Kara - Some advice please

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby cordelia » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:42 pm

Korath wrote:Thought I would update this...

Been in Kara a few times this week and its was good fun. I got boots of elusion, Kings defender and legs off Curator. (1Heroic mec and I get Sun Eater, 1 kara and I get KD).

I hate you. I've been in kara for weeks, and have t4 gloves and the idiotic vambraces to show for it(already had felsteel and BotGF), so neither is an upgrade. Luckily, I have the t4 shoulders from KHM, so the gloves give me a set bonus (unneeded for Kara, though). I also missed a chance @ decapitator, b/c I didn't realize it's use was independent of melee.
/QQ

Seriously, though, gratz on your gear and successes. Read the Prince threads in this forum. I think you should try the stop-autoattack method on Prince, especially since you have Suneater(+agi enchant). I plan to try it this weekend. Remember to spam your wings and all your threat in phase 1, and have the raid use as much aggro reduction as they have before phase 2 starts. Ironshield Potions, ftw, also. They _really_ help vs. prince, or their cheaper alternative, Stoneshield.
cordelia

Postby mconeone » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:09 pm

I'd say t4 is an upgrade over felsteel for what you get in return. VoC is an upgrade over BotGF once you are uncrushable without the dodge.
mconeone

Postby Korath » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:20 am

cordelia wrote:Seriously, though, gratz on your gear and successes. Read the Prince threads in this forum. I think you should try the stop-autoattack method on Prince, especially since you have Suneater(+agi enchant). I plan to try it this weekend. Remember to spam your wings and all your threat in phase 1, and have the raid use as much aggro reduction as they have before phase 2 starts. Ironshield Potions, ftw, also. They _really_ help vs. prince, or their cheaper alternative, Stoneshield.

Cheers, I was planning to attempt the stop attack thing on prince as aggro doesnt seem like a problem (fully buffed, adepts, sup wizard oil). Didnt think of the Ironsheild pot, will have to get a few sorted :) Still need to get my suneater enchantig with ailigty aswell.

Last night went back in for Attumen, Moroes and Maiden. Lead the raid which was fun and new. Also dual tanked both Attumen & Midnight by accident. Druid couldnt pull him off me after he spawned so I told him to drop into cat and dps :)

edit: no loots for me tho :(

.::. Karak 70 Resto Shaman .::.
.::. Sajuuk 70 Destro Warlock .::.
.::. Bentusi 60 Ret Paladin .::.
Korath

Postby Korath » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:01 am

Prince down at last! :)

Me as a 3rd healer/keep JoW up. Didnt really do to much untill phase 2 and 3.

T4 Helm dropped, rolled 95, shammy rolled 99 :(

Korath

Postby Lakirby » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:57 am

Hopefully sometime soon my guild will let me MT a full Kara... just a pity that 2 of my fellow raid leaders are prot warriors!
<Shadows of Eternity> - Kilrogg EU - 5/5 MH 9/9 BT
Retiring 11/07/08 - Tanking to the bitter end.
Lakirby

Postby Bavius » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:09 am

I found that the best way in getting respect was to get the gear first and only main tank. Off-tanking is embaressing because the threat generation and lack of mana is... weaksauce. You can do it, don't get me wrong, but it won't impress anyone. MT or respec IMHO. There are situations where this is not the case, but for Kara we don't usually take an OT.
Bavius

Postby Korath » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:13 am

I'm MT for most of it but for Prince we were getting owned so brought in our very shiny geared warrior to give the healers abit of breathing room

Korath

Postby Korath » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:39 am

Prince down with me tanking, ironsheild pots are great! :D

3 attempts... 1st one was bad infernals, 2nd I got hit for 22K in less than a second :/ and 3rd down :)

Couple of crushes due to bad global cooldown timing but didnt cause any disasters. Hunter not using feign death at 99% aggro nearly caused some issues :P

Korath

Previous

Return to Karazhan