Remove Advertisements

Zul'Aman

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Zul'Aman

Postby Whitewolf » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:28 am

Hows it going?
With the release of 2.3...and ZA, I just had a question. Is there a necessityfor 2 full time tanks in this instance? Or is it like Kara. 1 Tank, with an Arms Warrior/Feral Druid with some tanking gear?

I just need to decide if I want to bring in a warrior as Prot, or Arms to offtank for me in ZA.
Whitewolf

Postby Joanadark » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:31 am

several fights require two tanks.
preferably of two different types.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Dorvan » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:31 am

I only spent a little time in ZA on the PTR, but my impression is that you probably want 2 spec'ed tanks your first run through at the very least....based on how that goes you could always consider an offspec tank for subsequent runs.
Last edited by Dorvan on Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Aalryn » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:35 am

I would say you need two tanks. The bear and dragonhawk bosses pretty much require it. That being said: for most of the pulls in this place, a paladin tank is prefered. When i went we had my GM warrior tank the skull while i tanked the other 2-4 mobs. When the skull hit 80% we aoe'd..

The dragonhawk boss with a paladin picking up eggs is trivial.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby Joanadark » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:38 am

Lynx boss requires 2 tanks, or at least two tanking classes in tanking gear.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Whitewolf » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:46 am

Perfect.
I'll have to get one of my Warrior guildies to make sure his tanking gears dusted off, and to respec.

Oh god...how I'm going to enjoy 15+K unbuffed HP >=D

Thanks for the help guys.

Haven't had a chance to read strats, or play on the PTR..so it's all going to be brand spanking new to me.
Whitewolf

Postby Scotthew » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:27 am

In my opinion it would be much more beneficial to have a primary fully-spec'd tank and a secondary hybrid tank (either a feral druid or a hybrid/dps warrior). The secondary tank would need good tanking gear for the fights he's tanking, but there's much more benefit in having a that player be useful for the fights he's not tanking. Paladins don't fill this secondary role very well since there is little we can contribute if we aren't tanking. Our dps is non-existent and anding a fourth healer is really over-kill. Adding a 6th dps is always advantageous. I plan to MT Zul'Aman with my paladin and bringing a well geared feral druid to cover secondary tanking and dps. When the druid is unavailable, we have a good fury warrior who can tank just fine with a gear swap.

-Scotthew
Scotthew

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:37 am

I plan on bringing a bear buddy.

Our guild is a little odd; we have a few bears, a tankadin, and one prot warrior. We haven't run into any content that requires more than one prot warrior (admittedly we haven't seen all THAT much 25 man stuff) -- we feel having two prot warriors in the raid is kind of gimpy, since if a prot warrior isn't tanking, he's kind of wasting a raid slot (lolprotdps). The bears can go all mew mew and at least put out respectable DPS.

At least when I'm not tanking I'm keeping up judgements and off healing and picking up loose mobs from half the instance away.

Yes, I can whine and bitch about prot warriors and holy priests all day long :)
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Dorvan » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:38 am

Scotthew wrote:In my opinion it would be much more beneficial to have a primary fully-spec'd tank and a secondary hybrid tank (either a feral druid or a hybrid/dps warrior). The secondary tank would need good tanking gear for the fights he's tanking, but there's much more benefit in having a that player be useful for the fights he's not tanking. Paladins don't fill this secondary role very well since there is little we can contribute if we aren't tanking. Our dps is non-existent and anding a fourth healer is really over-kill. Adding a 6th dps is always advantageous. I plan to MT Zul'Aman with my paladin and bringing a well geared feral druid to cover secondary tanking and dps. When the druid is unavailable, we have a good fury warrior who can tank just fine with a gear swap.

-Scotthew

Feral Druid is an ideal pairing imo because they aren't an offspec tank, but the real deal. Based on my limited experience in ZA I'd be very hesitant to bring a DPS warrior in for the 2nd tanking slot, the demands on the 2nd tank are much higher than they are in Kara from what I can tell.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Return to Zul'aman