Remove Advertisements

Avoidance Formula's (Theorycrafting)

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Avoidance Formula's (Theorycrafting)

Postby PtrN1026 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:39 pm

I was wondering if anyone knows or knows where i can find the formulas used by wow to calculate avoidance (miss/parry/dodge) based on your characters stats. I am working on a spreadsheet that will show how your avoidance changes when you change your stats, but I cannot find clear cut formulas anywhere. I found a page for dodge on Wowwiki but there fairly unclear on what variable is what and what each formula is for. My pre-DR calculations where about 4% off so I know I messed up somewhere.

Any help is greatly appreciated
PtrN1026

Re: Avoidance Formula's (Theorycrafting)

Postby Jerey-Darkspear » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:17 pm

You could pull it out of the Matlab or Spreadsheet that are sticked in this forum, I suppose. I was going to grab it out of the spreadsheet, but I just found out it's only being published in ODS format now and I have no desire to download open office when Excel is the wider standard. I'll check the m files right fast though.

http://8867584496499615336-a-1802744773 ... H72RnK8w9_ contains your formulas. Enjoy.
Jerey-Darkspear

Postby theckhd » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:44 am

avoid_dr.m contains all the formulas you'd need. It's written in MATLAB syntax, but it should be pretty easy to understand (.* is multiply, ./ is divide, and the variables are pretty self-explanatory). The notation is taken from this tankspot link, and is pretty standard (k and c for the DR and cap constants).
Last edited by theckhd on Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby PtrN1026 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:15 pm

Thanks for the help and the links, much appreciated.
PtrN1026

Postby Audrix » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:08 am

I have this code I picked up during tBC. I still use it during WoTLK but I think the values have changed and alot of the TC behind it too. I'm looking through the forum at the moment for answers about the avoidance value for 3.2.
Code: Select all
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(string.format("Need 102.4 avoidance. Currently: %s",floor((GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance()+5+(GetCombatRatingBonus(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)+UnitDefense("Player")-5*UnitLevel("Player"))*0.04)*100)/100))

Enjoy!
Audrix

Postby æ » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:09 pm

Audrix wrote:I have this code I picked up during tBC. I still use it during WoTLK but I think the values have changed and alot of the TC behind it too. I'm looking through the forum at the moment for answers about the avoidance value for 3.2.
Code: Select all
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(string.format("Need 102.4 avoidance. Currently: %s",floor((GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance()+5+(GetCombatRatingBonus(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)+UnitDefense("Player")-5*UnitLevel("Player"))*0.04)*100)/100))

Enjoy!

Not accurate as it doesn't floor def. (and how often does blizzard not floor calculations srsly?)

Try the one I made at my old guide. Still relevant.
http://www.wowhead.com/?forums&topic=88954
10 SIN
20 GOTO HELL
æ

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations