Remove Advertisements

[10] Price Check: Rusted Proto Drake runs.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

How much to sell a full 10 man GotUR Rusted Proto Drake run for.

5000 or less
No votes
32%
34%
19%
7%
50000 or more
8%

Total votes : 59

Re: [10] Price Check: Rusted Proto Drake runs.

Postby wingman » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:36 am

Damn, Brekkie, you should've sold me a drake. Instead I had to go out and actually earn it. I will say this, there are ALOT of people out there that want these things, and Brekkie is absolutely correct that their is a "customer service" side to it. There's a ton of players that don't raid much, or have alts and they want to get rare mounts and achievments for them. I was in a guild on Windrunner that was 2nd in progression to Forlorn Legacy, and our delusional guild master decided that we were just as good and should start competing with them on sales and such. Well, before you start selling, you better make sure you have 9 people (or 23-24 in 25 mans) that can absolutely carry an inexperienced person that has no idea what they're doing. When someone is paying gold, and you're wiping, bad times. Kinda sad when alts from that guild (hell, even some mains) were paying FL for Sarth drakes or whatever, because the raids in our guild were so chaotic. Buyers don't want to pay for 10 wipes, and then a lucky kill. Also, being rude to the buyer won't bring them back. As Brekkie said, you treat the buyer well, they'll be buying from you again.
wingman

Postby Threatco » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:44 pm

So I have set up to sell my first run this friday. 20k with the expectation that it could take 6-7 ours with multile wipes mabey over 2 days. I am happy with that. If we do good I will see if we can bring up the price from there.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby fafhrd » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:09 pm

Hm. We've been offered 20k for the 10 man drakes. Gonna see if people are willing to do it. We've already carried some very undergeared guildies through the hardmodes so it should be ok, although I don't think we're at the point of having anyone be completely useless on firefighter yet.

Bear runs at 70 to raise money for the gbank were fun, and I think we got a fair bit of good will with the buyers since we treated them well. Rusted drake runs though I dunno, since there isn't the timer issue to keep everyone focussed, no one likes razorscale, and we're probably still shaky at carrying on firefighter. I very strongly dislike the idea of wiping with an outsider, especially one who is paying to be there.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Splug » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:56 am

Cakes wrote:
Splug wrote:How the hell are you guys getting so much for them? We barely had interest at 10k, and eventually decided for that much we'd rather just farm rape tentacles from alone in the darkness. The market between servers really is crazy...

-Splug

http://www.guildox.com/go/g.asp?a=2&r=Illidan-US&w=
http://www.guildox.com/go/g.asp?a=2&r=Windrunner-US&w=

My guess is that with competition from the likes of BL and Team Ice, a potential client probably has plenty of options. It might also be effected by the horde population on your server. You could confirm with Warpath and see if they get any business, I suppose.
Heh, 6 guilds with the GotUR achievement compared to 24. That could be a factor, yeah.

Good ol' overpopulated server. At least we're gaining on Mal'Ganis again for 25-man progression...

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Threatco » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:22 pm

Sold our first run this week. Was one of our smoothest runs. 3 shot firefighter (last 2 kills took 10+).

Got everything except 1 light between 12:00 am and 5 am. Not a world best time, but pretty darn good for us.

Will be finishing up 1 light on friday, and the gold is all ready in my pocket. :D

30k next time IMO

To his credit our customer was was pretty good for never being in ulduar before. He actualy survived to the end of our firefighter kill. Though we had over a min left on enrage so we didnt actualy need him.
Threatco

Postby Serv » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:23 am

He was really really lucky then I guess. Even if not. Surviving Firefighter as a random ... he can't be that bad. Offer him 4 weeks trial time in your guild ;)
Thanks to LAVE for the sig

www.rent-a-tank.net ...:::... www.nil-gilde.net
Serv

Postby Boèndal » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:01 am

Inspired by this thread we decided to sell some Drakes too. First run was yesterday. Took us 2 1/2 Hours to do everything (except Razorscale because luckily the buyer had it allready) and earn 25k. Only wipe was at Thorim P1 because our feral druid decided to meet me in that tunnel und left the melees alone in the arena :D

Was a quite interesting experience like someone else allready mentioned our people were focussed as hell except the missunderstanding at thorim and everything was really smooth.

The buyer was a Holy Priest healing about the half of each our healers because he was thinking going shadow would contribute even less. So I am looking forward to the next 2 runs with hunters as buyers and probably a bit more dps.

Are you guys selling Algalon keys or even kills? There were nearly as much questions about this as about the drake run itself.

PS: Excuse any mistakes :o as english is not my mature language
Boèndal

Postby Markoh » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:30 pm

Sold one last week for 50k, though we also tried to get as many other achievments as possible too. We also gave him gear b/c we were just going to de so we decided on keeping the customer happy.

We also sold this guy the heroic version for 100k gold, and in an hour we are selling him naxx version for 25k. Oh and to top it off we had him give us his account name/pass so WE could do the run at both our convenience and not with an idiot.

I think the avg on my server is like 15k for 10 man and maybe 40-50 for the heroic. It sucks trying to sell this stuff when you have like 5 guilds selling the heroic version, imo its not worth it. Doing dwarves for one buyer was by far the most aggravating thing I've done in this game since release.

Edt: I forgot the worst part. In the 10 man each of us got 1200 gold rest went to guild bank, and the entire gold from the 100k went into the gbank. I don't know about other guilds but repairs have been devastating our gbank since the release of naxx so we did this for the bank and HOPEFULLY we will be fine on money until at least cataclysm.
Markoh

Postby Threatco » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:45 pm

omg. getting the account name/pass would make this so much easier....

I will try suggesting it to the next guy.

SO much easier. wow

edit: shudders at the thought of covering my guilds repair costs

At this point I personaly manage the funds from BoE gear / shards. And when key raiders get low on funage, I toss them a 1000. My guild has 135 80s so even with a rank system paying for all repairs would be nuts.

Only have so many people because most our people can only show up 3-4 hours a day, 2-3 days a week. And not all at the same time. So our large numbers makes sure there are always people there for the main raid, and enough for make a couple alt raids. Worked so far to get 3rd progression 10 man. 6th 25 man. (im rambling..) but sometimes it almost feels like pugging within your own guild. Anways makes it interesting for me.
Threatco

Postby Markoh » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:58 pm

We used to have 500g a day repair for all raiders (trails don't get any of this), the frist couple weeks of ulduar drained the money so fast. At the end of sunwell we were at like 175k, after a couple weeks of ulduar we were at 70k b/c of the 10 man and 25 mans. We should be up to around 250k after we are done with selling stuff this week, HOPEFULLY that will be enough to never have to worry about it for a while.
Markoh

Postby Joanadark » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:43 pm

omg. getting the account name/pass would make this so much easier....

I will try suggesting it to the next guy.

SO much easier. wow

Be careful about this.
As tempting as it is to think that getting the person's account and having someone play them for them, my own guild decided against it for several reasons:
1) Some people would be offended by asking for their account info.
2) Do you really want to publicly propogate the information that your guild practices Terms of Use violation?
3) Two of the big draws for buying a drake in the first place are to a) get to see the fights and b) get to see a good guild do them, neither of which they get to experience with someone else playing their account for them.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Threatco » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:46 am

Got our first client his drake last night. And it was only our 2nd yogg +1 kill. 20k in the bank :D

Most of the run was smooth. Just 1 dumb wipe on FL. 2 wipes on mimiron. and.... about 20 wipes on yogg and we got it!

lol. Mabey we could of practiced yogg a bit more. Or having more people in the raid from the original drake team. But in the end the guy had fun, and was very happy. Got quite a bit of gear. And he had been forwarned of the chances on wiping.

Pretty sweet deal IMO
Threatco

Postby Joanadark » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:42 am

its a good feeling imo. i get a lot of satisfaction out of how happy sales runs make our buyers. Its always a pleasure to do them for me. I think that anyone who knocks on sales runs as diminishing the acheivements themselves doesnt appriciate how this can truely feel like a service; the raiding crowd kind of "giving back" to the community.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Ruull » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:54 pm

Our price scheme is basically:

Rusted 20k
Ironbound 40k - We knock off 5k here if the buyer has the Razorscale achievement
Mim heads 100k
Ruull, Might - Turalyon - US
Ruull

Postby Joanadark » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:47 pm

youre actually selling mimiron's head? I surprised. Too many of our guys want it to even consider selling it.
Joanadark

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon