The Nightmare Dragons

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

The Nightmare Dragons

Postby Utero » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:04 am

Tearar, Lethon, Emeriss, Ysondre.

Ive seen those guys marked as "Impossible" to solo. Easy to duo, but always impossible to solo.

I instead took a look around and saw that hunters solo some of them, and maybe other classes too.

So i gave it try and the result is: every prot paladin can solo them easily :D!

Tactics :
about 300NR or more is suggested, put you can surely push it lower.
SoL isnt necessary, but helpful. if you keep up sacred shield all the time, and got some rank heals, you can do without. I went SoL first kill, then always SoV.
Keep at last 3 - 4 ranks for every spell.
KEEP MOVING IN CIRCLE- A GREEN CLOUD IS LOOKING FOR YOU!
time to kill :20ish minute each
Utero

Re: The Nightmare Dragons

Postby Tropicana » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:45 pm

Decided to give this a go.
299 Nature resist
Target: Taerar - owes my rogue a sword
Result: Frustration

The only good thing about this fight is his knockback, which can take you out of the clouds, but will also cause him to evade and reset if knocked back far enough. The knockback also is a major pain since if sometimes he will teleport you back to him and possibly right into a cloud. I got him to 85-88% both attempts before he reset. Health wasn't an issue, but just to get him that far down took about 10 minutes. Though this one has always imo been the most difficult, my rogue is STILL after the Nightmare Blade. I can't even imagine how much of a pain he would be if I got him to 75% and he cloned.
Tropicana

Postby Utero » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:02 am

Tropicana wrote:Decided to give this a go.
299 Nature resist
Target: Taerar - owes my rogue a sword
Result: Frustration

The only good thing about this fight is his knockback, which can take you out of the clouds, but will also cause him to evade and reset if knocked back far enough. The knockback also is a major pain since if sometimes he will teleport you back to him and possibly right into a cloud. I got him to 85-88% both attempts before he reset. Health wasn't an issue, but just to get him that far down took about 10 minutes. Though this one has always imo been the most difficult, my rogue is STILL after the Nightmare Blade. I can't even imagine how much of a pain he would be if I got him to 75% and he cloned.

I killed taerar in the Twilight Grove so that could be an advantage, since he never reset there. (did you try to kill in feralas?that could bug out!especially if you got throw in the lake near its a sure reset)
Utero

Postby Tropicana » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:28 am

Yes, it was in feralas. But most of the time he would follow me into the water. The reset seemed pretty random, I think I was even hitting him one of the times.
Tropicana

Postby Tropicana » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:12 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQkVP5VRHk4
That paladin's attempts on terrar pretty much summed up my experience. Its at around 5 minutes in. Deaths, and resets.
Going to keep trying though, don't know what will happen to them come next expansion.
Tropicana

Postby Utero » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:43 am

Tropicana wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQkVP5VRHk4
That paladin's attempts on terrar pretty much summed up my experience. Its at around 5 minutes in. Deaths, and resets.
Going to keep trying though, don't know what will happen to them come next expansion.

Try to clear all the trash around and kite him in a circle, maybe it will work. The trash wont spawn again if you manage to kill him within 20ish minutes.

Anyway, Tearar+Feralas = Worst Combo.
Utero

Postby Tropicana » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:41 pm

Took down Ysondre today, always was the easiest one. Just took a long time. Could really use another NR piece, only at 274.
edit: And I see BoSanc wore off sometime, now I feel like a nub
edit2: gave Taerar 2 attempts in ashenvale. I don't even care how much of an accomplishment soloing him would be, its the most annoying shit ever. About 70% first attempt, 52 the second. Feared into clouds countless times, knocked back into other mobs. Horrible fight.
edit3: Could not be more pissed, was going perfect, 30%, I get feared through the terrain and a wall in ashenvale and got stuck. He evaded and reset, had to hearth.
Tropicana

Postby Utero » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:24 am

okei.....wait till Terar is in twilight grove, i assure you he never reset there!

I usually use a flask, the one that give 50 res to all magics. Its _very_ cheap! that could help you go over 300 and resist a bit more.

i also enable an additional action bar and i cant see it in your screenshot, so i guess you went to pick up the spells on the book, which is annoying during the fight.

in my 20min kill the dmg done is usually composed of

35% SoV+SoV DoT
20% Melee
15% Holy shield
10% SoR
etc

to mitigate dmg i mainly rely on sacred shield, when i go low, i just cancel divine plea, throw a heal, and recast. (i still use judgement of light). And also put more ranks of heals aswell btw, you never know. I avoid using divine shield because i keep that for the time i fail at clouds. (except on emeriss, then i use it on corruption)
Utero

Postby Tropicana » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:26 pm

Yea I found my missing NR piece, wrong bag in the bank. Put me at 325 without flask, but I did use the same flask you mentioned too. Didn't think to use different ranks of heals, didn't realize that was what you meant at the time. Would have helped. Just called in a hunter friend and killed him in 5 minutes after that last attempt where I got stuck. Just wanted the bastard dead at that time.
Tropicana

Postby Rodulf » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:06 am

can you post a short overview about your equipment, pls

the Wildguard-Set from Cenauris gives 170 NR
the Natural Ward from JC push it to 205 NR

than there are some entchants

Enchant Cloak - Superior Nature Resistance with 20 NR
Arcanum of Toxic Warding 25 NR

250 NR + Lesser Flask of Resistance gives a total of 300 NR, is it enough ?

Are there some Northend-greens needed or, are they maybe better then the BC Set?
(i have collect all what i can found but most of the greens are no plate amor)

i'm a little bit confused about my defenserating and my avoidance

Hope that somebody can help me

best regards,
a german tankadin :wink:

sorry for my bad english
Rodulf

Return to General Strats