Remove Advertisements

[Twin Valkyrie] Preparation for Boss #4

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[Twin Valkyrie] Preparation for Boss #4

Postby Threatco » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:16 pm

Any ideas tips links or speculation for how to handle this boss?
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Re: [Twin Valkyrie] Preparation for Boss #4

Postby Aenema » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:46 pm

This is PURE speculation, but it feels to me like we are going to see Sunwell twins all over again.

Fighting light and darkness at the same time feels to me like it will be an epic fight.

There cannot be a God because if there were one, I could not believe that I was not He. - Friedrich Nietzsche
Aenema

Postby Rehlachs » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:08 am

this is, what the hardmode looks like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQZuidKexBQ
Rehlachs

Postby Seloei » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:48 am

While the ptr was being tested mmo-champ had a youtube video of this up for a few days which got promptly deleted by blizz once they saw it but the basic fight (which i think how it was) was this.

2 "black vortex's" and 2 "light vortex's" spawn in each corner of a square. You tank the light add in the Dark vortex and the Dark add in the Light vortex (could be reveresed, was a long time ago). Dps got charged, like on thaddius with light or dark by running into the vortex or getting hit by the orbs that swirveled around the room (light and dark orbs random movement in the room, quite fast). They seemed to share health then or they just had totally equal dps on the adds which didn't seem like it, because i saw 3 near one add and 7 near the other one based on the minimap. And they died at the same time

So the basic fight i'd guess is : Tank in a vortex, stay until you get charged then switch targets if need to or run to the opposite vortex to get back the same buff so you can return to who you were dpsing at all times. Sometimes one of the twins will put up a shield that needs to be burned like on kael'thas and EVERY heal has to be interupted. While shielded, they are immune to interupts.

Didn't look complex, just look liked a merger between thaddius and Emperor Twins with a kael'thas shield
Seloei

Postby Mogget » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:57 am

When the fight starts there will be 4 clickable "vortexes" in a square, 2 light and 2 dark. If you click the light vortex you get "Light essence" which causes you to absorb light damage, deal less damage to light targets and deal bonus damage to dark targets, same kind of deal if you click the dark vortex only for dark targets etc.

Before you pull the bosses the ones that are going for Lightbane should click a dark vortex and the ones going for Darkbane should click a light vortex and the bosses should be tanked close to a vortex of their own color(so lightbane at a light vortex and dark at dark). There will be floating orbs around the area, light and dark ones. If these orbs are touched they explode for light or dark AoE damage. When you recieve damage of the color you are absorbing you will get a buff called "Powering up", once you have 100 stacks of powering up you will gain "Empowered Darkness" or "Empowering Light" and that will boost your damage on your respective targets by 100%. Wail on your respective boss while triggering orbs of the correct color(if you wish). At points in the fight you will see an announcement that either of the bosses is going to use an ability called Surge of Darkness/Light, when that happens all players need to go get the color or the surge being used(this is why the bosses are tanked close to a vortex). When the surge is over you should run back and get the color you had before the surge.

The bosses do share their hp pool.

This is all I could see from the vid that was posted on mmo-champs of the for the fight when it was on the ptr. There are other abilities, but I am honestly not sure how you are supposed to handle them, the vid really didn't show people bothering with anything except the surge and maybe the shield, it might not be worth it to atk a shielded boss(they cast a shield on each other every now and then, looking at the skills they use it might be possible that the shielded boss tries to cast "Twin's pact" a healing spell, so maybe it does matter that you atk the shielded target). Fight seemed to be short and easy tbh.
Mogget

Postby Marrus » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:32 am

Marrus

Postby honorshammer » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:58 am

I'm a little concerned Paladins/Druids will be at a disadvantage because of our lack of interrupts.
honorshammer

Postby Joanadark » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:01 am

You realize you can spec into a 20-second CD interrupt right?
It's disadvantaged by being on the GCD and more than double the CD than warrior/dk ones, but it's a viable interrupt nonetheless.

Its entirely possible that the boss may be suceptible to silence on 10-man too. We'll have to see.
sucks to be a bear though.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby honorshammer » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:23 am

I'm aware of Improved Hammer of Justice. You do realize that when the content is released the best we'll be able to do is 30 seconds do to the nerf to Judgments of the Just.

Judgements of the Just: The reduction in cooldown to Hammer of Justice provided by this talent has been reduced to 5/10 seconds instead of 10/20 seconds.

As you said, our interupt is on the gloabal cooldown. I haven't seen what the cast time is, but if its anything close to 2 seconds, it'll be tough to interupt without some sort of advanced warning which we may or may not get. We also don't know the timer. What if they cast the heal more than every 30 seconds, wish you had Warrior/DK?

It's past time for tanking equality. Paladins need a short cooldown interupt off the gloabl cooldown.
honorshammer

Postby Threatco » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:15 pm

This sounds like a MUCH funner fight then the other ones.

Pls don't hyjack. 3.2.2 changes discussion goes here \/
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25342
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Belloc » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:18 pm

Twin's Pact — The Twin's Pact heals for 20% of their total HP. 15 sec. cast. Begins cast after Shield of Darkness has been cast.

It's a 15 second cast. That's enough time to have one of your raiders zone out and summon a new rogue in.

But seriously, it's not an issue. We don't need an interrupt like warriors and DKs have. If you aren't bringing a class that can reliably interrupt, you're not bringing a balanced raid. It will be fine.
Belloc

Postby honorshammer » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:47 pm

Belloc wrote:Twin's Pact — The Twin's Pact heals for 20% of their total HP. 15 sec. cast. Begins cast after Shield of Darkness has been cast.

It's a 15 second cast. That's enough time to have one of your raiders zone out and summon a new rogue in.

But seriously, it's not an issue. We don't need an interrupt like warriors and DKs have. If you aren't bringing a class that can reliably interrupt, you're not bringing a balanced raid. It will be fine.

The 15seconds is the time to get the shield down and interrupt.
honorshammer

Postby Belloc » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:33 pm

... Yeah.

Shield goes up, boss starts casting a 15 second spell. Everyone starts burning and you interrupt when the shield falls. Plenty of time to prepare that one global cooldown.

In other words, it's a complete non-issue.
Belloc

Postby fudomyou » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:41 pm

Threatco wrote:This sounds like a MUCH funner fight then the other ones.

I love shmups, and even though I liked Radiant Silvergun better, Ikaruga is awesome :D

Too bad there's no versus-mode option where you try and push other raid members into the wrong color...
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Mithos » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:23 pm

Ikaruga boss FTW *thumbs up*.
Mithos

Next

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon