Remove Advertisements

New to WoW and aiming to be a Tankadin

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: New to WoW and aiming to be a Tankadin

Postby Tsopaladin » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:25 am

Ulushnar wrote:
Tsopaladin wrote:Now I'm really enjoy my palladin! Prot actually does bucket loads of damage if used correctly, and you have many more ways to keep threat! Loving it! Avenging Wrath is flippen cool, I pop wings as often as possible when boosting smaller guild members... just cause it looks so cool!

I've slowed down a bit on my levelling, just want to get used to Prot a bit more. I ran with a group on the weekend and did Onyxia's Lair, 25 Man, pretty cool. But wow confusing! Is there some sort of addon or interface that I can use for raid groups? My standard interface only should 5 members, which really isn't cool.

Do a search for raidframes addons. Personally I like XPerl, but there's a lot of other ones out there too.

Cool, I'll check out both :)

Thanks!
I am a Paladin, my friends are the weapons and I am their shield!
Tsopaladin

Postby Pizbit » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:58 am

I vote grid, more compact and purty, but use what looks good for you.
Failing that you can drag out groups from 'o' hot key -> raid tab.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Kelaan » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:28 am

You can drag groups (or individual people) from the blizzard raid window (if you're an assist or leader, you may need to hold shift or control or something, I forget, or else it will move them to a different group -- not what you want). I use that for dynamic displays of "who are the other tanks", for easy assists / HoSac's / etc.

I personally enjoy Grid as a raid frame. It's very customizeable. If you use and like xperl, that's also great. If you look at the add-ons and macros forum, there's a sticky of peoples' UI displays. Many of those have raid frames, so you can find one you like and identify what it is by asking someone. =)
Kelaan

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents