Remove Advertisements

[25] Yogg-0 in 3.2

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25] Yogg-0 in 3.2

Postby Belloc » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:36 am

Rehlachs wrote:
Joanadark wrote:You should be having paladins Aura Mastery that so you never get silenced. 2 paladins with AM are enough.


Are you sure about that? Our holy paladin (using AM on the first roar) claimed that this AM was always on cooldown when the third roar occured.

Probably the typical case of not using your cooldowns at the most effective time.

If you know the silence is coming, use aura mastery early so that it'll be up early for the next use.
User avatar
Belloc
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:56 pm
Location: Silent Earth

Re: [25] Yogg-0 in 3.2

Postby Joanadark » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:45 am

Rehlachs wrote:
Joanadark wrote:You should be having paladins Aura Mastery that so you never get silenced. 2 paladins with AM are enough.


Are you sure about that? Our holy paladin (using AM on the first roar) claimed that this AM was always on cooldown when the third roar occured.


Yeah, your holy paladin is just sucking. Deafening Roar is on a fixed timer, thats like clockwork, and has a several-second cast time. You can use it reactively when you see him start the cast the first time and it will still always be back up for the third.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark
 
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 7:09 pm

Re: [25] Yogg-0 in 3.2

Postby Splug » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:01 pm

Or you can push a macro that creates half a dozen pizza timers in DBM when phase III starts, the first one being 30 seconds and each subsequent one being 60 seconds longer.

Then the tanks get to click away the wall of pizza timers while trying to pick up adds.

I think I actually got tired of clicking them away and didn't bother for the kill video I posted.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
User avatar
Splug
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2381
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:16 am

Re: [25] Yogg-0 in 3.2

Postby kram » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:35 pm

for bigwigs just edit yoggsaron.lua and add:
Code: Select all
      if db.roar then
         self:Bar(L["roar_bar"], 30, spellID)
         self:DelayedMessage(25, L["roar_warning"], "Attention")
      end

below:
Code: Select all
      phase = 3
      self:CancelAllScheduledEvents()


it doesnt check if its hard mode or not so it will always announce the 1st roar even if you have all 4 keepers down
kram
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:51 pm

Re: [25] Yogg-0 in 3.2

Postby Joanadark » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:13 pm

Splug wrote:Or you can push a macro that creates half a dozen pizza timers in DBM when phase III starts, the first one being 30 seconds and each subsequent one being 60 seconds longer.

Then the tanks get to click away the wall of pizza timers while trying to pick up adds.

I think I actually got tired of clicking them away and didn't bother for the kill video I posted.

-Splug


i sense frustration.
kram wrote:for bigwigs just edit yoggsaron.lua and add:
Code: Select all
if db.roar then
self:Bar(L["roar_bar"], 30, spellID)
self:DelayedMessage(25, L["roar_warning"], "Attention")
end

below:
Code: Select all
phase = 3
self:CancelAllScheduledEvents()


it doesnt check if its hard mode or not so it will always announce the 1st roar even if you have all 4 keepers down


Does he not roar on 4-keeper? I honestly have no idea. I havnt done 4-keeper since my very first kill.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark
 
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 7:09 pm

Re: [25] Yogg-0 in 3.2

Postby Treck » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:44 pm

I think he only does it if atleast one keeper is not assisting. Since thats why you gotta keep one out for the legendary thingy. And ive never been silenced on 25man killing it with 4 keepers.
Image
User avatar
Treck
 
Posts: 2114
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:10 am

Re: [25] Yogg-0 in 3.2

Postby kram » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:09 pm

Yeah roar is 3 or less, and only on 25 man.
kram
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:51 pm

Re: [25] Yogg-0 in 3.2

Postby Avengeance » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:25 pm

AFAIK the silencing roar has a 50 yard range counting from the center of the boss (so probably around 30 yard from the edge of the boss). My healers report that they never get silenced if they stand at max range.

This is of course no concern to tanks coz we still get silenced.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:30 pm

Re: [25] Yogg-0 in 3.2

Postby Drae » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:16 am

Original poster here, finally got it tonight after all these hours of attempts. Ended up having to use a 3rd hunter (an alt) instead of the druid taunting.

We used this mod:
http://www.stratfu.com/blog/2009/08/fus ... saron-mod/

It's a little bit glitchy in that every now and then it would report that it had marked all the mobs but one of them (I think it was always the last one) wouldn't have a mark for some reason. This in fact happened on our kill attempt, but luckily I was able to spot the mob and target it and taunt it and run it out in time (as ret).



Oh we only had a single holy paladin with aura mastery as well.
Drae
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 4:24 pm

Re: [25] Yogg-0 in 3.2

Postby Meloree » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:15 pm

Finally got it. If we hadn't lost a whole week due to a couple of key people suddenly having giant internet problems...

Running a short roster sucks.

--
Meloree, <Edge>, Garona
Meloree
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1420
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:15 am

Re: [25] Yogg-0 in 3.2

Postby Cakes » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:25 am

Meloree wrote:Running a short roster sucks.
Meloree, <Edge>, Garona


Running a short roster is great... when it's not the summer or finals time.
Former GM and Raid Leader of Midwinter - US PVE Ysera
Cakes
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:14 pm

Re: [25] Yogg-0 in 3.2

Postby Meloree » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:22 am

Cakes wrote:
Meloree wrote:Running a short roster sucks.
Meloree, <Edge>, Garona


Running a short roster is great... when it's not the summer or finals time.


Granted. I'd much rather have 30 raiders who all raid.

It just bit us last week, I was bitching.

--
Meloree, <Edge>, Garona
Meloree
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1420
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:15 am

Re: [25] Yogg-0 in 3.2

Postby Tarazed » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:08 am

Does anyone else have the feeling that it is much easier to have 3 melee hybrids on beacon duty rather than hunters? Something like:

> beacons
> OT1 spams his /tar macro, marks, taunts and runs away
> OT2 spams his macro, marks & taunts as soon as he gets a non marked mob, runs away
> OT3 does the same
> tanks taunt the mobs back when they have time

As opposed to using the targeting mod and relying on hunters to grab the marked one correctly? Or maybe I just have to give our hunters more time to learn it :(
Tarazed
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:58 am

Re: [25] Yogg-0 in 3.2

Postby Belloc » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:35 am

Tarazed wrote:Does anyone else have the feeling that it is much easier to have 3 melee hybrids on beacon duty rather than hunters? Something like:

> beacons
> OT1 spams his /tar macro, marks, taunts and runs away
> OT2 spams his macro, marks & taunts as soon as he gets a non marked mob, runs away
> OT3 does the same
> tanks taunt the mobs back when they have time

As opposed to using the targeting mod and relying on hunters to grab the marked one correctly? Or maybe I just have to give our hunters more time to learn it :(


The reason you use hunters is that their "taunt" is actually just a long fixate (6 seconds?). So, they shoot the marked adds, the adds run out, and then the adds go right back to the tank before they've healed enough to do any meaningful damage to the hunters.

Using dps that can taunt is fine, but it does require more work from the tanks.
User avatar
Belloc
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:56 pm
Location: Silent Earth

Re: [25] Yogg-0 in 3.2

Postby Tarazed » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:03 pm

Belloc wrote:Using dps that can taunt is fine, but it does require more work from the tanks.


True but it does have the advantage of trivializing target assignments and pulling. On a second thought it is probably better to use 2 dps taunters and 1 hunter for the last one since there is only 1 left at that point. I was wondering if anyone tried this tactic with any success.

Right now using 3 hunters and /target macros we haven't managed to get to the second beacon yet and pulling seems really chaotic.
Tarazed
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:58 am

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest