Running BWL

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Running BWL

Postby Arees » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:50 pm

Last week I got the right half of the Thunderfury binding, so I decided to go ahead and start farming the mats to smelt the elementium. So this last Sunday night, I took a group of 8 people from my guild, thinking it would be cake at 80, but we made it to the 4th boss and wiped 4 times and then called it.

I have an ony cloak, but no one else did. I was tanking as ret and not prot, so we had 6 dps and 2 priest healers, both of whom said they could not keep up with the damage.

I extended the raid ID last night (I love that feature) and I'm hoping to get some people in to try again, but I don't know what to do different. I've done BWL plenty of times at 70 and a few times at 80, all for kicks mostly, and never had this problem.

Any suggestions?
Arees

Re: Running BWL

Postby Tubben » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:17 pm

It IS possible, that only the Tank is in the LoS of the AE, while the healer are not.

I try to explain it, but well.

x <O
...--------
....h
......h

x = tank
<o = dragon
h = healer
---- = wall

x is you, the dragon is right in front of you, the healer are right behind the wall and have a LoS to you, while the dragon has no LoS to them.

The DD's have to run out and in.
Tubben

Postby Arees » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:31 am

I just got my 2nd binding piece!!!! After running that place over and over on my old main and never seeing a single one drop, I had 2 drop within 3 weeks of each other. All I have to do now is collect my elementium and I'll be able to go make my Thunderfury.

Maybe I can motivate people in my guild to come with me if they know I have both my bindings...
Arees

Postby Arees » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:57 am

I've read that it was possible to solo BWL once you get past the first 2 bosses... I keep extending my raid ID that has me saved up to the Broodlord being dead.

How should I go about soloing it? Do I need fire resist (I have the TBC badge FR pieces still)? I have an ony cloak. Would putting up SoL and maybe JoL and wearing my block set be enough to keep my hp topped off?

Firemaw has about 1 million hp, and if I was able to pull off 2k dps (not likely if I'm using SoL) it would take me almost 8.5 minutes to kill him. I'm thinking it will be stupid to try and solo it mostly because it will take so long, and a death means a ton of wasted time.

Would going ret and using SoL/JoL be viable? That's what I've been doing to solo geddon every week.
Arees

Postby Tropicana » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:24 pm

WATERBOYsh wrote:I just got my 2nd binding piece!!!! After running that place over and over on my old main and never seeing a single one drop, I had 2 drop within 3 weeks of each other. All I have to do now is collect my elementium and I'll be able to go make my Thunderfury.

Maybe I can motivate people in my guild to come with me if they know I have both my bindings...

I hate you
Tropicana

Postby Auroris » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:04 pm

Tropicana wrote:
WATERBOYsh wrote:I just got my 2nd binding piece!!!! After running that place over and over on my old main and never seeing a single one drop, I had 2 drop within 3 weeks of each other. All I have to do now is collect my elementium and I'll be able to go make my Thunderfury.

I hate you
"Someday the Glory will Fade and only Memories will remain."
Auroris

Postby Arees » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:51 am

I still can't get enough people to run BWL. Someone I know is going to give me 4 ore.

I'm saved up to the first dragon, anyone have any tips for soloing the packs that have the goblins in them? I tried to do that last night and failed utterly. I was wearing my block set, using SoL and JoL. The goblins dynamite hit pretty bad, and the spell casters were hurting me pretty bad too.
Arees

Postby Tropicana » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:05 pm

Keep moving and the dynamite won't hit you.
Tropicana

Postby forerx » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:48 am

I don't know what to do different. I've done BWL plenty of times at 70 and a few times at 80, all for kicks mostly, and never had this problem.
forerx

Postby Arees » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:20 pm

I ended up just buying my ore because its pretty much impossible to get into BWL. Additional instances can not be launched ftl.

I got my Thunderfury last night. Had a warrior that I know that got Thunderfury at level 60 come help me... It was fun.

What enchant should I put on it? Do enchants show on it?
Arees

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:23 pm

WATERBOYsh wrote:I ended up just buying my ore because its pretty much impossible to get into BWL. Additional instances can not be launched ftl.

I got my Thunderfury last night. Had a warrior that I know that got Thunderfury at level 60 come help me... It was fun.

What enchant should I put on it? Do enchants show on it?

Mongoose. Yes, it shows.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:24 pm

I also put Mongoose on mine. (And I sometimes tank with it in heroics.) Although I occasionally get blasted by random people for not putting Crusader on it.

Congrats on the weapon. :)
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Arees » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:32 pm

Nikachelle wrote:And I sometimes tank with it in heroics.

Thats what I plan on doing with mine =D

Mongoose it is then. Mongoose adds lightning right? Sounds like a good enchant for TF then if it does...
Arees

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:36 pm

WATERBOYsh wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:And I sometimes tank with it in heroics.

Thats what I plan on doing with mine =D

Mongoose it is then. Mongoose adds lightning right? Sounds like a good enchant for TF then if it does...

It adds lightning, but be aware that the shade of the lightning effects is not the same shade as the weapon itself. TF is a very true clear blue. The Mongoose enchant adds a slightly turquoisy tint to the weapon. I don't mind it, but some people aren't keen.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby phaqueue » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:48 pm

Tropicana wrote:

I hate you

I got both bindings one week after the other :)

now just need 7 more elementium ore/bars...

too bad I don't have the tons of gold I used to - it would be much easier to find them...

oh well - time to get a BWL group together...
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Next

Return to General Strats