Remove Advertisements

Add-on Lockup Issue

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Add-on Lockup Issue

Postby Marwan » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:08 am

I just wanted to post here to see if anyone else has had this issue before and might know a quick solution before I have to go in an manually enable and test each add-on (or worse wipe everything and start again).

Essentially what's happening is I just re-did my UI from scratch and now randomly (different fights, different times during the fights) my entire UI just locks up and basically won't allow me to cast MOST of my abilities or use MOST of the functions of the UI.

I've noticed that during this time my FPS drops to like 3fps. The weird thing is that it locks me out of casting only SOME of my abilities. Divine Storm, Judgment work fine, but the rest of the abilities I have on my Bartender4 bars don't do anything. This also totally messes up Pitbull frames, causing them to go totally black and stop updating debuffs/health/casts/etc.

From what I've noticed this has ONLY happened in raid environments, and it's not just on one specific fight. A /reloadui will essentially fix everything, but that's not a very good solution when you're in the middle of a hard mode fight.

I'm running a decent bit of add-ons (here are the main ones):
Pitbull, Grid, KGPanels, Bartender4, etc

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this issue before or I'm forced to spot check every add-on.

Thanks for lookin'.
Marwan

Re: Add-on Lockup Issue

Postby _Chloe » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:30 am

Please post a full list of addons. Also make sure to update them all as well to astable release as some of the beta releases can do this as code optimizations are generally last.
_Chloe

Postby Marwan » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:43 am

I'm at work right now, I'll post a complete list of the add-ons I'm running when I get home.

I'm currently using the Curse updater ... do you know if that only updates on stable releases or does it just grab the newest(and often bete) releases that are uploaded to the site?

Thanks again for the help.
Marwan

Postby _Chloe » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:49 am

I have no clue on the curse updater. Sorry. There might be an option in there though for that.
_Chloe

Postby Marwan » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:57 pm

Here's my addon folder:

I'm going to try and raid tonight with the bare essentials and see what happens.
Marwan

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros