Reckoning worth it in 3.2 with the changes to SoCorr/SoV?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: Reckoning worth it in 3.2 with the changes to SoCorr/SoV?

Postby Drezdizzle » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:08 pm

I'm the MT for our guild and switched quickly to a SotP/Reckoning Build after 3.2. Gearing mainly for EH, I'm always pushing myself to generate more threat, so I've taken care to swap to a couple hit pieces as well, ensuring that the added SoV swings connect. I swore by Pursuit of Justice (aka Pursuit of Wine glasses) for some time but swapped that out to Tuskarr's Vitality to free up some talents. The output is phenomenal, and wings can be saved for extra damage gimmicks rather than an early boost. It remains to be seen how this will be affected by 3.2.2 changes to threat, and the loss of Vengeance damage when I lose the t8 bonus. Reckoning was always a fun talent, and I feel it's more than viable once again.

edit: also, a SotP/Reckoning spec with a BV suit is awesome for those Triumph Heroic dailies :)
Drezdizzle

Re: Reckoning worth it in 3.2 with the changes to SoCorr/SoV?

Postby Solitatis » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:34 am

I used a 5/*/* (with reck) build for a while doing Ulduar 25 man, and it worked out nicely, due to the t8 set bonus, and it is a build that is viable (for that content), especially if you are maintanking hodir and the raid is riding your threat.

Looking on to ToC 10/25 man, crusade is the way to go, and ill add my reasoning:

1) All the monsters are either humans or undead, guaranteeing the "big" bonus from crusade.
2) I will be switching out my t8 for Toc 10 / 25 man loot.

So it is back to 0/53/18 for me, so I can maintank ToC content

My armoury profile: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostwhisper&n=Solitatis
Thought without action is a daydream.
Action without thought is a nightmare.
Solitatis

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents