no joke, here's how the one shot went:
"so black bitch over there, white bitch over here"
"um do all dps have to help with shield? no?"
"yo check it out I'm glowing"
"Godamnit no trinket or staff..."
Roots

Re: [Twin Valkyrie] Preparation for Boss #4

Postby Psykewne » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:47 pm

another awesome boss that is just way too god damn easy making most of the mechanics pointless... seriously... this is easier than nax...

I'm very dispointed in this instance so far, it's really a joke and i can only hope the heroic modes will actually offer some challenge cause right now it's a complete waste of an instance as far as entertainment goes, such a pity cause the bosses are awesome and have excellent mechanics, just that the hp and dmg values end creating a laughable encounter.
Celestial Defender Psykewne, Death's Demise - Talnivarr EU
Psykewne

Postby Joanadark » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:05 pm

I have it on good authority that the hard mode for this boss will be extremely challlenging, for several reasons.
It'll be a massively technical fight, with a high personal performance standard. Similar in a lot of ways to Firefighter.

Don't dispair yet.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby smeej » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:06 pm

Yeah, in 10 we just had everyone focus on one Valkyr til we had a reason to swap colors, then we just beat up that Valkyr. Got the speed kill with tons of time to spare. I imagine on 25 I'll want to split dps just to make sure there are people hitting shields at all times, but I do not anticipate any difficulty.

I would like to now more about heroic, however! The mechanics are fantastic, it's just too easy.

Also, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikaruga >_>

Edit: Oh and I have a question, actually. Is there any reason not to tank the Valkyr together? I don't think they absorb attacks from raiders with the opposing color nor did I notice any kind of buff when they are too near.
smeej

Postby Keion » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:18 pm

Only had the DPS to remove shield only on one of them. Killed 2 seconds after the enrage as half of their heals went uninterrupted.

It's not a hard fight. It is similar to Netherspite with complex and sometimes hard to understand mechanics but once you understand it you do not fail again.

Edit: I mean Netherspite, not nightbane.
Last edited by Keion on Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arthas thought Stratholme is not cool enough and decided to perform some cooling.
Keion

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:17 pm

Joanadark wrote:Don't dispair yet.

Few people are having trouble with dat pair of angels, for sure.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:43 pm

heh
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Enkal » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:36 pm

We 2-shot it in 10-man last night. Used Petrus tactic for most part.

What we did and will do for 25-man is just split raid in half (for 25 man we'll just put each half in it's own vent channel) one grp in south half the other in the north part. North team clicks dark portal and then tank Fjola at the north light portal, when she does her vortex all click light and then run to north dark portal, click it and go back to her. Same thing but reversed for the dark one. It should work fine for any difficulty imho. :)
Enkal

Postby Ezharon » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:10 am

Down 1st try with around 2 min on enrage timer even if we've failed at interrup 3 heals... :?
Loatr Tankadin since patch 1.9
Ezharon

Postby Nalyn » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:18 am

Took us two tries, because our brainiac healers all decided they didn't need a color, so first ae cast (which was about 50% through the first attempt), all 5 healers died, good job guys! Second attempt we pretty much aced it. It seems like it COULD be a fun encounter, but with the way it was on Tuesday... you can just ignore 90% of what's going on.
Nalyn

Postby Dianora » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:41 am

Well, echoing what everyone have already said. Blizzard is fixing the encounter:

* 0. Val'kyr Twins Bug Fixes 08/26/2009 06:52:01 PM PDT

The following bug fixes to Val'kyr Twins were just deployed, and they will increase the overall difficulty of the encounter.

- Surge of Light and Surge of Darkness were not being cast properly on Normal difficulties.
- Light Vortex was doing less damage than Dark Vortex.

Along with those two major bug fixes, we also increased the rate with which the Concentrated Light and Concentrated Darkness spawns.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby fafhrd » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:03 pm

Barely sounds like it'll make it harder unless I'm missing something. Healers will have to heal more, dps will stack their buffs up quicker.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Joanadark » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:56 pm

those changes make a big difference towards hard mode. Particularly:
Along with those two major bug fixes, we also increased the rate with which the Concentrated Light and Concentrated Darkness spawns.

That change is pretty key, and is directly connected to:
- Surge of Light and Surge of Darkness were not being cast properly on Normal difficulties.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby fafhrd » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:27 pm

Given that one of those bugs was specific to normal mode anyway, I wasn't forming any opinions on their effects on hard mode. Normal mode still sounds very easy unless they increases the twin's HP, the shield's HP, or made light vortex actually fatal instead of just more damaging.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Enkal » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:23 pm

Our healers said that you could use 2 healers for the 25 man normal version as it is now. :roll: They kept me up with hots only. I really hope the hard mode is more challenging tbh. Fun mechanic of the fight tho. :D
Enkal

PreviousNext

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon