Remove Advertisements

[25] Yogg-0 in 3.2

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25] Yogg-0 in 3.2

Postby Belloc » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:36 am

Rehlachs wrote:
Joanadark wrote:You should be having paladins Aura Mastery that so you never get silenced. 2 paladins with AM are enough.

Are you sure about that? Our holy paladin (using AM on the first roar) claimed that this AM was always on cooldown when the third roar occured.

Probably the typical case of not using your cooldowns at the most effective time.

If you know the silence is coming, use aura mastery early so that it'll be up early for the next use.
Belloc

Postby Joanadark » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:45 am

Rehlachs wrote:
Joanadark wrote:You should be having paladins Aura Mastery that so you never get silenced. 2 paladins with AM are enough.

Are you sure about that? Our holy paladin (using AM on the first roar) claimed that this AM was always on cooldown when the third roar occured.

Yeah, your holy paladin is just sucking. Deafening Roar is on a fixed timer, thats like clockwork, and has a several-second cast time. You can use it reactively when you see him start the cast the first time and it will still always be back up for the third.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Splug » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:01 pm

Or you can push a macro that creates half a dozen pizza timers in DBM when phase III starts, the first one being 30 seconds and each subsequent one being 60 seconds longer.

Then the tanks get to click away the wall of pizza timers while trying to pick up adds.

I think I actually got tired of clicking them away and didn't bother for the kill video I posted.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby kram » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:35 pm

for bigwigs just edit yoggsaron.lua and add:
Code: Select all
      if db.roar then
         self:Bar(L["roar_bar"], 30, spellID)
         self:DelayedMessage(25, L["roar_warning"], "Attention")
      end

below:
      phase = 3
      self:CancelAllScheduledEvents()

it doesnt check if its hard mode or not so it will always announce the 1st roar even if you have all 4 keepers down
kram

Postby Joanadark » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:13 pm

Splug wrote:Or you can push a macro that creates half a dozen pizza timers in DBM when phase III starts, the first one being 30 seconds and each subsequent one being 60 seconds longer.

Then the tanks get to click away the wall of pizza timers while trying to pick up adds.

I think I actually got tired of clicking them away and didn't bother for the kill video I posted.

-Splug

i sense frustration.
kram wrote:for bigwigs just edit yoggsaron.lua and add:
if db.roar then
self:Bar(L["roar_bar"], 30, spellID)
self:DelayedMessage(25, L["roar_warning"], "Attention")
end

below:
phase = 3
self:CancelAllScheduledEvents()

it doesnt check if its hard mode or not so it will always announce the 1st roar even if you have all 4 keepers down

Does he not roar on 4-keeper? I honestly have no idea. I havnt done 4-keeper since my very first kill.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Treck » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:44 pm

I think he only does it if atleast one keeper is not assisting. Since thats why you gotta keep one out for the legendary thingy. And ive never been silenced on 25man killing it with 4 keepers.
Treck

Postby kram » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:09 pm

Yeah roar is 3 or less, and only on 25 man.
kram

Postby Avengeance » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:25 pm

AFAIK the silencing roar has a 50 yard range counting from the center of the boss (so probably around 30 yard from the edge of the boss). My healers report that they never get silenced if they stand at max range.

This is of course no concern to tanks coz we still get silenced.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Drae » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:16 am

Original poster here, finally got it tonight after all these hours of attempts. Ended up having to use a 3rd hunter (an alt) instead of the druid taunting.

We used this mod:
http://www.stratfu.com/blog/2009/08/fus ... saron-mod/

It's a little bit glitchy in that every now and then it would report that it had marked all the mobs but one of them (I think it was always the last one) wouldn't have a mark for some reason. This in fact happened on our kill attempt, but luckily I was able to spot the mob and target it and taunt it and run it out in time (as ret).

Oh we only had a single holy paladin with aura mastery as well.
Drae

Postby Meloree » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:15 pm

Finally got it. If we hadn't lost a whole week due to a couple of key people suddenly having giant internet problems...

Running a short roster sucks.

--
Meloree, <Edge>, Garona
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Cakes » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:25 am

Meloree wrote:Running a short roster sucks.
Meloree, <Edge>, Garona

Running a short roster is great... when it's not the summer or finals time.
Former GM and Raid Leader of Midwinter - US PVE Ysera
Cakes

Postby Meloree » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:22 am

Cakes wrote:
Meloree wrote:Running a short roster sucks.
Meloree, <Edge>, Garona

Running a short roster is great... when it's not the summer or finals time.

Granted. I'd much rather have 30 raiders who all raid.

It just bit us last week, I was bitching.

--
Meloree, <Edge>, Garona
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Tarazed » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:08 am

Does anyone else have the feeling that it is much easier to have 3 melee hybrids on beacon duty rather than hunters? Something like:

> beacons
> OT1 spams his /tar macro, marks, taunts and runs away
> OT2 spams his macro, marks & taunts as soon as he gets a non marked mob, runs away
> OT3 does the same
> tanks taunt the mobs back when they have time

As opposed to using the targeting mod and relying on hunters to grab the marked one correctly? Or maybe I just have to give our hunters more time to learn it :(
Tarazed

Postby Belloc » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:35 am

Tarazed wrote:Does anyone else have the feeling that it is much easier to have 3 melee hybrids on beacon duty rather than hunters? Something like:

> beacons
> OT1 spams his /tar macro, marks, taunts and runs away
> OT2 spams his macro, marks & taunts as soon as he gets a non marked mob, runs away
> OT3 does the same
> tanks taunt the mobs back when they have time

As opposed to using the targeting mod and relying on hunters to grab the marked one correctly? Or maybe I just have to give our hunters more time to learn it :(

The reason you use hunters is that their "taunt" is actually just a long fixate (6 seconds?). So, they shoot the marked adds, the adds run out, and then the adds go right back to the tank before they've healed enough to do any meaningful damage to the hunters.

Using dps that can taunt is fine, but it does require more work from the tanks.
Belloc

Postby Tarazed » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:03 pm

Belloc wrote:Using dps that can taunt is fine, but it does require more work from the tanks.

True but it does have the advantage of trivializing target assignments and pulling. On a second thought it is probably better to use 2 dps taunters and 1 hunter for the last one since there is only 1 left at that point. I was wondering if anyone tried this tactic with any success.

Right now using 3 hunters and /target macros we haven't managed to get to the second beacon yet and pulling seems really chaotic.
Tarazed

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon