 pm

When did this turn from getting a price check on Proto Drake runs to actually ASKING people to get them runs?

Honestly.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby warden » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:13 am

So I know this is a bit of a necro, but in a drunken moment I promised a buddy (good destro lock) I'd check and see if anyone was still doing rusted/ironbound sales, so here it is. If anyone here is still interested in selling one, please shoot me a PM and I'll have him email or direct him to your guild/realm forums. Our realm's pugging environment is notoriously terribad, so yogg still isn't puggable (there's a private channel run by a rather elitist individual where most of the players from the progressed guilds pug, if he likes you, that further depletes the overall pug quality), and he said he's getting sick of them failing.
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelaan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:10 pm

I'll bump this as well, on the off chance that anyone notices. :)

I'm in the market for a One Light kill. I have all of the other achievements done, and have a raid ID saved at Yogg. I suspect that last part won't matter if I need to server transfer for a kill, though. :-( is still selling One Light kills, please let me know in PMs what you charge, and so forth. =) I'm on a US server in the Seattle datacenter; I can play 9pm-12am PST on most evenings. I'm willing to server transfer for this if I can't buy one from a guild on my server.
Kelaan

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon