OOM on General Vezax

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: OOM on General Vezax

Postby Belloc » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:38 am

You can still exorcism him =/
Belloc

Postby Serv » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:03 am

I didn't count our Vezax hard kills in 10 so far. I tanked him three times and luckily i got 2 rogues 1 rogue/hunter supporting me. I wouldn't be able to cope with the threat needed without them. Anyway, we want to go Vezax(25) hard this ID an I wonder if he hits slightly harder and if it is possible to soak the mini-enrage dmg to regain mana?
Thanks to LAVE for the sig

www.rent-a-tank.net ...:::... www.nil-gilde.net
Serv

Postby Belloc » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:14 am

Vezax 25-hard mode doesn't increase his melee damage, if that's what you're asking. He'll naturally hit harder than he will on 10-man, though.

My best recommendation is to just not cast consecration. I was able to tank him with no issue when I did that.

Surges still hurt, but you may be able to soak them a bit. Or you could arrange some sit-crits with your healers.

Now, a question of my own: Do you still need two tanks for the hard mode, or can a single tank handle the animus and Vezax? I'm guessing two are still required. After downing Heartbreaker-25 in, like, 3 attempts last night (with only about 2 previous attempts worth of work prior), I am itching to try new hard modes. With the nerfs to the fight, this one stands out to me :P
Belloc

Postby kram » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:43 pm

Its pretty easy to solo tank, biggest issue I had was a dps catch up on threat while I was trying to pool a bit of mana before the animus spawned although It wouldn't have been that bad if I were 2/2 SA.
kram

Postby Belloc » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:59 pm

kram wrote:Its pretty easy to solo tank, biggest issue I had was a dps catch up on threat while I was trying to pool a bit of mana before the animus spawned although It wouldn't have been that bad if I were 2/2 SA.

Are you referring to 10 or 25-man? I was referring to 25.
Belloc

Postby kram » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:33 pm

kram

Postby Serv » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:12 am

We did some attempts on Vezax25 hard last night. There are a few points i have to mention: he hits like a sissy. I drop Cons und and HotR - still OOM. Animus changes this. Soaking the surges isn't a big deal.
Anyway, next time a DK will tank it again and I'll be supporting the raid with my raidwall once the animus spawns and from there on we will be using chain CDs to keep the pressure as low as possible.

Guess we will be downing him on Sunday.
Thanks to LAVE for the sig

www.rent-a-tank.net ...:::... www.nil-gilde.net
Serv

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon